Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

CSU Players Preston Hodges, Blake Nowland Leave FB Program

12 hours ago, Bob said:

Maybe living in Ft. Collins just wasn't for them. Too bad

¿Did you even read the article?

One was academics

One was an injury

One was head-case that never even enrolled

10 hours ago, kingpotato said:

CSU's defense is going to be terrible this year. I think the Rams are the 5th place team in the Mountain

1st Sentence:  I am very afraid you could be right

2nd Sentence:  That's too low

13 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

All the above is old news:

Nowland:  Pre-Spring Ball

Hodges:  2-wks-ish ago

Davis:  3-wks-ish ago

Obviously I have ZERO inside information.  However just judging on his recruitment out of Merced CC, I'm predicting Devron Davis flames-out whereever he ends up.  I hope to God I'm wrong for this kids sake, but I have a hunch.

Has anybody heard where DD he landed???  I was Googling it last night, but I came up empty.

3 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Obviously I have ZERO inside information.  However just judging on his recruitment out of Merced CC, I'm predicting Devron Davis flames-out whereever he ends up.  I hope to God I'm wrong for this kids sake, but I have a hunch.

Has anybody heard where DD he landed???  I was Googling it last night, but I came up empty.

Devron Davis is going to have a tough time getting on anywhere.  Academic issues.

1 hour ago, jimjam said:

Devron Davis is going to have a tough time getting on anywhere.  Academic issues.

¡¡¡ ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING !!!

¿Could he end up playing another-yr at a JuCo...or was he at Merced CC for 2-yrs already?

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Nowland - Injuries.  Happens everywhere.  Hope he finishes college.

Hodges - academics.  Pisses me off.  With the academic support that the CSU AD offers, you have to just not give a shit to blow this scholarship.

Davis - head case.  Did anybody really think that this yahoo was going to be all that.  He overstated his 40 time, he swore he had offers from like 35 different schools, and he was clearly a head case from the start.  A very talented head case, but he was trouble waiting to happen.

This is ugly.  As for the safety spot...two of these guys were going to back up Justin Sweet.  You know the guy who just got a DUI.  We are so +++++ed at safety it's not even just pathetic anymore.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Hodges - academics.  Pisses me off.  With the academic support that the CSU AD offers, you have to just not give a shit to blow this scholarship.

Davis - head case.  Did anybody really think that this yahoo was going to be all that.  He overstated his 40 time, he swore he had offers from like 35 different schools, and he was clearly a head case from the start.  A very talented head case, but he was trouble waiting to happen.

This is ugly.  As for the safety spot...two of these guys were going to back up Justin Sweet.  You know the guy who just got a DUI.  We are so +++++ed at safety it's not even just pathetic anymore.

^^^^^^|  To no ones surprise, Heatbutt hits the nail squarely on the head  |^^^^^^

41 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Here's hoping Houston Haynes is the real deal.  Heard he had a good spring, hope it carries over to the fall.

Schlager at SS and Haynes at FS.

1 hour ago, jimjam said:

Here's hoping Houston Haynes is the real deal.  Heard he had a good spring, hope it carries over to the fall.

Any more wide-out, ala Vaden, moving to the other-side-of-the-ball this Summer?

16 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Two very talented guys with little to no D1 experience, and almost zero depth behind them.  Not a knock on Schlager as I have seen him play a little and am impressed, and have heard great things about Haynes.  It's just that neither has seen the field at this level very much, and with the loss of Hodges and Davis, it's going to be tough to field any success at safety.  Hopefully J. Sweet got a raw deal from a rogue cop and his case gets dismissed.  That ain't happening.  FCPD can be considered on the assholish side of law enforcement IMO, but something tells me that a kid getting a DUI on his 21st B-Day is probably a legit bust.

2 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Any more wide-out, ala Vaden, moving to the other side of the ball this Summer?

No, but Vaden is impressing at corner from what I hear, and from what I saw in the spring game.  Probably should have moved him over there the day Higgins walked on campus, but hindsight is always 20/20.  

I may be getting too worked up on this.  Every year my biggest concerns seem stupid when they finally take the field, and my biggest hopes just don't pan out to what I thought they were going to do.

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

1st Sentence:  I am very afraid you could be right

2nd Sentence:  That's too low

Boise State, Air Force, New Mexico, or Utah State, which one of those will CSU finish ahead of? I have Air Force winning the Mountain and Boise State should be right there with them. This is easily the best New Mexico team under Davies and Utah State is always solid on both sides of the ball. To be honest, USU is the only one I can see the Rams finishing ahead of and that will be tough 

I heard they were leaving because all CSU FB players will be required to do one of two things to play at CSU:

1) Make donations to fund the new stadium based on playing time at CSU on whatever NFL contract they may get after leaving CSU.

2) For those that have no shot at making the NFL, they'd be forced to donate their entire stipend in lieu of a percentage of their NFL contract.

It sucks for CSU that their new stadium is working against them in the recruiting game; you'd think it would be the other way around, but welfare gonna welfare.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg