Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jdw

New Mexico Recruiting 2017

2 hours ago, Dirtball said:

I think those offers where from when he was in high school. Not now.

I know the Fresno St. and UCF offers were recent. Apparently, he committed to SDSU out of HS and went the Juco route. I'm assuming there were academic/qualifying issues. 

33 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Didn't this guy sign with SDSU out of HS?

Boyce signed with us out of HS but didn't make it in academically so went to Arizona Western. Didn't keep the offer (we took Anthony Luke) but Boyce is good athlete and that program is really solid so I'm sure he'll be a good one for UNM.

13 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Boyce is taking an OV to Fresno this weekend. If he's committed to UNM, he hasn't publicly announced it yet.

Recruiting is fluid this time of year, but he's listed as a hard commit to UNM.

http://247sports.com/player/rayshawn-boyce-34334

New Mexico picked up a couple more quality recruits. 

3 star WR Marcus Hayes

http://247sports.com/Player/Marcus-Hayes-86226

3 star WR 

Nico Bolden

Decommited from Vandy. Had offers from Vandy, Syracuse, and Washington St.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Nico-Bolden-88111/RecruitInterests

Very quietly, UNM is putting up a pretty good class. Probably end up ranked in the middle to upper-half. More importantly, filled areas of need, especially on defense. Due respect to Rocky, I'm not sure the program has ever been this solid, top to bottom.

Lobos loaded up on defense this year, we added size up the middle where we needed it with two 6'2" 340+ DTs and a 6'2 245 MLB. To good sized, athletic rush LBs at 6'3 240 and 6'5" 250. Some big CBs who can cover 6'1" 184 & 6'2" 192. And a stud JuCo All-American S at 6'1" 207. To name a few. 

On offense we got a major upgrade at QB in true ***dual-threat Cameron Burston. We also signed a running QB who is faster than Lamar Jordan. So all in all a great recruiting class for the Lobos. This recruiting class will pay immediate dividends for UNM.

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

Lobos signed an all-state K/P fro Maryland this week and a JuCo RB 6'2" 225. With these two signees Lobos have three more players to sign for this class.

That's a bruiser RB...

53 minutes ago, hawkeyelobo said:

David is really building for the future. He is getting some solid guys from all over including the mid west. I'm impressed. 

From what I understand one of our schollies is going to go to Vincent Alerding K, who walked on last year and redshirted. Reports are he may even be better than Sanders when is said and done at UNM. Having accurate kickers is a plus with our potent offense. 

13 hours ago, badfish said:

notice anything about these pictures?

Boyce is a freak of nature.  I was bummed when he didn't make it in.  Crazy speed for about his size.  He's super raw though.  I don't think he started playing football until his junior year in HS.

If he can get qualified whoever gets lands him will get a toolsy stud.

On 8/3/2017 at 9:22 PM, k5james said:

Boyce is a freak of nature.  I was bummed when he didn't make it in.  Crazy speed for about his size.  He's super raw though.  I don't think he started playing football until his junior year in HS.

If he can get qualified whoever gets lands him will get a toolsy stud.

He is enrolled and practicing at UNM, being a late enrolly has hurt him as he is currently 4th on the depth chart at OLB.