Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Fresno St. Schedules Some Winnable Games

6 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

They definitely have a shot at going 1-1 in those games.

Y'all can't talk about losing to an FCS team... because you've actually done it. Not as many times as SDSU, but it's still happened.

October 2nd, 2010
UC Davis - 14
SJSU - 13

5 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Y'all can't talk about losing to an FCS team... because you've actually done it. Not as many times as SDSU, but it's still happened.

October 2nd, 2010
UC Davis - 14
SJSU - 13

Right. So what I'm saying is that the damage done to Fresno state football is so devastating and complete that you'll still be feeling it in 2019 and your program will be as bad as that 2010 sjsu squad, which was one of the worst in CFb history. We only had like 50 guys on scholarship, and half of them were freshmen. By 2022, you might recover, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Hang in there though. You might get a good coach who turns it around and then jumps on the first p5 school to open its legs for him.

8 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Right. So what I'm saying is that the damage done to Fresno state football is so devastating and complete that you'll still be feeling it in 2019 and your program will be as bad as that 2010 sjsu squad, which was one of the worst in CFb history. We only had like 50 guys on scholarship, and half of them were freshmen. By 2022, you might recover, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Hang in there though. You might get a good coach who turns it around and then jumps on the first p5 school to open its legs for him.

Look at Hemingway go!!

58 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

bstngp.gif

2 hours ago, creeper86 said:

Misleading OP-"winnable."

First @ SC without a return trip now @Sac? At least it's close and gets 'em out of that third world. 

At Sac St.? Interesting...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

3 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

Why a neutral game?  Play in Fresno for goodness sakes.

So, the home-home series with BYU turns into home-neutral, both games still played in November? I'd be mad if I were a Fresno State season ticket holder. I don't really get the move, I think a home game is more appealing. Can't imagine a TV partner is behind it. Since Fresno is still the designated 'home' team it falls under the MWC TV contract, and will probably be picked up by CBS Sports.

12 minutes ago, roswellcoug said:

Tonnes of BYU fans in Oakland. B)

Oakland does have the enormous LDS temple. You can see it all over the bay.

oakland-mormon-temple2.jpg

11 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Your AD is straight ass. Fresno's future home schedule looks worse than Idaho's before they dropped down.

Agree, it needs to improve...it's not an exciting home slate near term (although there are holes yet to fill)....but current AD Bartko has only been on board for about 18 months...many of these were locked in before he was even here (like Incarnate, Toledo, Tulsa)...but he does need to liven it up a bit...Minn is ok, but zero wow factor.

We've had a good 10-15 year run with Nebraska, Wisconsin, K-State, CU, Cal, Or St, Cinci, Rutgers, Utah...before that Oregon, Wazzu, etc...would be nice to get something reasonably close to that the next 10-15 years as well.