Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Fresno St. - USC Series All Games in LA

1 minute ago, Cincy said:

LMAO!!  What's the matter?? Cat got your tongue?  

C'mon, don't be scared.  Fill us in on why all of these players are bailing??

It must be nice to have such a solid program without players bailing.

12 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

It must be nice to have such a solid program without players bailing.

Pathetic response.  I assumed as much.

5 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Pathetic response.  I assumed as much.

oh, sorry, forgot I was talking to the infatuated gif boy.....not a pic, giffy, but certainly one of your favorite videos- enjoy.....Fales B4 also sure to enjoy.

No really.  Why are all these top notch recruits leaving Sharta?  Surely you have the "inside" information from Inside Sharta.  

Why are they leaving?

36 minutes ago, Cincy said:

No really.  Why are all these top notch recruits leaving Sharta?  Surely you have the "inside" information from Inside Sharta.  

Why are they leaving?

normal_20110711_5451.jpg

Now is the time to get UCLA to do a 1-1. We went to Houston and Rice I believe. No reason why UCLA should give a return game, unless UCLA does it as a recruiting ploy for kids to go home. Our AD is fairly weak though

On June 17, 2016 at 6:40 PM, dpc8302 said:

USC played in Hawaii, up until CBSSports started televising the games.  Then Pat Haden complained about CBSSN, and said USC wouldn't play in Honolulu for the foreseeable future.

That was because they were on probation, couldn't go to a bowl, and wanted a 13th game.

On June 20, 2016 at 1:47 PM, IanforHeisman said:

I'm just saying that Fresno's name still holds weight, and they should be able to get series like they did 10 years ago. If Boise can get these games so can Fresno. 

SC and UCLA aren't coming to Bulldog Stadium.  Ever.  It's a different deal.  Nebraska will, and they're obviously as big a program (or bigger) than UCLA.  But the dynamics are different with the SoCal schools and Fresno.  If the Dogs want to play the Bruins or Trojans, they'll have to play them down South.  It is what it is.

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

That was because they were on probation, couldn't go to a bowl, and wanted a 13th game.

100% incorrect.  The USC/Hawaii series was already scheduled prior to the investigation.  Hawaii has played USC 8 times.  They have only played twice in LA.

8 hours ago, dpc8302 said:

100% incorrect.  The USC/Hawaii series was already scheduled prior to the investigation.  Hawaii has played USC 8 times.  They have only played twice in LA.

Well, that's why they played in Hawaii the last time.  Kiffin said as much.

3 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Well, that's why they played in Hawaii the last time.  Kiffin said as much.

and you believe Kiffin?  Who ever believes Kiffin?

That last game was part of a home and home deal that was scheduled in June of 2009.  And USC was not under a bowl ban during those games(only the 2010 game, which was scheduled in the early 2000s).  In 2013, Pat Haden said it was going to be the last of the USC/UH games if they weren't going to get any TV exposure.(The game was on CBSSN, which then barely had 50 million households).

On 6/26/2016 at 3:18 PM, dpc8302 said:

Kinda. You are not allowed to play a 13th game if you are on probation so the game would have been cancelled. But it would have cost Hawaii some serious cash to lose that game so they petitioned the NCAA to allow it to be played. The NCAA showed pity on Hawaii and so the game was actually played

On 6/26/2016 at 0:41 PM, CPslograd said:

SC and UCLA aren't coming to Bulldog Stadium.  Ever.  It's a different deal.  Nebraska will, and they're obviously as big a program (or bigger) than UCLA.  But the dynamics are different with the SoCal schools and Fresno.  If the Dogs want to play the Bruins or Trojans, they'll have to play them down South.  It is what it is.

To be honest, i would have begged more to do HnH or 2 for 1 with a Nebraska level school than agree to 3 in USC's house.  I am sure the AD knows that and tried his best, but gotdamn that is an extremely lopsided arrangement.  I hope you take the first one.  At least make em sweat.  I'll side with ya, Dogs.  After that, go frick yourself. :cheers:

10 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

To be honest, i would have begged more to do HnH or 2 for 1 with a Nebraska level school than agree to 3 in USC's house.  I am sure the AD knows that and tried his best, but gotdamn that is an extremely lopsided arrangement.  I hope you take the first one.  At least make em sweat.  I'll side with ya, Dogs.  After that, go frick yourself. :cheers:

If you're a Cal State I think it is always good to play USC, wherever it is.  The other Pac schools I agree with you, but I don't see how you pass up playing USC if you are Fresno State.

The money is good too, because it's just a bus trip, so travel costs are low.  I assume they still take the bus when they play in LA, they used to.