Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MAD MACGYVER

Fresno St. - USC Series All Games in LA

10 hours ago, AZdogFan said:

2005. I was there. It's rather entertaining how quiet the Coliseum can get B)

I'll rephrase: USC only plays G5 schools where they benefit in some way. With Hawaii it's the opportunity for an extra game. With Fresno they get nothing except a potential (doubtful) ass-whipping.

I'm just saying that Fresno might have been able to get at least 1 home game with USC if it weren't for the MWC TV deal.  

We get 1.2 million per game.  Not bad for a short bus ride.  Our new model is 1 money game each year, 2 lower P5 H/H games and 1 FCS game.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

18 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm really surprised you guys are happy about this.  You should get a return game.  These are bodybag games.

Agreed.

Why didn't Fresno State ask USC to play one of the 3 games in Fresno?

16 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I LOL'd... and sharted...

I always like a good shart reference. It's the fart humor of the 21st century, you know. And that shit shart will always be funny.

Anyway, thought I'd drop this deuce here, since it died on the vine on Twitter. Figured someone might as well get a chuckle out of it...

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, Half Neslon said:

Agreed.

Why do you assume they didn't ask for a home game?  

They likely asked, were told it's not going to happen, then negotiated the price for games at the Coliseum 

2 hours ago, Half Neslon said:

Agreed.

Like U$C is gonna ever come to Fresno. C'mon man. 

15 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Like U$C is gonna ever come to Fresno. C'mon man. 

Perhaps you are right...

It's so difficult to schedule USC (since they only have 3 OOC games per year, and 1 is always ND), that it is probably a coup just to schedule them.  

It should still be fun for Fresno fans, regardless. 

1 hour ago, Half Neslon said:

It should still be fun for Fresno fans, regardless.

True, fortunately, the games are slated for every three years, so there is time for Fresno St. I wonder who will be the HC for the Bulldogs when these games roll around.

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

6 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I'm really surprised you guys are happy about this.  You should get a return game.  These are bodybag games.

Not sure I'd go that far. For CSU Fresno, body bag means going to Bama or Florida State and spending 400 hundred grand to get the crap kicked out of them.

This won't be that bad. More like spending about 200 hundred grand to come out with a $1M profit X 3. If Fresno thinks $3M is worth 3 losses, more power to 'em.

(I jest of course.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 hours ago, Mano said:

USC always plays one of the toughest schedules in the country, probably the toughest this year with Alabama on the slate in addition to their annual game with ND in their OOC.

Southern Cal  is the best pro f'ball team in SoCal.

Fresno St beat '$C that-yr.  It took a while, but those victories were vacated because Reggie Bush's Momma got pd.

52 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Fresno St beat '$C that-yr.  It took a while, but those victories were vacated because Reggie Bush's Momma got pd.

Nobody thinks that but you.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

On June 17, 2016 at 8:15 PM, AZdogFan said:

USC doesn't play away games for G5 schools. I'm sure if they had their choice they'd never leave the state of CA to play other P5 schools either. Given past statements from Bartko though I'd expect there to be a check with several zeroes on it for these games.

Since 2000 USC has played 3 times at Hawaii and once at BYU. But that's it. But I still think it's a crap deal. OK, maybe a one and done, but if you do 3 and dones UCLA will try to pull that shiit as well. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

There isn't a college team that could touch a pro team, even the worst. You are high. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

There isn't a college team that could touch a pro team, even the worst. You are high. 

#1 - The definition of "professional" is pay to play.  Bush, his Momma & Step-Daddy got PAID.  There were plenty of brown bag deliveries during my short time at 'SC in the late-'80's as well.

#2 - We don't even know if SD still has an NFL Franchise 

33 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Since 2000 USC has played 3 times at Hawaii and once at BYU. But that's it. But I still think it's a crap deal. OK, maybe a one and done, but if you do 3 and dones UCLA will try to pull that shiit as well. 

CSU-Fresno has ZERO leverage at the moment thx to the wonders of CTD.

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Nobody thinks that but you.

Me & the NY Times...

Remind me again which team plays in the WCC...CSU-Fresno or '$C???

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/sports/ncaafootball/usc-stripped-of-2004-bcs-national-championship.html

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Me & the NY Times...

Remind me again which team plays in the WCC...CSU-Fresno or '$C???

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/07/sports/ncaafootball/usc-stripped-of-2004-bcs-national-championship.html

Look, lumberjack.  We all watched the game.  We all know who won.  They can pretend the game had a different outcome, but anyone with half a brain knows better.  You can do better than this, ice road trucker.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Look, lumberjack.  We all watched the game.  We all know who won.  They can pretend the game had a different outcome, but anyone with half a brain knows better.  You can do better than this, ice road trucker.

Ice Roads are so Winter of 2015-'16.  The cool kids are building airports this Summer.