Warbow

Hawaii to the Pac-16

5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Your "state" has fewer people who are much more poor..what's your point? 

The point is UNM resides in a Top 50 market. One of only 2 untapped markets in the nation with no P5/NFL teams. The other being Las Vegas. UNM actually brings their market and the entire state. SDSU has to deal with 4 PAC12 schools and an abundance of Pro teams throughout the state. 

That is the difference.

That's why The Mtn never aired on cable in San Diego. 

That's the reason why SDSU has low attendance numbers even after a string of successful seasons. You barely outdraw UNM by a mere 16k with over 2 million more residents. 2 MILLION! All while SDSU is at its height in football while UNM is crawling out of the Lockley debacle. 

That is my point. 

roflbot.jpg

1 minute ago, Loboblast said:

The point is UNM resides in a Top 50 market. One of only 2 untapped markets in the nation with no P5/NFL teams. The other being Las Vegas. UNM actually brings their market and the entire state. SDSU has to deal with 4 PAC12 schools and an abundance of Pro teams throughout the state. 

That is the difference.

That's the reason why SDSU has low attendance numbers even after a string of successful seasons. You barely outdraw UNM by a mere 16k with over 2 million more residents. 2 MILLION! All while SDSU is at its height in football while UNM is crawling out of the Lockley debacle. 

That is my point. 

Show us all those highly rated UNM FB games blast. We'll all wait while you pull them up. 

To New Mexican's making the MW champ again against AFA might be exciting. But in SD, its a joke, just look at the small amount of success AFA has had against SDSU over last decade and you'll know why more people decided to watch on TV as oppsed to drive into traffic ridden mission valley to sit in what is only the second shittiest football stadium in America after that dump in Oakland. 

1 minute ago, Loboblast said:

That is the difference.

That is my point. 

pop of NM = 2.085M

pop of NV = 2.7M

pop of San Diego County = 3.2M 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

2 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

if the pac decides to expand by taking hawaii and all the week 0 bounty, i wonder if they stay at 13?

You guys will be their Notre Dame(I mean affiliate member, not financial juggernaut)...in for Olys with 5 guaranteed games...honestly Hawaii would be scary if that happened. 

1 minute ago, HighNTight_SD said:

pop of NM = 2.085M

pop of NV = 2.7M

pop of San Diego County = 3.2M 

That's not even getting into Temecula and other areas up the 15 that are more closely connected to SD than LA thanks to our fawkin insane traffic and freeway system. 

13 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

MWC top teams by attendance:

BSU: 33,611 avg -- 201,669 total

SDSU: 29,065 avg -- 203,459 total

FSU: 29,063 avg -- 174,217 total

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Mountain_West_Conference_football_season

Granted it's good attendance for a G5 in the MW should've specified that. For an aspiring P5 program they'd probably want better than that.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Blast, here's the hard truth. San Diegans that aren't hardcore SDSU football fans see MW schools as the hobos of college football, except for Boise...and honestly can you blame them? Yes, it's def a coastal big city mentality...but it's hard to argue with considering the state the MW is in currently. And trust me, I'm always trying to talk about MW schools to folks here...but they aren't having it. 

Hell, I work with another SDSU alum who is from Ohio. His dad is a hardcore tOSU fan. Him and his dad both follow Aztec football but will never pay to go to a game because they think the schools we play in conference are basically FCS schools...that's how a majority of SD look at the MW and it's  killing us now more than ever. 

14 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Lol, we still place in like the top 5 among G5 schools. Also, the fact that the MW CCG did better than the PAC CCG but not many people actually came to the game confirms what many San Diegans already know. The new MW/WAC has significantly harmed fan interest. We're playing better now than we have in just about 2 generations, but interest is fairly low...while BB interest is high. That tells me fans don't think much of our schedule (8 MW games a year, non against Boise) and they also know now that winning the MW gets you a mid-level bowl. 

LMAO

What a poor excuse. 

Face it. SD is just not into SDSU football. It's an NFL/PAC12 market. The numbers show that. Thanks to your buddy @HighNTight_SD for providing the link. SDSU barely outdrew UNM by a mere 7k fans.

roflbot.jpg

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Granted it's good attendance for a G5 in the MW should've specified that. For an aspiring P5 program they'd probably want better than that.

who do they have to select from for additions? SDSU has indeed been in the media shadow of our P12 cousins and our NFL overlords, but we have the market and means to be more once the Chargers move to LA.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

6 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

pop of NM = 2.085M Had The Mtn Network airing since day 1 for 6 years.

pop of NV = 2.7M Had The Mtn Network airing since day 1 for 6 years.

pop of San Diego County = 3.2M The Mtn Network never aired on cable. 

Something is not adding up in terms of which schools bring their market. 

roflbot.jpg

4 minutes ago, Loboblast said:

LMAO

What a poor excuse. 

Face it. SD is just not into SDSU football. It's an NFL/PAC12 market. The numbers show that. Thanks to your buddy @HighNTight_SD for providing the link. SDSU barely outdrew UNM by a mere 7k fans.

Considering ever MW game but the CCG was a blow out you probably should've had better attendance. Your fans must not have been very excited to make a bowl after the draught huh?

3 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

who do they have to select from for additions? SDSU has indeed been in the media shadow of our P12 cousins and our NFL overlords, but we have the market and means to be more once the Chargers move to LA.

Agreed. Once the chargers are out of the picture your odds improve a lot. I just don't think the pac adding another California school adds a whole lot for them,but I'm like everybody else- just an ass hole with an opinion I feel like sharing.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, Loboblast said:

LMAO

What a poor excuse. 

per game ...

BSU 33, 611 // SDSU 29,065  // UNM 22,562

for the season ...

SDSU 203,459 // BSU 201,669 // UNM 157,953

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

1 minute ago, madmartigan said:

Agreed. Once the chargers are out of the picture your odds improve a lot. I just don't think the pac adding another California school adds a whole lot for them,but I'm like everybody else- just an ass hole with an opinion I feel like sharing.

it is about the same calculations as the B12 adding a 5th TX team ... yet no one seems to blink at the possible addition of U of Houston

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Just now, AztecSU said:

Considering ever MW game but the CCG was a blow out you probably should've had better attendance. Your fans must not have been very excited to make a bowl after the draught huh?

Honestly, I think we'll see that this year. Nobody expected UNM to be within 1TD and 8 minutes away from contending for a CCG. 

If Davie stays the course. I definitely believe we'll see an increase in attendance. Heck, when Rocky was here he was only winning 7 games a year and we nearly cracked 40K. 

roflbot.jpg

10 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Blast, here's the hard truth. San Diegans that aren't hardcore SDSU football fans see MW schools as the hobos of college football, except for Boise...and honestly can you blame them? Yes, it's def a coastal big city mentality...but it's hard to argue with considering the state the MW is in currently. And trust me, I'm always trying to talk about MW schools to folks here...but they aren't having it. 

Hell, I work with another SDSU alum who is from Ohio. His dad is a hardcore tOSU fan. Him and his dad both follow Aztec football but will never pay to go to a game because they think the schools we play in conference are basically FCS schools...that's how a majority of SD look at the MW and it's  killing us now more than ever. 

yep ... I will add that our games vs the P12 far outdraw our games vs any MWC team -- if we had an entire schedule of P12 teams, our attendance should be in excess of 50K per game.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

8 minutes ago, Loboblast said:

Something is not adding up in terms of which schools bring their market. 

the thing that is not adding up for you is that the MTN did air on cable here in SD, even though it was not a CSN property.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg