Warbow

MWC Power-5 Ranking Order

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

How so.  This "we are the only team worth more than we get paid" shtick is getting old.  Guess what, even with the bonus structure we still do not get paid what we are worth.

You guys created a MW lotto system that is rigged against us(because of CBSSN selecting first). When Wyo is getting paid more than us regularly with the seasons they've had, and the draw they have, that's a major problem. Your point would make more sense if Idaho was getting paid more than you in the season(s) you mentioned. Let that sink in for a moment because that's exactly what is happening to us now. 

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

You guys created a MW lotto system that is rigged against us(because of CBSSN selecting first). When Wyo is getting paid more than us regularly with the seasons they've had, and the draw they have, that's a major problem. Your point would make more sense if Idaho was getting paid more than you in the season(s) you mentioned. Let that sink in for a moment because that's exactly what is happening to us now. 

Idaho got paid just as much.  

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Our ESPN ratings average out higher than a lot of P5 schools.. More than BYU, who gets a few million more. 

Which is why SDSU, Hawaii, BYU, and BSU(maybe one more?) should be indy and form the WIA (Western Independent Alliance). We schedule each other late in the season. It will allow Boise to be paid up to their true value, along with SDSU and Hawaii. No joke I bet we would all start getting better P5 homes games after the move. Less risk of games being put on CBSSN for them and ESPN gets to deal direct with the schools instead subsidizing half the conference. 

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Which is why SDSU, Hawaii, BYU, and BSU(maybe one more?) should be indy and form the WIA (Western Independent Alliance). We schedule each other late in the season. It will allow Boise to be paid up to their true value, along with SDSU and Hawaii. No joke I bet we would all start getting better P5 homes games after the move. Less risk of games being put on CBSSN for them and ESPN gets to deal direct with the schools instead subsidizing half the conference. 

This actually sounds like a good idea. More money for all mentioned instead of letting the rest of the coat-tail riding MWC suck the living crap out of us. I think Fresno St should be the other, they can survive independence.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

This actually sounds like a good idea. More money for all mentioned instead of letting the rest of the coat-tail riding MWC suck the living crap out of us. I think Fresno St should be the other, they can survive independence.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

4 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

We would need at least 8 teams IMO. 

No way. I think 5 is enough, 6 to be sure. At 5 you have the last month of the season scheduled. For the other 8 you do 3 to 5 P5 games if possible, and the rest would be G5 schools or an occasional FCS if necessary to fill out the slate. 

SDSU, BSU, CSU, BYU, Hawaii,  and ????

Just now, AztecSU said:

No way. I think 5 is enough, 6 to be sure. 

???? = New Mexico St and Fresno St.

16 hours ago, Warbow said:

Now what MWC school can claim all eight together? My point! Knucklehead...

The Pac-12 network cares about volleyball. ESPN cares about volleyball. The West coast cares about volleyball. Knucklehead....

Oh warblow at it again.  You should negotiate the contract personally with ESPN for rainbow volleyball. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 minute ago, AztecSU said:

Gawd, if we're taking a New Mexico school, might as well be the Lobos. I think just Fresno would be perfect though. 

We need New Mexico St because they are homeless anyway and we need a win on our schedule to start.

1 hour ago, slappy said:

I didnt make it up.  Came from your athletic department.  No school threatening to cut football is a serious candidate For the P12 in my opinion.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if you guys drop football or drop down after the next alignment.  You will be left out and you won't be able to afford playing.  I believe a few schools will be caught in your same position.  That is a more realistic outcome, joining Stanford and USC seems kind of funny. 

The previous AD was an idiot with no vision.  He never tried to ask for the new Hawaii exemption, stating that it had no chance to be approved.(Approved by legislative council with a 15-0 vote).  If UH had kept him, then yes I would have to agree with you about potentially dropping down. But they didnt.

It wasn't really until his final year that the AD went crazy.  He made the comments about dropping football on August 18th, 2014.  Later that evening he receives a call from Kalua Pig.  Then on August 19th, he backtracks on his statement.  Then on December 8th, just days after announcing Chow will be back for 2015, Kalua Pig pays him a visit.  On December 9th, the AD resigns siting "Personal Family reasons."

2 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Might as well be a conference if that's the case.  4 or 5 would be enough.

Teams here will try to act like tough guys and say they won't play, but they will.

Just a scheduling conference only. Everything else is independent of each other. 

7 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Just a scheduling conference only. Everything else is independent of each other. 

We should round robin in hoops to, just for the hell of it and the relationship between the schools. We could start the WIA tourney, rotate location to a different school in the group each year. That would actually be a decent hoops tourney. Problem is SDSU, Hawaii, and BSU would probably all end up in the Big West together though. 

45 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

No way. I think 5 is enough, 6 to be sure. At 5 you have the last month of the season scheduled. For the other 8 you do 3 to 5 P5 games if possible, and the rest would be G5 schools or an occasional FCS if necessary to fill out the slate. 

44 minutes ago, Warbow said:

???? = New Mexico St and Fresno St.

I would think CSU would have a problem with where to place their Olys and would also be hard to get them to separate from AFA, WYO & UNM, I don't think you'd get them to bite. Let NMSU join the MWC

UNLV would probably entertain the idea ... 

If a 6th is needed, take SJSU

That would give you football independents: BYU, Boise St, San Diego St, Hawaii, Fresno St, San Jose St. & UNLV

Would the BW take BSU, SDSU, FSU, SJSU and/or UNLV? I think they would

If you needed to get to 8+ to form a new conference, Utah St & Nevada may be receptive if BYU joined for all sports

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Just now, HighNTight_SD said:

I would think CSU would have a problem with where to place their Olys and would also be hard to get them to separate from AFA, WYO & UNM, I don't think you'd get them to bite. Let NMSU join the MWC

That would give you football independents: BYU, Boise St, San Diego St, Hawaii, Fresno St, San Jose St.

Would the BW take BSU, SDSU, FSU & SJSU? I think they would

If you needed to get to 8 to form a new conference, Utah St & Nvada may be receptive if BYU joined for all sports

No CSU makes sense, but I will die before I say yes to SJS. 

2 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

That would give you football independents: BYU, Boise St, San Diego St, Hawaii, Fresno St, San Jose St.

Would the BW take BSU, SDSU, FSU & SJSU? I think they would

If you needed to get to 8 to form a new conference, Utah St & Nevada may be receptive if BYU joined for all sports

We're doing this to get away from the blood sucking MWC schools like San Jose St and Colorado St.

I agree on Colorado St, I don't believe they could get a decent enough independent TV contract to survive independence.

I know that San Jose St wouldn't be able to get a TV contract also, in fact, I believe San Jose St will have to pay the networks just to televise their games.