Warbow

MWC Power-5 Ranking Order

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

In all honesty, although I thought adding USU to the MWC was as stoopid as it gets, your school has been an asset to the conference. However, that said, your school is definitely one of the three among the conference with absolutely no chance of a promotion to a power conference. Unlike Wyoming (because of the microscopic population of its state), USU has a chance to change that but right now, that's a reality and from what I gather, you're on an island thinking otherwise.

I think they show the same geographical and circumstantial constraints as us, but we have the edge in location and market.  And we are currently doing well athletically and the two are comparable, all things considered, in academics right now.  I like USU though, fans are good, and if the basketball can get back to playing decent, they could do well to raise the status of the basketball.  I thought it was a good add, considering some of the other options on the table at that time.

11 hours ago, Warbow said:

Now what MWC school can claim all eight together? My point! Knucklehead...

The Pac-12 network cares about volleyball. Lol. Because it can't get any better programming? ESPN cares about volleyball. See comment about the Pac-12 network. The West coast cares about volleyball. "West coast" defined as a few thousand people who like to oggle hot chicks in skimpy clothing.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

Bullshit. Much like CSU-Fresneck's chances at any advancement. Being that as it may, your post is quite understandable.

Meh...what's bullshit Dre is your pretending not to get the point when I know you do....but for the others that don't, the point is we're all doing the best we can to improve our institutions (academically and athletically) to best position ourselves if/when the next shake up happens..I know we certainly are on many fronts, as are SDSU, CSU, UNLV, Boise, UNM and really everyone else here (except maybe SJSU)....and I know advancing is the goal for all of us...but pretending that one of us is going to slot in alongside a USC, Stanford, Cal in a PAC that resembles it's current iteration is pure fantasy and a waste of time.     

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

While I find impressive that UH can draw as much as it does, and how it can derive income, how much do you think UH VB generates revenue, if you meant net income?  And do you think that is the end of the conversation if it was?  Or do you mean that it accumulates more revenue than a men's basketball program?  Because I would venture WVB produces probably around 1.5-2M including tournaments and ticket sales at most.  I am unsure how much your boosters give, so I am oblivious to that, if you have information to expand on that, that would be helpful. 

That would put WVB at about SJSU basketball, without their boosters, according to Equity in Sports database. 

This site has them at $2.2M in revenue, with $90k in profits.

1 minute ago, Chad Sexington said:

Reading this thread is like watching a communist argue with an actuary about the existence of Heaven.

I heard the actuary told the communist that sometimes circumstances let you fall into heaven through the backdoor.    

8 minutes ago, av-rated said:

I heard the actuary told the communist that sometimes circumstances let you fall into heaven through the backdoor.    

Ya got me. My brain doesn't do somersaults.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

I don't know if there is a heaven, I just know that 3 or 4 MW schools should kick rocks and go their own way before they drown on the sinking ship.

Don't let the door get in your way.  Happy trails.

28 minutes ago, retrofade said:

From that

The men's and women's Volleyball teams combined have 2 head coach(es), 5 assistant coach(es), and total revenues of $2,369,808, total expenses of $2,280,689 and profits of $89,119.

Maybe I gave too much credit to WVB.  SJSU BB made 2M, Monmouth, EMU both made 1.8M, LBSU at 2.4M for their basketball programs.  Didn't bother typing in really successful programs.  So, I will still say it is impressive, but if that is a true statement, then lulz at his premise of WVB having more revenue than most MBB teams.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

From that

Maybe I gave too much credit to WVB.  SJSU BB made 2M, Monmouth, EMU both made 1.8M, LBSU at 2.4M for their basketball programs.  Didn't bother typing in really successful programs.  So, I will still say it is impressive, but if that is a true statement, then lulz at his premise of WVB having more revenue than most MBB teams.

Good point, I forgot to qualify that it was both programs that made $2.2M. I couldn't find a breakdown of Men's vs. Women's Volleyball for Hawai'i anywhere.

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Good point, I forgot to qualify that it was both programs that made $2.2M. I couldn't find a breakdown of Men's vs. Women's Volleyball for Hawai'i anywhere.

I used their attendance of 6800, noticed their season tix start at 130, used a liberal estimate that accounted for the baller seats and cheaper student seats and said the mean price of a season ticket and single game accumulation would be $220 per seat, giving them around 1.5, then gave them $500k for tournaments and positive buffer space to max them at 2M.  If it is in the middle of that range, even Samford basketball makes more.  All of this is without boosters, so maybe Daddy Warbow is given Annie all that extra cash, otherwise, it's a tough thing for me to reconcile in favor of dpc.  With no offense to their volleyball team, as he said, it is one of the most supported in the nation.

21 hours ago, Warbow said:

Based on Location, TV market, Academics and sports success & attendance

1. Hawaii

2. UNLV

3. San Diego St.

4. Colorado St.

5. Fresno St.

6. New Mexico

7. Air Force

8. Boise St.

9. Nevada

10. San Jose St.

11. Utah St.

12. Wyoming

Fresno, New Mexico, Boise, SJSU, Wyoming are ranked much to high. Hawaii should be 4 or 5.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The West coast cares about volleyball. "West coast" defined as a few thousand people who like to oggle hot chicks in skimpy clothing.

Everyone likes to "oggle" hot chicks in skimpy clothing. 

14 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I wanted to give you a small light in the darkness that is this amazingly awful thread.

This must be your first off-season.  And with all of the CSU RAms to B1G, SJSU threads, SDSUWe-Outta-Here Threads, Realignment Threads, The Obesity Thread, and the OT, this is the one that you define as "amazingly awful"  :blink:

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So a significantly worse record, no significant OOC wins, no ranked teams and you think you have been just as good?  Lol.

Funny he doesn't seem to mention the Big East chose Boise first..

Or the fact that the MWC was going to let SDSU die on the vine, and that Boise was the reason a rope was thrown when the ship sunk.