Warbow

MWC Power-5 Ranking Order

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Big West titles? Sand Volleyball?

Apologies, I stand corrected. Hawaii is entrenched in that #1 spot.

Don't forget SJSU has a helluva Quidditch program. They should be higher too. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

16 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Volleyball and womens BB dont even move the needle.  Mens Basketball barely moves the needle.  Only football matters.

Can you say Colorado?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

SDSU tops this list, We know it, you know it, just admit it and deal with it.

I'll give Boise at least a share for 1.  Football is the most important.

Boise (need to get back to a few years ago soon though)

SDSU

UNM

AFA (only because we have to love you guys)

Fresno

UNLV

CSU

Hawaii (football only, would be higher if it was all sports)

Nevada

USU

Wyoming

SJSU

Legit potential yet unrealized

SDSU, CSU, UNLV, UNM

Could improve if they could be consistent

Wyo, Nevada, Fresno

Smoldering fanbases just waiting

SDSU, Wyo, UNM, UNLV, Fresno

What other MWC school can claim a NCAA volleyball championship title? What other MWC school can claim a college World Series championship title game? What other MWC school can claim numerous final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 in the NCAA volleyball tourney? What other MWC team can claim a softball world series entry? What other MWC team can claim NCAA basketball tourney bids for both their men and women's program in the same year? What other MWC can claim to play in a BCS bowl?  What other MWC team can claim a championship game in sand volleyball? What other MWC team can claim a national championship in men's volleyball? Now put this all together as a whole and tell me who fits the bill?

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Boise brings nothing but a good football team, without that they are Utah st.  

Sdst is lost in the same neighbor as USC and UCLA .

Studies have shown SDSU has a larger fan base in SD county (population 3.1M) than either of those Pac schools while having as much support in Riverside county (population 2.360,000) as USC and more support in that county than UCLA. Check our football and basketball recruiting and you'll see our support in the Inland Empire. (Kawhi Leonard is from just outside the city of Riverside, for example.) So although being just two hours from the campuses of USC and UCLA makes SDSU a bit less valuable to the Pac, we certainly aren't "lost."

As to your rankings, if you really want to be persuasive, you need to have separate lists for the Pac and the B12. I've read enough over the last couple years to think Hawaii actually might be considered by the Pac. However, no way no how will Hawaii ever be considered by the B12. Unlike the Pac, the B12 has never and will never consider itself as being on the Pacific Rim and Hawaii is 4-5 hours farther by plane than even SDSU for members of the B12.

I'm not getting enough work done today so I need to get out of here until this evening but location, TV market, academics and sports success/attendance are by no means of equal value to a conference nor are they ranked and weighted the same by the Pac and the B12. Pac's prioritization: TV market; academics; location; sports success/attendance. B12's prioritization: tv market; location; sports success/attendance; academics. Anybody who says I have devalued the Pac's opinion of success/attendance is ignoring the recent additions of Utah and Colorado. Particularly CU. Although the Buffs won a share of the mythical NC in 1991, they did so with lowlife players. When CU has played it straight in football, it hasn't been particularly good since the Byron "Whizzer" White days. And just how much football success did Utah have before hiring Urban Meyer? Also, to attempt to objectify the rankings, a systems analysis would be the best way to assess the chances of the 9 MW schools with an outside chance of promotion to a power conference. If I can find the time, I'll do so later.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, CO_Poke said:

From my point of view, you can add the the other 9 and you'd be spot on.   Wyoming is out because we are in a small market.   Other than that, we have a larger fan base than all these schools minus Boise.   We actually own our football stadium. And, our program is worth more than most of the other listed.    Not my lists by the way....so there is no bias here.    

I'm not new to the MWC or this board so I know that you SDSU fans are just a little to full of yourself considering you have the worst record of any MWC team vs P5 programs and have the worst overall record since the inception of the MWC (that might have changed...but I think I saw that within the past year).   A couple inflated years in a down conferences isn't enough to pull the wool over our eyes.   You should be proud of your accomplishments instead of staring a bunch of shit threads trying to tell everyone how good you think you are.

Pathetic!!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-much-is-your-favorite-college-football-team-worth-1452473476

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/19/the-geography-of-college-football-fans-and-realignment-chaos/?_r=1

You're not new to this board yet you apparently think Warbow is an Aztec. Okay, got it.

Boom goes the dynamite.

31 minutes ago, Warbow said:

What other MWC school can claim a NCAA volleyball championship title? I DON'T KNOW  What other MWC school can claim a college World Series championship title game? FRESNO STATE What other MWC school can claim numerous final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 in the NCAA volleyball tourney? I DON'T KNOW What other MWC team can claim a softball world series entry? I DON'T KNOW What other MWC team can claim NCAA basketball tourney bids for both their men and women's program in the same year? I DON'T KNOW DUE TO WOMEN'S BASKETBALL What other MWC can claim to play in a BCS bowl? BOISE STATE (NOT SURE HAWAII ACTUALLY "PLAYED" AGAINST GEORGIA) What other MWC team can claim a championship game in sand volleyball? I DON'T KNOW What other MWC team can claim a national championship in men's volleyball? I DON'T KNOW Now put this all together as a whole and tell me who fits the bill? NOT HAWAII?

I've summarized the actual problem with your statement with my "inserts" above in BOLD.

58 minutes ago, Warbow said:

What other MWC school can claim a NCAA volleyball championship title? What other MWC school can claim a college World Series championship title game? What other MWC school can claim numerous final 4, elite 8 and sweet 16 in the NCAA volleyball tourney? What other MWC team can claim a softball world series entry? What other MWC team can claim NCAA basketball tourney bids for both their men and women's program in the same year? What other MWC can claim to play in a BCS bowl?  What other MWC team can claim a championship game in sand volleyball? What other MWC team can claim a national championship in men's volleyball? Now put this all together as a whole and tell me who fits the bill?

SDSU sent their Men's and Women's basketball teams to the Tournament. in 2009-10, SDSU won the Men's Volleyball Title in 73

sig.png

1 hour ago, Warbow said:

Hawaii is near the top for ALL categories.  Location is now a plus for Hawaii with the 1 week early start and a 13th game for all Hawaii opponents.

Sports success doesn't always mean football only. Hawaii has won Big west titles and NCAA tourney bids in Volleyball and sand volleyball, Men and women basketball. I don't think any other MWC school can claim that.

Why are you even discussing your non MWC sports in a thread you titled MWC?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I'll give Boise at least a share for 1.  Football is the most important.

Boise is still a one trick pony (although its the right pony) with no baseball, poor academics, small market and recruiting area. We thump them in every category, and arguably have been as good in the one thing they've excelled in since they've joined the MWC- football.

2015 SDSU 9-0, 11-3 Boise State 5-3, 9-4

2014 SDSU 5-3, 7-6 Boise State 7-1, 12-2

2013 SDSU 6-2, 8-5 Boise State 6-2, 8-5

2012 SDSU 7-1, 9-4 Boise State 7-1, 11-2

2011 SDSU 4-3, 8-5 Boise State 6-1, 12-1

SDSU 31-9, 43-23 Boise State 31-8, 52-14

Head to head 2-2 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Boise is still a one trick pony (although its the right pony) with no baseball, poor academics, small market and recruiting area. We thump them in every category, and arguably have been as good in the one thing they've excelled in since they've joined the MWC- football.

2014 SDSU 5-3, 7-6 Boise State 8-1, 12-2

SDSU 31-9, 43-23 Boise State 32-8, 52-14

Head to head 2-2 

corrected for accuracy, but your point is the same

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

12 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

2014 SDSU 5-3, 7-6 Boise State 7-1, 12-2

SDSU 31-9, 43-23 Boise State 31-8, 52-14

Head to head 2-2 

So a significantly worse record, no significant OOC wins, no ranked teams and you think you have been just as good?  Lol.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

So a significantly worse record, no significant OOC wins, no ranked teams and you think you have been just as good?  Lol.

given these numbers ... I gather he is speaking of conference performance

SDSU 31-9 (43-23) Boise State 32-8, (52-14)

Head to head 2-2 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

59 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Boise St men's and women's basketball teams both went to the tourney last year.. Nobody gave a shit. I doubt less than 100 people in the 48 know Hawaii has a volleyball team.

The Pac 12 network disagrees....