Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

This backcourt is big, strong and athletic!

They both play above the rim and are power guards. Huge upgrades!

Jordy, Noah, Zion, Poyser, Mooring, Larry Bush, Ufeogbu, Jaylen Ballou... can any of those guys even dunk? All d2 / mid major players.

Christian Brown? Are they still in on him at all? Im thinking Marvin's going to sign at least 1 or 2 more guys. Joel Ntambwe is the only swingman on the roster next season. Unless Marv runs a bunch of 3guard, somethings got to give.

Not even thinking about 2020 or 2021. 

Marvin better stack this upcoming class and come out like a bat out of hell, or...

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

Christian Brown? Are they still in on him at all? Im thinking Marvin's going to sign at least 1 or 2 more guys. Joel Ntambwe is the only swingman on the roster next season. Unless Marv runs a bunch of 3guard, somethings got to give.

Not even thinking about 2020 or 2021. 

Marvin better stack this upcoming class and come out like a bat out of hell, or...

We’ll be fine.  The sky isn’t falling.

5 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Quade Green transferring from Kentucky. 

If this guy ends up in the MW and UNLV doesnt go after him... I doubt he ends up here, but would be nice.

UNLV was on him early on and offered.  Eligible Dec next season. 

article

No need to go after him.  Menzies won’t.  I expect Washington.

The more I think about it, the more this roster and the mpg breakdowns make sense recruiting-wise.

Kris Clyburn playing SG at 6'6" is probably a way to show Christian Brown that he can come to UNLV and slide right in and play as an oversized SG next to Ntambwe. 

That would definitely catapult UNLV into the MWC contender discussion with a line up like that. 

Also adding Raymond Hawkins or CJ Coleman could also add some game changing dynamics to the team as well. 

Not sure who the staff is recruiting, or who is leaving (if anyone). Im just hoping they are not done.

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

If theyre talking about a redshirt for Juiston, that means they already have a plan to free up scholarships. 

I think we see no fewer than two non seniors either walk on or leave the program.

As long as it’s people like Coupet or Sljivancanin, everything is good.  We can’t lose guys like Hardy, Hamilton, Woodbury, Ntambwe, Diong, etc.

18 hours ago, ph90702 said:

As long as it’s people like Coupet or Sljivancanin, everything is good.  We can’t lose guys like Hardy, Hamilton, Woodbury, Ntambwe, Diong, etc.

When Robo hit the shot to beat byu, I noticed Beck did not Join the rest of the team to celebrate at mid court.

If he doesnt play a bunch in the next few games, id mark him down as transfer #1. 

Unless JPL is much better than advertised (doubtful), or Menzies has an impact guy he's not discussing (more likely but still doubtful), next years class is going to be a bust and will have minimal inpact.

Im leaning toward heavily toward Menzies being fired after next season. I do not think UNLV makes the NCAA tournament next season without one more high impact guy. 

20181224_093638.jpg