Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

On 6/12/2018 at 8:34 PM, PrimeReb said:

Menzies is a really good defensive coach and has yet to show at  UNLV his base zone defense because of the limitations in his personal.

Ntambwe's high school team, Aspire academy played a zone with Bassey in the middle and Ntambwe on the wing. MM maybe just transitions Ntambwe to the same role in his base zone. 

Both these guys below are the same height at 6-5 now. Looks like BHam is longer, so Trey better be able to shoot and move his feet. 

This years team is about as good as any MM had at nmsu. But the MWC is not the WAC. There may be two or three ranked teams in the conference this year. 

I hope MM is able to put in his zone this year. UNLV needs a new defensive identity moving forward. 

backcourt.PNG.935995bb0463dd26af6fdc7b4b9ce2d9.PNG

63 pages on basketball recruiting but hardly anything on football recruiting. What gives? It's 27yrs since you won the title and yes I was rooting for you because I can't stand Duke arrogant ways! Holier than now attitudes also suck!

2 hours ago, Bronco22 said:

63 pages on basketball recruiting but hardly anything on football recruiting. What gives? It's 27yrs since you won the title and yes I was rooting for you because I can't stand Duke arrogant ways! Holier than now attitudes also suck!

do you not even know who we are??B)

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/versatile-jalen-hill-looks-like-a-diamond-in-the-desert

Hill is not short for college interest, as he told Rivals.com that a group consisting of TCU, UNLV, Oregon, Arizona and Florida State have invested the most time in recruiting him.

Arizona: “It was great to get that offer. It is close to home, a really great school. It is like a blueblood, and it was just great to get that one.”

Florida State: “I received that offer in February. I have a great connection with the assistant coach over there, Coach (Dennis) Gates. We have built a great relationship.”

TCU: “It is a great school. ... They offered me in January. The whole staff really likes me and I could go over there and play in maybe the best conference in college basketball.”

UNLV: “With the coaching staff, they think that I can come in and play right away. I built a relationship with the coaches over there. Coach (Marvin) Menzies over there, he is a really great guy. The coaches and facilities are great. It is like home.”

RIVALS’ REACTION 

Hill is a 6-foot-6 wing who is a sneaky athlete, capable shot maker, traffic rebounder and multi-positional defender. He has seen his recruitment expand tremendously this spring, thanks to his versatility. On the Nike EYBL circuit, he has posted solid averages of 17.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and over a steal and block per contest.

Just 16 years old, Hill’s best is still to come. UNLV is the only school that has hosted the Las Vegas talent for an unofficial visit. The Rebels could have the leg up, though TCU, Arizona, Oregon and Florida State should not be discounted in their pursuit.

ntambwe.PNG.6985f967bce858bcb6fee0a25f92cdc1.PNG

Isnt this Juiston pictured here? I was assuming Bengai would not suit up for UNLV this season. This means someone is out of here, because they are at the limit already even without Robotham getting one.

Any idea who? Maybe Djordilie walks on?

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I tweeted Bangai’s coach and he said that Louis is still coming to UNLV and will be enrolled for the Fall 2018 semester.

Also, anybody seen Juiston around lately?

Thanks for the insight and response from the coach. Bangai will be a solid replacement for McCoy. Maybe not quite as polished on offense, but a much better defender and rim protector. 

2 hours ago, qwelish said:

ntambwe.PNG.6985f967bce858bcb6fee0a25f92cdc1.PNG

Isnt this Juiston pictured here? I was assuming Bengai would not suit up for UNLV this season. This means someone is out of here, because they are at the limit already even without Robotham getting one.

Any idea who? Maybe Djordilie walks on?

I don't see Juiston in that pic? :shrug:

and i'm kind of worried about him.

17 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I tweeted Bangai’s coach and he said that Louis is still coming to UNLV and will be enrolled for the Fall 2018 semester.

Also, anybody seen Juiston around lately?

Who is that between Ntambwe and Dembele? Isnt that Juiston? Looks about 6-7.

It would be a major blow if he was not on the team. Even though Juiston was a defensive liability, it should be easier to mask without McCoy providing help/rim protection. He was more effective than McCoy as a scorer and passer.

Offense focused around Juiston / Hamilton I think is better than Mooring / McCoy. It will hurt not having both Juis/McCoy on offense, but the defense should get much better.

3 hours ago, qwelish said:

Who is that between Ntambwe and Dembele? Isnt that Juiston? Looks about 6-7.

It would be a major blow if he was not on the team. Even though Juiston was a defensive liability, it should be easier to mask without McCoy providing help/rim protection. He was more effective than McCoy as a scorer and passer.

Offense focused around Juiston / Hamilton I think is better than Mooring / McCoy. It will hurt not having both Juis/McCoy on offense, but the defense should get much better.

That’s Tchatchoua.