Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

8 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

i've been following his dad on twitter off and on for years, and didn't even know he had a kid until about a year ago. he is outspoken, and often gets into it with trigonis, but he is also not well, and at one point said he might not see his son play college ball. he is a big fan of unlv, i hope his son comes here in 4 years.

I'd also take any of the others on your list, as well, lol. and apparently this was waddilove's 'top 20'.. who knows.

Hopefully he is still a UNLV fan.  I know he was tight with Max Good.

With Cole Anthony, I don't know how much they are fans of UNLV, and not just since the Rice departure... since the Tark departure.

21 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Hopefully he is still a UNLV fan.  I know he was tight with Max Good.

With Cole Anthony, I don't know how much they are fans of UNLV, and not just since the Rice departure... since the Tark departure.

Isaacs is still a big fan of UNLV, and Menzies. I think if it was up to him he’d sign his kid right now, lol. 

Anthony, I just don’t see it. But I would love to be wrong. 

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Isaacs is still a big fan of UNLV, and Menzies. I think if it was up to him he’d sign his kid right now, lol. 

Anthony, I just don’t see it. But I would love to be wrong. 

Unfortunately all four of the recruiting experts charted by https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Cole-Anthony-at-Archbishop-Molloy-159568/CurrentExpertPredictions

have predicted that Greg Anthony's son will attend DUKE.  Oh the irony... that would make two sons of the RunninRebel championship team who chose Duke... but unlike Chase Jeter Cole Anthony will actually play.

42 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

did Julian Strawther narrow his choices to 8? I saw a clip with UNLV, Florida, Fl St, UCLA, USC, Arizona, WA, and UCONN flashed on it..

UCONN will be off the list soon.  Ollie won’t be around much longer.  He’s worse than Rice in my opinion.  He started higher and is finishing lower.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:44 PM, 4UNLV said:

did Julian Strawther narrow his choices to 8? I saw a clip with UNLV, Florida, Fl St, UCLA, USC, Arizona, WA, and UCONN flashed on it..

I wouldn't say "narrow his choices", it is not a final list.  He is only a sophomore so a lot will change in the next few years.

Last summer his "top 9" included Fresno St and Creighton - because at the time I think he only had 9 offers.  After Arizona and UCLA offered in August his recruitment has exploded

On 1/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, ph90702 said:

UCONN will be off the list soon.  Ollie won’t be around much longer.  He’s worse than Rice in my opinion.  He started higher and is finishing lower.

UConn is on the list because he has a lot of family within a few miles of the UConn campus.  A coaching change in the next two years will probably increase his chances of choosing UConn.

He also has a connection to UNLV - his sister plays for the Lady Rebels, but she'll be done before he gets to college.

We offered a pure point guard Johnathan McGriff for 2019.

Johnathan McGriff @yooo_john
FollowFollow @yooo_john
More

Blessed to receive a offer from UNLV?♦️#GoRebels?

DTdbtEKXUAAFnxZ.jpg
4:05 PM - 13 Jan 2018

He Snapped him!  The kids were having fun with this video.

•  

On 1/4/2018 at 9:28 PM, ph90702 said:

I hate responding to you, but damn that is stupid as +++++.

Ollie won an NCAA championship.

Rice couldn't take Kruger's best team ever out of the 1st round.

Plus UConn will be much better next year. They always have 1 or 2 down years in between runs. They're a top 25 team and will make a run in March next season.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I hate responding to you, but damn that is stupid as +++++.

Ollie won an NCAA championship.

Rice couldn't take Kruger's best team ever out of the 1st round.

Plus UConn will be much better next year. They always have 1 or 2 down years in between runs. They're a top 25 team and will make a run in March next season.

You’re an idiot.  They’ve said that the last two years about UCONN. They have been ranked the last two years based solely on reputation, and they’ve failed to step up to the occasion.

3 hours ago, ph90702 said:

You’re an idiot.  They’ve said that the last two years about UCONN. They have been ranked the last two years based solely on reputation, and they’ve failed to step up to the occasion.

You said Ollie was as bad as Rice. Who is the real idiot here?

They won the AAC tourney and an NCAA tourney game 2 seasons ago. Still more than Rice has ever done.

2 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

You said Ollie was as bad as Rice. Who is the real idiot here?

They won the AAC tourney and an NCAA tourney game 2 seasons ago. Still more than Rice has ever done.

He inherited a better situation than Rice did.  They won a national championship two years before he took over.  They are worse than we ever were under Rice.  They got killed by the big name schools in no -conference play this year.  We beat Oregon and Indiana in Rice’s final year.

13 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He inherited a better situation than Rice did.  They won a national championship two years before he took over.  They are worse than we ever were under Rice.  They got killed by the big name schools in no -conference play this year.  We beat Oregon and Indiana in Rice’s final year.

No he didn't.

Calhoun left Ollie:

Preseason #45 Kenpom, 2 starters,  270th rank in experience, 198th in minutes continuity and a team banned in postseason play.

Kruger left Rice:

Preseason #18 Kenpom, 3 starters, 29th rank in experience, 31st in minutes continuity.

Yeah we beat Oregon and Indiana, but +++++ing started 0-3 in the MWC as usual. Rice won off talent. MWC teams coached circles around the guy. You're a moron for your original statement. I'm done replying to you.

8 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

No he didn't.

Calhoun left Ollie:

Preseason #45 Kenpom, 2 starters,  270th rank in experience, 198th in minutes continuity and a team banned in postseason play.

Kruger left Rice:

Preseason #18 Kenpom, 3 starters, 29th rank in experience, 31st in minutes continuity.

Yeah we beat Oregon and Indiana, but +++++ing started 0-3 in the MWC as usual. Rice won off talent. MWC teams coached circles around the guy. You're a moron for your original statement. I'm done replying to you.

You’re still wrong.  Two years off a national championship.  We haven’t even sniffed a championship in the last quarter century.  MAL wound up going to Providence instead of UCONN because Ollie is such a poor coach.  Recruits didn’t decommitt from Rice.

For prized UNLV recruiting target Julian Strawther, growing up is a team effort

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/jan/16/for-top-local-recruit-julian-strawther-growing-up/

Recruiters from UNLV, Oklahoma, Gonzaga, Washington, Kansas and others have lined up to see him this year

Now, Julian finds himself rated as the No. 11 prospect in the nation according to Rivals.com