Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

21 minutes ago, qwelish said:

What is up with the total zero coverage by the local media of UNLV hoops?

Too busy grabbing them by the VGK I guess. It will be hilarious when vgk is losing and tmobile is a ghost town. Not wishing them to be bad, I just want to see how that would play out.

You don’t have to wish.  2-4 through 6 games.

So basically rebs need Hamilton and Woodbury to be as good or better than advertised. At least one of them needs to step in right away as a consistent contributor. 

Will need Noah to be a legit floor general and scoring threat. Juiston Has to be a legit #1.

Will also need Amauri and Clyburn to show big improvements in their games on both ends, specifically 3pt shooting and finishing.

Will need JTT to be much better than Dembele from day one behind Mbacke. Ideally, Bangai and JTT are much better than Dembele relegating him to the bench or better, a redshirt.

Rebs need the ability to guard opposing teams sf and big guard line ups. Last year Marvin did not like going to 3 guards.

Clyburn has not been a double digit scoring threat and Beck could not guard on the perimeter. Ntambwe, Blair, Clyburn or Beck needs to be a player at SF.

45 minutes ago, qwelish said:

So basically rebs need Hamilton and Woodbury to be as good or better than advertised. At least one of them needs to step in right away as a consistent contributor. 

Will need Noah to be a legit floor general and scoring threat. Juiston Has to be a legit #1.

Will also need Amauri and Clyburn to show big improvements in their games on both ends, specifically 3pt shooting and finishing.

Will need JTT to be much better than Dembele from day one behind Mbacke. Ideally, Bangai and JTT are much better than Dembele relegating him to the bench or better, a redshirt.

Rebs need the ability to guard opposing teams sf and big guard line ups. Last year Marvin did not like going to 3 guards.

Clyburn has not been a double digit scoring threat and Beck could not guard on the perimeter. Ntambwe, Blair, Clyburn or Beck needs to be a player at SF.

Dembele isn’t redshirting.  He’s already 22 and physically mature. He is what he is at this point.

MBacke, Juice, Beck and Clyburn impress in the Cal scrimmage. Mbacke has made significant progress! Robotham played well at pg. Hardy played much better off the ball than on the ball. JTT raw but a freak athlete and physical specimen. Will be good in time. Hamilton played like a typical freshman. Will be good. But not there yet. 

1 hour ago, PrimeReb said:

Also, Ben Coupet looked good too!

I’ve heard this as well, but I’m not sure how I feel about it. If Coupet was impressive is it because the rest of the team played poorly or is it because he is much improved? Guess we will see in a few weeks when games start.

49 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I’ve heard this as well, but I’m not sure how I feel about it. If Coupet was impressive is it because the rest of the team played poorly or is it because he is much improved? Guess we will see in a few weeks when games start.

I recall Coupet looking pretty good as a frosh. He was also very highly regarded as an underclassmen in hs, but when his height and offensive game tapered off, so did his recruiting interest.

Of all the frosh brought in he had the best attitude + game. He could be a Rene Roguea type player on a good team. Would have been nice to keep Baxter.

I heard not everyone played and that none of the frosh stood out.

The rest I already kind of knew. Nunu, Juiston an Mbacke will be tough to deal with inside this season.

Mbacke most improved. Ntambwe could be best frosh during the season.

6 minutes ago, qwelish said:

I heard not everyone played and that none of the frosh stood out.

The rest I already kind of knew. Nunu, Juiston an Mbacke will be tough to deal with inside this season.

Mbacke most improved. Ntambwe could be best frosh during the season.

Mbacke has pro potential.

On 10/17/2018 at 5:20 PM, qwelish said:

Clyburn is who he is. I doubt we see a huge jump in his senior year.  Doesn't happen a lot.

But we could see guys like Hardy, Beck and Diong make substantial leaps.

Fingers crossed.

On 10/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, ph90702 said:

Dembele isn’t redshirting.  He’s already 22 and physically mature. He is what he is at this point.

i heard that he and JTT might redshirt.. not saying it will happen but we'll see.

here are a few impressions from the showcase the other night, not that we saw enough to come to any conclusions, not even a scrimmage..JTT is going to be a very physical player, and also is pretty enthusiastic..Ntambwe seems to have IT..I always thought Robotham was underrated while at Gorman, I think he'll be what we need. Dembele made a HALF COURT SHOT before Juice did, lol.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, qwelish said:

What is up with the total zero coverage by the local media of UNLV hoops?

Too busy grabbing them by the VGK I guess. It will be hilarious when vgk is losing and tmobile is a ghost town. Not wishing them to be bad, I just want to see how that would play out.

They wouldn’t cover it very well anyway. They look like idiots for projecting unlv football as a bowl team.