Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

Menzies is on fire. 

Im not sure which shoe was the first to drop, but Toussant visited iowa yesterday. Not sure when or if Fuller visited TCU, but Pierre-Louis was in LV last weekend and committed before he left.

UNLV was in on all 3 guys, but once Pierre-Louis committed last week, that appears to be the first domino to fall.

So unless Fuller or Toussant told MM they were going elsewhere before Louis arrived, it seems MM got his choice of three guards. 

Based on how good the players are that MM and his staff have had time to scout, im expecting serious impact from a lot of the new guys for this year and next.

They gotta show it but im excited.

Oklahoma and Lon Kruger the favorite?

Both OU and UNLV have had their ENTIRE staff at Hill's home this month.

Raymond Brewer @raybrewer21

Clark 4-star recruit Jalen Hill will make his college decision Thursday afternoon in a ceremony at the school. He's narrowing in on a choice, but still undecided, says @ClarkHoops. UNLV is part of final-5. #sunstandout #702hshoops

Julius Kim @JKimElevate Sep 17

2019 wing Jalen Hill @Kbj_vi of @ClarkHoops & @LVProspects will announce his decision on Thursday (9/20) after school, a source tells @ElevateHoops. Down to Oklahoma, St. John’s, TCU, and UNLV

One trip to Norman and he will know that is NOT where he wants to be.  Basketball is completely ignored in Norman.  They play in an arena that looks like it was built in the 1970's and never upgraded, they don't even have luxury boxes.  I think they practice on an outdoor court at the park because I have never seen a basketball practice facility anywhere near the arena.  They like fat chick softball more than basketball here.   Quiet sleepy little town that likes Football.  Exactly where Lon Kruger belongs.

40 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

One trip to Norman and he will know that is NOT where he wants to be.  Basketball is completely ignored in Norman.  They play in an arena that looks like it was built in the 1970's and never upgraded, they don't even have luxury boxes.  I think they practice on an outdoor court at the park because I have never seen a basketball practice facility anywhere near the arena.  They like fat chick softball more than basketball here.   Quiet sleepy little town that likes Football.  Exactly where Lon Kruger belongs.

Kruger got our practice facility started.  He is also getting one built in Norman.  Didn't Blake Griffin donate millions of bucks to get that started a year or two ago?

On 9/19/2018 at 5:41 AM, NWRebel said:

Kruger got our practice facility started.  He is also getting one built in Norman.  Didn't Blake Griffin donate millions of bucks to get that started a year or two ago?

It was just completed. http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211769425

They have great facilities now. Sorry @RebelRobert it’s probably Oklahoma.

3 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

It was just completed. http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31000&ATCLID=211769425

They have great facilities now. Sorry @RebelRobert it’s probably Oklahoma.

That is what I think.  We will know in a few hours.  Everyone is predicting Oklahoma and I would be shocked if he went someplace else.

28 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Bummer. Headed to OU

You can't blame the kid.  Sometimes the allure of going away for school is just too strong.  And, don't forget if he doesn't play up to Kruger's defensive standards he may head back home.  I like Kruger so I have no qualms with this kid going to OU.

MFW when your two favorite teams fight over a player for your own state....

On a serious note, OU needs him more than UNLV so this isn't too much of a shock.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?