Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

On 9/3/2018 at 7:18 AM, ph90702 said:

You can’t blame the coaching staff on Moser’s injury.  No amount of training can prevent a freak injury

Thats fine, but some players work hard and return from injury and regain their spot. Moser cut bait as soon as he thought hed have to share playing time with guys like Roscoe, Birch, Wood and Kendrick.

So far werw not seeing the attitude issues with this staff. The guys that leave dont bad mouth Marvin. And not many leave.

8 hours ago, qwelish said:

Thats fine, but some players work hard and return from injury and regain their spot. Moser cut bait as soon as he thought hed have to share playing time with guys like Roscoe, Birch, Wood and Kendrick.

So far werw not seeing the attitude issues with this staff. The guys that leave dont bad mouth Marvin. And not many leave.

The only ones who left were Rice holdovers or guys who were brought in because no one else was available.  In my book, that counts as nobody leaving.

Joe Toussaint has UNLV in his final 4.

https://twitter.com/daves_joint/status/1037131256889323520

DmShYcGW4AAltYr.jpg

0 replies 9 retweets 25 likes

Loading seems to be taking a while.

Twitter may be over capacity or experiencing a momentary hiccup. Try again or visit Twitter Status for more information.

Promoted Tweet

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I never heard of any of these other schools in these final three or final four so the Rebs should have these guys locked up if Marv really wants them.

I think it’s a matter of recruiting them when there was more openings, and they’re being nice and including us in their final list.

Menzies is actively recruiting both Joe Toussaint and Josh Pierre-Louis. He will take the first to commit. Like I said earlier there will be two point guards in 2019 if one of them commits. Both are really good. I feel Joe is more of a pure pg. As a sophmore his team defeated a much more talented Cole Anthony lead team for the NY CHSAA AA Championship. 

https://youtu.be/IqB3ttEWylQ

1 hour ago, PrimeReb said:

Menzies is actively recruiting both Joe Toussaint and Josh Pierre-Louis. He will take the first to commit. 

Yep. I asked a while back if he might sign two frosh pgs.

Id rather have Pierre-Louis over Toussaint. Seems like a higher ceiling. But I wanted Cooper over Anderson, too. Im plenty happy with Ethan. Just seems like an Anderson/Toussaint backcourt would be smallish, knowing theyd end on the floor together at times.

Also, I think it means only one of Hill, Brown, Green will sign. MM probably wont sign two of them.

5 hours ago, qwelish said:

Yep. I asked a while back if he might sign two frosh pgs.

Id rather have Pierre-Louis over Toussaint. Seems like a higher ceiling. But I wanted Cooper over Anderson, too. Im plenty happy with Ethan. Just seems like an Anderson/Toussaint backcourt would be smallish, knowing theyd end on the floor together at times.

Also, I think it means only one of Hill, Brown, Green will sign. MM probably wont sign two of them.

I do agree on the possibility of two pg in the 2019 class. But I am on the fence as to whether Toussaint or Cooper or Pierre-Louis. Tough call IMO. But Toussaint has gotten bigger and is around 6'1" now and can really run a offense and score when needed. Tough kid and veru quick with the ball going left or right. He can shoot too!

https://youtu.be/ESA-pw_Cu5s  

I like how Ethan and Toussaint play with tenacity. Both seem like true pgs. Having two of those types of guys is a winning recipe. Fire plug guards.

Pierre-Louis has explosive leaping and finishing ability that great teams tend to have at the guard position. Not sure if he can run a team.

Joe Toussaint is a baller. Definitely knows how to run the floor and find space. Pass-first, gets in the paint with ease and always knows where everyone is. Very smooth game.

Looks like he committed to Iowa today though.

Pierre-Louis has some real potential. If he was about 3" taller at 6'4 you'd probably see him hitting the top 100 board. Excellent athleticism. Quick feet. Good motor. Though he is only 6'1 I think he could play some combo guard.

With the signing of Ethan Anderson I think Pierre-Louis makes more sense as a signing. Toussaint would probably be beat out by Anderson year 1 IMO. Anderson is very similar in style of play, but much bigger body and athletic. Pierre-Louis could play a little both 1 and 2 spots. His defense potential might be his biggest upside, but kid can shoot too.  Plus...who knows...Pierre-Louis looks like he has that Patrick McCaw type body where he could grow a few more inches next couple years.

Josh Green, Jalen Hill and Christian Brown tho. Would like to land any one of those guys in that order.

All is well, For Rice is gone.