Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

Am I the only one who prefers Joseph Cooper over Ethan Anderson? I know Anderson is the 4**** recruit, but from the clips ive seen, I like Coopers game and size more. 

I have not seen either in person, and im judging by a few clips. So there's that. Also, Anderson looks a lot thicker than his reported 165 lbs.

I wonder if they would sign two pg's in 2019?

1 hour ago, qwelish said:

Am I the only one who prefers Joseph Cooper over Ethan Anderson? I know Anderson is the 4**** recruit, but from the clips ive seen, I like Coopers game and size more. 

I have not seen either in person, and im judging by a few clips. So there's that. Also, Anderson looks a lot thicker than his reported 165 lbs.

I wonder if they would sign two pg's in 2019?

Anderson looks the part of a Rebel.  Mean as hell and wants to win.  You cross the street if you see him.  That is what we should be going for.  I see that kid and I am sold right away.  Don’t even know if he can dribble but the kid looks like a Rebel to me.  He is definitely not 165 and he will kick your a$$.

I like that Cooper kid too but he doesn’t look the part.  I want five mean looking Moses Scurry-Anderson Hunt-JR Rider looking Rebels!  LJ with a gold tooth.  mean.

Time to get back to the good old days of kicking everyone’s ass before during and after the game.  No more helping the other team up or backing down when you accidentally bump them.

Look and act like Rebels.

I choose Anderson.  Plus I like his name.

11 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Anybody know anything about Louis Bangai?  6’11” monster.

Guess he signed at some point and did a year at prep school?  Is he joining the team this year?

0849B6E7-E99C-4966-B383-4BA88C8C19B3.jpeg

I think PH had a thread on this guy.  PH will know.

On 5/16/2018 at 6:45 PM, RebelRobert said:

I want five mean looking Moses Scurry-Anderson Hunt-JR Rider looking Rebels!  LJ with a gold tooth.  mean.

Reggie Theus was hella man pretty. So theres that. 

I will take either Anderson or Cooper (not Anderson Cooper), or I will take both. (at which point we would have Anderson Cooper). 

Just give me ballers and size!

9 hours ago, ScarletGray_Everyday said:

McCoy didn't do well at the combine, he might not even get drafted. Has he already signed with an agent?

Yes he signed with an agent.

Hopefully he enjoys the Gatorade league.

Would have been a Top 5 draft pick if he came back one more year.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, RebelRobert said:

Anybody know anything about Louis Bangai?  6’11” monster.

Guess he signed at some point and did a year at prep school?  Is he joining the team this year?

0849B6E7-E99C-4966-B383-4BA88C8C19B3.jpeg

Bangai was a "silent commit" but it was generally assumed to be a walk-on, not a scholarship player (like Larry Bush and Jaylan Ballou coming in the previous year without scholarships).  After McCoy, Dembele, and Juiston committed as scholarship players, Bangai would have been even a longer shot for playing time than Coupet or Sljiv the next few years.

Bangai and Tyrone Nesby's son played "13th grade" at the same Pennsylvania prep school this past winter.  Neither has a UNLV offer, or a great deal of D1 interest.

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Yes he signed with an agent.

Hopefully he enjoys the Gatorade league.

Not even close to being accurate. Unless he somehow gained the athleticism and defensive prowess of Cheikh Mbacke Diong.

1 hour ago, BleedRebelRed said:

Bangai was a "silent commit" but it was generally assumed to be a walk-on, not a scholarship player (like Larry Bush and Jaylan Ballou coming in the previous year without scholarships).  After McCoy, Dembele, and Juiston committed as scholarship players, Bangai would have been even a longer shot for playing time than Coupet or Sljiv the next few years.

Bangai and Tyrone Nesby's son played "13th grade" at the same Pennsylvania prep school this past winter.  Neither has a UNLV offer, or a great deal of D1 interest.

Not what I heard. Bangai was more skilled than both Dembele and Mbacke in high school. But didn't have the grades to qualify because all his credits in Africa didn't transfer over and went to prep school in hopes that his grades and status improved. Also, the 5th year program Bangai attended was one of the top programs in the country and Bangai continued to improve. What is unknown with Bangai is his current academic status. However, this tweet from a couple days ago and from one of the coaches at his prep school might give a clue as to his status:

https://twitter.com/zsmart3/status/997296691211657216?s=20

SCS vs Hargrave game shows the challenge Louis Bangai creates. Long, changes shots, nose for the ball, runs the floor and finishes. Hustle heavy. UNLV is getting a goodie

9 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

Not what I heard. Bangai was more skilled than both Dembele and Mbacke in high school. But didn't have the grades to qualify because all his credits in Africa didn't transfer over and went to prep school in hopes that his grades and status improved. Also, the 5th year program Bangai attended was one of the top programs in the country and Bangai continued to improve. What is unknown with Bangai is his current academic status. However, this tweet from a couple days ago and from one of the coaches at his prep school might give a clue as to his status:

https://twitter.com/zsmart3/status/997296691211657216?s=20

SCS vs Hargrave game shows the challenge Louis Bangai creates. Long, changes shots, nose for the ball, runs the floor and finishes. Hustle heavy. UNLV is getting a goodie

I had read that UNLV coaches went to watch him in December and you have to wonder if he is going to be joining the team for this season.  Sounds like he will be!  Looks the part!

7 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

I had read that UNLV coaches went to watch him in December and you have to wonder if he is going to be joining the team for this season.  Sounds like he will be!

Nice find! Bangai put up impressive numbers at St. Paul in high school and was not a project as your video shows. I read he can also shoot the ball and it is apparent he can in the video of his work out. 

16 hours ago, ScarletGray_Everyday said:

McCoy didn't do well at the combine, he might not even get drafted. Has he already signed with an agent?

McCoy isn’t ready for the NBA?

-asked nobody who watched him play last year.

6 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

There is almost no way this would have happened. McCoy has significant issues with lateral quickness and is just too passive. He could have spent 3 more years at UNLV and not made an NBA roster.

10 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

McCoy isn’t ready for the NBA?

-asked nobody who watched him play last year.

There is almost no way this would have happened. McCoy has significant issues with lateral quickness and is just too passive. He could have spent 3 more years at UNLV and not made an NBA roster.

Mbacke Diong will have a better NBA career.  He’s the next Gorgui Dieng.

Going after guys like Brown and Bassey will be the norm going forward for Menzies.  2019 is the first class where he’s had time to really build relationships with the McDonald’s All-American types.  Brandon McCoy was a special case because Menzies had a relationship with the guardian.