Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

On 2/22/2018 at 7:53 PM, ph90702 said:

Hardy and Beck are good players.  They’ll be fine with time.  Diong will be really good as well.

Ding Dong is terrible.

Not D-1 material and nothing will change that.  He is horrible.  DING DONG!

13 hours ago, ph90702 said:

That’s why Rick Pitino made him a priority on the recruiting trail.

Rick Pitino can't even get a High School coaching job in Basketball.

He is the most disgraced coach in the history of the sport.

Please do not use Rick Pitino as an example of recruiting or college basketball talent.

Pitino is a thug who belongs in prison.

Ding Dong is a terrible TERRIBLE terrible basketball player who tries hard.  But he doesn't belong on the court.

25 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Rick Pitino can't even get a High School coaching job in Basketball.

He is the most disgraced coach in the history of the sport.

Please do not use Rick Pitino as an example of recruiting or college basketball talent.

Pitino is a thug who belongs in prison.

Ding Dong is a terrible TERRIBLE terrible basketball player who tries hard.  But he doesn't belong on the court.

Rick Pitino is a hall of fame coach.    I’ll trust his basketball acumen over yours.

57 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Rick Pitino is a hall of fame coach.    I’ll trust his basketball acumen over yours.

Rick Pitino is unemployed and should be in prison.  The guy is a crook and had no business ever working with STUDENT athletes.

I don't care if Tarkanian himself said that Ding Dong is a good player, it wouldn't make it so.  HE IS NOT GOOD.  Never will be good.

He is equivalent to Richard Robinson or Vince Booker or Paul Brozovich at UNLV.  Terrible Basketball Players!

DING DONG!

12 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Statistically, 3 of the Rebels 5 best lineups have Mooring, Clyburn and Diong in them.

The 2 top UNLV lineups this season have Diong playing at center. 

He is for real.

Put him in when it counts and you will LOSE.

UNLV plays studs when it matters.  DING DONG is for when we are up 30 and need someone to laugh at.

That he sees the court now is because of a lack of talent on the team.

Those who proclaim that this DING DONG bum is any sort of long term solution or that he will somehow improve are out of their minds.

He is terrible and will always be terrible.  When he is put in the game it is only for Menzies to remind the fans that we are in REBUILDING MODE.

DING DONG is not D-1 material.  He tries hard and hustles which I admire but I will also remind people that Bryan Emerzian was once a workhorse for UNLV also.

Ding Dong doesn't belong on the court.  When he is out there we all cringe and know he is a turnover waiting to happen.  When he shoots the ball we all throw up a little bit in our mouths.  DON'T F%CKIN SHOOT you Dummy!  He has no business being on the court.

DING DONG!  If he is in the game, we are in trouble.  RECRUIT MENZIES RECRUIT!!!

Clyburn may be a goner. Maybe another player too. Someone may give up a scholly or Walks on.

McCoy is going to stay. They have to win the tournament and win a couple in the NCAA for him to go. I think he's back.

I think the Staff will sign a PG. Probably go hard for Brandon Williams, miss and end up signing Jonathan Hicklin or a JC. 

Hope they sign Hicklin or Williams. They probably need both. Not sure about Hardy.

On 3/5/2018 at 11:59 AM, qwelish said:

Clyburn may be a goner. Maybe another player too. Someone may give up a scholly or Walks on.

McCoy is going to stay. They have to win the tournament and win a couple in the NCAA for him to go. I think he's back.

I think the Staff will sign a PG. Probably go hard for Brandon Williams, miss and end up signing Jonathan Hicklin or a JC. 

Hope they sign Hicklin or Williams. They probably need both. Not sure about Hardy.

Why would McCoy be staying. That's contrary to both everything I've heard and simple reason.

Speculation, guy. Its a messageboard.  Lighten up. He may go, but my guess is he does not know yet. But you do?

If its simple reason, then why has he not declared? His stock cannot be that high. Theres about 3 or 4 major mocks that dont have him in the 1st round.

He probably tests, then comes back. If im an NBA GM. I dont draft him in the 1st. 

Lots of players have declared already.

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

fwiw..

I still think he goes but I think he is much smarter than some of the other guys who have declared early from UNLV. If he doesn't know for sure he's going in the 1st round he won't go. I'm not sure he'll gamble unless he hears things that he'll be a top 20 pick. I think he enjoys the college game and I think he really needs to work on his hustle a little more, my fear if I'm an NBA team is he was lazy at time with all the hype in the world as a one and done so if that didn't motivate him more than what happens when he gets millions over a 4 year deal? 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

4 hours ago, just_chris said:

I think he really needs to work on his hustle a little more, my fear if I'm an NBA team is he was lazy

Bennett didnt do McCoy any favors either.

9 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Cant wait to see what Hamilton does in the MWC. Hope he makes the sort of impact McCoy did year one, but I know thats lofty.

Hamilton is a big SG, thick 6-5. Likes to get down hill and attack the defense.

Hoping Ntambwe comes in and establishes himself right away at SF. Also hope MM doesnt view him as PF only.  

Be nice to have McCoy back and much improved. Which would be scary, but the team is still solid without him.

Not sure if Woodbury plays much or redshirts, but I could see Ntambwe playing point forward at times with any combination of (Hamilton/Clyburn/Blair/Coupet/Green/Woodbury) on the wings.  

All of a sudden Menzies has a ton of 6-4 to 6-7 guys with experience that he can play. He could put some very big lineups on the floor.

22 minutes ago, qwelish said:

Bennett didnt do McCoy any favors either.

Cant wait to see what Hamilton does in the MWC. Hope he makes the sort of impact McCoy did year one, but I know thats lofty.

Hamilton is a big SG, thick 6-5. Likes to get down hill and attack the defense.

Hoping Ntambwe comes in and establishes himself right away at SF. Also hope MM doesnt view him as PF only.  

Be nice to have McCoy back and much improved. Which would be scary, but the team is still solid without him.

Not sure if Woodbury plays much or redshirts, but I could see Ntambwe playing point forward at times with any combination of (Hamilton/Clyburn/Blair/Coupet/Green/Woodbury) on the wings.  

All of a sudden Menzies has a ton of 6-4 to 6-7 guys with experience that he can play. He could put some very big lineups on the floor.

Blair won’t see the floor.  He didn’t get playing time at Idaho.  Coupet will be much improved if he put as much work into his game as he did at the tattoo parlor.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, qwelish said:

That seems to be the trend, at least in the MWC. SDSU won year after year with a non-traditional lineup of a bunch of 6-4 to 6-8 guys with length and athleticism. Reno just did the same thing. Our very traditionally constructed lineup got smashed, especially in the back court. You need guards with good size to win in this conference.

5 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

That seems to be the trend, at least in the MWC. SDSU won year after year with a non-traditional lineup of a bunch of 6-4 to 6-8 guys with length and athleticism. Reno just did the same thing. Our very traditionally constructed lineup got smashed, especially in the back court. You need guards with good size to win in this conference.

Hamilton is 6-5 and Woodbury is around 6-4.  We’re getting bigger in the backcourt.

"Our defense was not near what it should have been with the athleticism. But the athleticism is just that, its not talent until its educated and once you educate athleticism you have talent. And our guys will be much more talented next season."

Menzies said in his last interview a few days ago, "We want to be better. We will be better next year."

"We are still actively recruiting.... Were going to look to bring in a point guard."

"With the returning guys and their experience, and the new guys and their talent. I think were going to be able to ramp up the schedule a little bit."