Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

32 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

Looks like TCU won't have room for him.

Also looks like Shakur won't be coming here if this is the case.

Which sucks because Juiston is gonna be an absolute beast next season.

Rafus is a solid pickup if it happens. Not sure he produces much year 1. Hopefully he's in it for the long haul.

waddilove is saying that all four are coming here, mccoy, juiston, hardy, and the mystery shooter guy who he calls an 'assassin shooting the ball', so i'm not sure if that is rafus. he also said it is not a guess or an opinion regarding mccoy to unlv, but oregon is basically saying the same thing. this guy is going to lose some cred if all these guys go elsewhere. he did say mj walker is out.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

We just got a top 15 player after coming in last place in a one bid conference, yet we don't transcend the Mountain West.

Menzies pulled it off, have to give Marvin a hat tip on this one. It's a harder sell coming off a shitty season let's be honest but Menzies actually pulled it off.

Now with McCoy on board, this will make most forget the shitty season and on to the future. Let's hope Juiston and Hardy are to follow, I'm so glad I don't have to watch another season of UNLV junior college basketball, even though the kids DID try. 

There are some seriously butt-hurt grown ass man babies on twitter right now putting our boy down for his choice.  Sad...

Very happy for Marvin and me too. Hopefully this dominoes into some of the others committing, but McCoy, Jordan Johnson, Duane and Mooring should be pretty darn competitive. 

Now get that Hardy kid!  

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

There are some seriously butt-hurt grown ass man babies on twitter right now putting our boy down for his choice.  Sad...

Very happy for Marvin and me too. Hopefully this dominoes into some of the others committing, but McCoy, Jordan Johnson, Duane and Mooring should be pretty darn competitive. 

Now get that Hardy kid!  

Been saying it all year, Mooring would be 10 times more effective if he didn't have to be the main guy. He would be more deadly as the 6th man or the third/fourth option. 

3 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Been saying it all year, Mooring would be 10 times more effective if he didn't have to be the main guy. He would be more deadly as the 6th man or the third/fourth option. 

I heard you all last year and agree. He's the perfect 6th man on a really good team.

Congrats. This is a huge get for Menzies and company. Really want to see Rebel basketball back to competitiveness again. Last season was brutal to watch. 

Just now, toonkee said:

I heard you all last year and agree. He's the perfect 6th man on a really good team.

Also perfect for certain situations that call for a quick three or a clutch shot. The main reason why he missed some game winners is because he was worn down already carrying the team as the only scoring option.

Already excited for the season after last years debacle. New AD and new high profile recruits, things are looking up at UNLV. 

15 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

This is dead on, and now he will be a year older and able to fill that roll. It is crazy that the guy who carried our team all year may not even be a starter as a senior. That is a HUGE talent upgrade.

12 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Props to Waddilove. He called this when no one else was. He earned some serious cred with this.

good for him, and great for us! in his 'final 2017 recruiting article' he says hardy and juiston are also coming here, along with his 'mystery shooting guy'.

i hope it happens.