Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

I don't know if this was mentioned and it will be difficult this late in recruiting. But UNLV made the final list for 5 star McDonald's AA MJ Walker. I didn't even know Menzies was in the hunt.

MJ Walker lists UCLA, Florida State, Ohio State, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Kansas, UNLV. Versatile player who's having an impressive week.10:48 AM · Mar 28, 2017

53 minutes ago, PrimeReb said:

I don't know if this was mentioned and it will be difficult this late in recruiting. But UNLV made the final list for 5 star McDonald's AA MJ Walker. I didn't even know Menzies was in the hunt.

MJ Walker lists UCLA, Florida State, Ohio State, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Kansas, UNLV. Versatile player who's having an impressive week.10:48 AM · Mar 28, 2017

That's a misleading list.  Florida State and Georgia Tech have recruited him the longest, and they're not mentioned above.  He will likely land at one of those two schools.

On a side note, more proof of the UNLV brand.

That's the list MJ Walker gave to the media at the McDonalds AA game. Also he said he is no rush to commit and it could be May. I won't even give it a thought unless he takes an official to Vegas. Then it could get interesting. 

On 4/4/2017 at 9:45 AM, BleedRed702 said:

When is Mccoy supposed to announce?

Soon. Menzies and Co are waiting on him to commit so the domino effect begins. The staff has been recruiting their tails off but 

Brandon McCoy says he could announce as early as next Wednesday. Most likely end of month.

Said "It's between 1 or 2 schools. About 2 schools, yeah."

Some Spartan guy is claiming he went to HS in SD and has ties to people close to BM.

Said He's prob MSU commit. Others chime in and say that must mean Oregon guys are staying...he replies back and says UNLV was the #2 school.

Maybe him knowing UNLV is stronger than most assume gives this guy some credit...Everyone thinks its simply MSU and Oregon.

I seen McCoy lowkey at multiple UNLV games so I know it's gotta be somewhat serious.

Still will surprise me if we land him tho. That'd be insane. More impressive than any Rice recruit IMO.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

4 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

Brandon McCoy says he could announce as early as next Wednesday. Most likely end of month.

Said "It's between 1 or 2 schools. About 2 schools, yeah."

Some Spartan guy is claiming he went to HS in SD and has ties to people close to BM.

Said He's prob MSU commit. Others chime in and say that must mean Oregon guys are staying...he replies back and says UNLV was the #2 school.

Maybe him knowing UNLV is stronger than most assume gives this guy some credit...Everyone thinks its simply MSU and Oregon.

I seen McCoy lowkey at multiple UNLV games so I know it's gotta be somewhat serious.

Still will surprise me if we land him tho. That'd be insane. More impressive than any Rice recruit IMO.

Jeff Waddilove has him going to UNLV, and his knowledge of recruiting is pretty good.

Bridges is coming back to Michigan State (link).  This definitely helps our chances with McCoy and it is one of the things Waddilove said would be happening.  Bridges is a projected lottery pick, so leaving early is a no brainer, but maybe Waddilove might be in the know on this one.  McCoy would be a great pick up for UNLV.

Mccoy's latest inverview (yesterday) seemed to lean him going to a school that has some good players.  In his words "I want to play with great players" that might rule us out.  It was also interesting in the interview at the beginning he said he was going to announce Thursday but changed his mind.  The question is did he just plain change his mind on what day he was going to announce or change his mind on what school he was going to choose. All articles out there as of late dont even mention UNLV in the same breathe as Mccoy its all about Mich St. and Oregon being the 2 schools he is down to.

17 minutes ago, UNLVrebs said:

Mccoy's latest inverview (yesterday) seemed to lean him going to a school that has some good players.  In his words "I want to play with great players" that might rule us out.  It was also interesting in the interview at the beginning he said he was going to announce Thursday but changed his mind.  The question is did he just plain change his mind on what day he was going to announce or change his mind on what school he was going to choose. All articles out there as of late dont even mention UNLV in the same breathe as Mccoy its all about Mich St. and Oregon being the 2 schools he is down to.

Take those interviews with a grain if salt. They all say the same things.

In those interviews he also says he wants to be comfortable with the people and have another home environment. Ya gotta think Menzies would be in the lead in that department.

20 minutes ago, UNLVrebs said:

Waddilove will be proven right.

Don't get me wrong I want Mccoy to go to UNLV but it must be hard sell when he could go to a national championship team and get a lot more exposure.  If there is truth to the Mccoy/Walker deal then it would interesting and UNLV would be a good fit to bring both in. Especially seeing Walker added us as a contender.

27 minutes ago, UNLVrebs said:

Don't get me wrong I want Mccoy to go to UNLV but it must be hard sell when he could go to a national championship team and get a lot more exposure.  If there is truth to the Mccoy/Walker deal then it would interesting and UNLV would be a good fit to bring both in. Especially seeing Walker added us as a contender.

Oregon doesn't throw the ball into the post.  They're not going to change the offense to revolve around McCoy.

McCoy was thinking about committing to his choice this week, but now just says a decision will be made before the end of the month.

The more I see and hear from this kid makes me think this kid has some serious potential.

I think he has one goal in mind. That is the NBA. Also seems like being comfortable with staff might be his main priority for college decision. The more this goes on, the more I really do believe he ends up here.

UNLV has shown that it gets the exposure to get drafted and Menzies has shown he loves to utilize bigs the way McCoy loves to play.

This dude would open the flood gates and is likely a top 5 or 10 pick in next years draft.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/video-brandon-mccoy-1-on-1-with-michael-scotto/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss#NBA