Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

UNLV recruiting

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Lahit Thione will be ours as well.  He and Diong are best friends.

Lahat Thioune

I knew when we hired Menzies we would never be able to spell another human being's name correctly.

5 hours ago, LakersGM1 said:

Source? 

Thanks god thanks to my parents , flying star and#Flaprephoops .Thanks to all of the schools that have recruited me . Commit to #UNLV

C6BoHa7VMAAoHhm.jpg

1:57 PM - 3 Mar 2017
17 replies53 retweets107 likes

Retweet

54 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

He's a high major player as well.  Pitino wants him.

Pitino wanted him for the 2018 class since he's 16. Lot of good programs were after this guy, he has great potential. Excellent pickup by Menzies. 

This puts the Swede on the outs unless Menzies plans to redshirt Diong, which makes no sense if Diong passed on other programs for the opportunity to play right away at unlv. 

9 hours ago, Rosegreen said:

Pitino wanted him for the 2018 class since he's 16. Lot of good programs were after this guy, he has great potential. Excellent pickup by Menzies. 

This puts the Swede on the outs unless Menzies plans to redshirt Diong, which makes no sense if Diong passed on other programs for the opportunity to play right away at unlv. 

Sljivancanin is from Serbia.

50 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

You can tell that physical profile is impressive.  NBA potential with development.  Outside of San Diego State, nobody else in the conference is landing a big of this quality.

Pitt fans are phucking PISSED. :D

https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/diong-to-unlv.109200/

It was wishful thinking that we would get this guy. UNLV paid for him to go there and he bit. 'Ville would have done the same thing. Let's face it. That's how these programs get these recruits. 

So now we have no post player again. Unless there's some unknown JUCO guy out there that no one is in on, we're in bad shape for next year....again.

Yea, this would be a classic Jamie miss. He made losing recruits to teams in lesser conferences an artform. The fact that Stallings lost this kid to a team in the Mountain West is troubling to say the least. I mean the kid would have started from Day 1 in the ACC.....and we still have no legitimate starting center for next year.

Even some comments about Tark buying players. Lol gotta love it, Menzies going savage on these big programs recruits. 

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

From the video he looks like a high energy guy that can finish around the basket and play defense.  I'ts hard to believe he has been playing ball in the US for such a short time.  Looks like a lot of potential.

Mbacke Diong is now 6'11" and projected to end up 7'-7'1". What set him apart from most Bigs is his athletic ability. He can run the floor like a 6'6" wing and jumps out the gym. Elite level athlete with a solid skill set. Next up Brandon McCoy!

16 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

From the video he looks like a high energy guy that can finish around the basket and play defense.  I'ts hard to believe he has been playing ball in the US for such a short time.  Looks like a lot of potential.

and he can dunk! i like the 3 dunks of the opposing in bounds at about the 3:30 mark. also it will be nice to have a pg who can lob a few up to him, too.

he'll help dembele figure out how to do it, i saw him do it once a couple of games ago. then look out!

this kid has more energy than the video i saw of mccoy (but something else might have been going on that game...)

good for menzies for landing this guy, hopefully this will help break the ice for a few others now.