Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

30 years ago football was changed forever.

Every time a Boise State game is on TV my daughter asks me if the grass is sick. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Blue turf = gimmick. Gadget play team.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Greatest stealth cheating scandal of all time as BSU cleverly invented the all-blue uniforms therefore making their players COMPLETELY INVISIBLE and giving rise to a future college football juggernaut.

Genius.

At first glance I thought you were referring to BYU's national championship, but that was 32 years ago.  Carry on.

11 minutes ago, FSpoopypants said:

They just use that nasty rug to distract from how ugly the rest of the stadium is.

That's just it...to me, the blue and it's watery glare actually negatively highlights the bland, cold, piecemeal look of the concrete structure and those temp-permanent bleachers....the mock ups in green modernize the entire look IMO...there a few here that understand that green looks better...and going green would actually bring the program and the facility some renewed attention..."The Blue" really is old news. 

17 minutes ago, FSpoopypants said:

They just use that nasty rug to distract from how ugly the rest of the stadium is.

I tried finding a picture of Fresno's purina end zones but all the pictures online have BSU players celebrating on them. 

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I tried finding a picture of Fresno's purina end zones but all the pictures online have BSU players celebrating on them. 

Those are end zones..they're allowed to offend the football gods.

The blue rug exemplifies that Boise state is a glorified juco. 

That said, I know Boise is working to improve academics. The field should also represent that. 

1 hour ago, av-rated said:

That's just it...to me, the blue and it's watery glare actually negatively highlights the bland, cold, piecemeal look of the concrete structure and those temp-permanent bleachers....the mock ups in green modernize the entire look IMO...there a few here that understand that green looks better...and going green would actually bring the program and the facility some renewed attention..."The Blue" really is old news. 

Oh zip it, you old bat!

Even when they shared a conference with us during their humble FBS beginnings, Boise had the blue turf. 

hartsandlittlejohn-bsuvs.northtexasfootb

And here I thought playing lousy football and never managing to win anything important was the sort of thing that made people think "small time", "gimmicky", "juco", or "gadget" football.

It's good to learn that it isn't being mediocre to poor football programs that got you labeled that. It's your field! I smell butthurt.

Joking aside, the field is a part of our tradition and pageantry. It's not going anywhere. Every school has their "thing" that's a part of their tradition and background and is something that they're known for. This is ours. Sorry if folks don't like it but I've read WAAAAY to many articles with recruits talking about the unique blue field and how cool it is to think it's anything but an advantage and one of the things that gets the program instant recognition and builds awareness of our brand.

The blue was a great idea.  Marketing genius.  Right up there with the pet rock.

Has anyone noticed that the pet rock and mood ring knew when to go away.

Grow up Boise.  You've become a legit university with very admirable athletics.  Why do you still scream "JUCO" everytime you have a home game on TV?

I hope have more threads like this. I'm guessing there are at least 5 or 6 more threads discussing the blue turf when football season starts. It's always a fun topic. CSU and FSU fans seem to have the biggest problem with it, which makes me think that BSU should keep it for a thousand years.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The blue was a great idea.  Marketing genius.  Right up there with the pet rock.

Has anyone noticed that the pet rock and mood ring knew when to go away.

Grow up Boise.  You've become a legit university with very admirable athletics.  Why do you still scream "JUCO" everytime you have a home game on TV?

I would agree with but for one thing, recruits really like it.  In this era of flashy everything and being weird making something trendy a lot of kids seem to love it.  What is every little boys favorite color?  Blue.  Some kids grew up watching and became Boise fans simply because we play on a blue turf.  The top ranked DT we have ever signed posted pictures of him on social media wearing Bronco gear when he was like 5 years old.  He just thought a blue field was cool and had been a fan ever since.  The blue field is one of the nations most recognizable CFB icons and is a big part of the biggest G5 brand.

8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

30 years ago a gift was given to football fans around the country and BSU installed blue turf, adding a certain majesty to the sport.  You are welcome.

People complain that cats kill a lot of birds......Boise St. football is responsible for not only killing a lot of birds, but even the rarest in the area (orange crows and blue geese, usually). Making the birds think that the blue field is a lake to dive into for a bath is reprehensible. PETA is there all the time taking pictures of your bird crimes. 

But seriously, MWC fans have to make sure that they buy TV's that still have the option of turning off color and going to black and white. The newer blue is a little better for night games. The turf from 6 years ago had a terrible reflection from the lights. At least that stuff is gone. 

kat.jpg