Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CKS007

Would you want your team to go to a post-season tournament not named NCAA or NIT?

Now that there is a ton of post-season MBB tournaments out there, would you want your team to play in one?  From what I've seen in the past, teams with .500 winning percentages can get an invite.  There are pros (more practice time, etc.) and cons (pay to play?) to each tournament.  Would you want your team to play in a tournament not named NCAA or NIT?

Edit: ment post season not pre season.

image.gif

As Headbutt loves to remind us, you can't spell "Wyoming Cowboys" without "CBI". 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

CBI is fine. Better than nothing.

Yes. But we shouldn't put banners up saying we participated in it 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

CBI is fine. Better than nothing.

This probably is not the best standard to use if we wish to be considered a serious conference. I would suggest NCAA, NIT or nothing. Unless the G5 wanted to hold a conference for the best G5 schools remaining after the G5 NCAA bids are accepted

4 minutes ago, 1066 Devils Bridge said:

This probably is not the best standard to use if we wish to be considered a serious conference. I would suggest NCAA, NIT or nothing. Unless the G5 wanted to hold a conference for the best G5 schools remaining after the G5 NCAA bids are accepted

Why?, the PAC goes to the CBI. It's good practice. The team that we have with young players would benefit greatly from it. You're too concerned with the high school mentality of looking cool or whatever. Who cares.

kat.jpg

5 minutes ago, 1066 Devils Bridge said:

Colorado was in the CBI last year. Is the Pac 12 not a serious conference?

Just now, Nevada Convert said:

Why?, the PAC goes to the CBI. It's good practice. The team that we have with young players would benefit greatly from it. You're too concerned with the high school mentality of looking cool or whatever. Who cares.

Convert I truly believe that the "who cares" attitude is what brought us the past season in football and basketball. If you are not SDSU you should want no repeats of last year.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I don't know. I'm neutral.

CBI banners are equivalent to participation trophies and parents showing them off to other parents.  We would all be happy to play in it but really, we haven't accomplished anything.  Only put up a banner if you win the tournament.  Otherwise, nothing below a NIT bid should be put up.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Yes to any, even CIT.  Considering CSU's last year early exit from the NIT, we need to get more "tournament-tested" to learn lessons for the future.  Any invite we can get... but I can't see us getting an invite unless we put a late run together.