Warbow

RANKULATOR projects the field of 68

21 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You guys need to win the tourney. You'll never get in if you're at 85 right now. You have 4 games left with teams in the upper 200's, and only 1 in the 70's and 1 in the 90's. Win those 2 and you can make up some ground, but it won't be enough. The 4 near 300 rpi games won't help at all. You need to get into at least the 40's to even have a chance. Winning all the way to the championship game might get you in the 50's....maybe. But losing the championship game might even set you back a few spots. But if you win it, you're obviously in anyway.

Don't be like that. UH success in hoops helps the rest of us in the west to get the hell out of this POS conference.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, retrofade said:

Yes, I know this... but if you actually believe that Jurich made the call without Pitino's consent or counsel, then you're pretty damn clueless. This was a move to try and save future recruiting classes... nothing more and nothing less. Thinking that the head coach wouldn't be involved in that discussion is a pretty ignorant belief. 

So I'm clueless because you have no bearing of the actual situation, other than your own wild speculation.

I bet you thought the MWC coaches were counseled on the MWC cutting the teams in the tournament down to 8, huh? The outrage is just for them to save face, huh?

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Just now, BestintheWest said:

So I'm clueless because you have no bearing of the actual situation, other than your own wild speculation.

I bet you thought the MWC coaches were counseled on the MWC cutting the teams in the tournament down to 8, huh? The outrage is just for them to save face, huh?

Comparing a decision made by the conference in regards to the tournament, and an AD making a decision about a post-season ban are two entirely different things. I do have a pretty decent bearing on the situation, as it's been covered quite extensively out here by a number of different sources. 

Just now, retrofade said:

Comparing a decision made by the conference in regards to the tournament, and an AD making a decision about a post-season ban are two entirely different things. I do have a pretty decent bearing on the situation, as it's been covered quite extensively out here by a number of different sources. 

It's not. You think leaders have to counsel their coaches on everything? They probably should, but they don't.

Show me a source where people believe Pitino wanted postseason ban this year.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

22 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

You guys need to win the tourney. You'll never get in if you're at 85 right now. You have 4 games left with teams in the upper 200's, and only 1 in the 70's and 1 in the 90's. Win those 2 and you can make up some ground, but it won't be enough. The 4 near 300 rpi games won't help at all. You need to get into at least the 40's to even have a chance. Winning all the way to the championship game might get you in the 50's....maybe. But losing the championship game might even set you back a few spots. But if you win it, you're obviously in anyway.

Richie Schueler@RichieSchueler 4h4 hours ago

Word from the NCAA MBB Committee is that about 14 leagues could get multiple bids if don’t win conference tourney. Hawaii is on the list…

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

Oh and how does that crazy math work out?

IIRC, the BigLots has had two teams in the dance exactly once in the last 15 years or so. So they're all giddy with anticipation and let's not go ruining their fun.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 2/16/2016 at 3:03 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Oh and how does that crazy math work out?

Read Marcus' tweet. As lousy as the BigLots is, if Hawaii stumbles in the conference tourney prior to the title game, it's to the NIT they will surely go.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think that there's only one way for the conference to even have an outside chance of getting two teams in the tourney. One of Fresno/UNM/Boise as well as SDSU would have to win out, and then whichever of the teams that won out would have to beat SDSU in the tourney. Even if that were to happen, I still only see us as being a one-bid league. 

A Stever20 on one of the AAC sites put his Rankulator up on the 17th of the month. Considerable variance from Warbow. However Pig tells me only Warbow and the Pope are incapable of error.

1 Villanova BE
2 Kansas B12
3 Oklahoma
4 N Carolina ACC
5 Mich St
6 Xavier
8 Maryland
9 Iowa B10
10 Virginia
11 Miami
12 Duke
13 W Virginia
15 Dayton A10
16 Kentucky SEC
17 Purdue
18 Arizona P12
19 Oregon
20 Indiana
21 St Mary's
22 Wichita St MVC
23 Texas A&M
24 St Joseph's
25 Gonzaga WCC
26 Notre Dame
27 UConn
28 VCU
29 Iowa St
30 Utah
31 Valparaiso Horizon
32 Hawaii Big West
33 California
34 USC
35 Baylor
36 Cincy
37 Stony Brook AEC
38 Pittsburgh
39 Arlansas LR SBC
40 Colorado
41 Butler
42 Syracuse
43 Florida
44 Seton Hall
45 S Carolina
46 Monmouth MAAC
47 Yale Ivy
48 Chattanooga Southern
49 Texas
50 Princeton
51 Wisconsin
52 Akron MAC
53 St Bonaventure
54 Providence
55 BYU
57 UNC Wilmongton CAA
59 San Diego St MWC
60 South Dakota St Summit
68 SF Austin Southland
78 UAB CUSA
86 Temple AAC
101 New Mexico St WAC
134 Winthrop Big South
137 Tenn Tech OVC
151 Montana Big Sky
159 N Florida A-Sun
160 Wagner NEC
169 Bucknell Patriot
198 Hampton MEAC
207 Texas Southern SWAC

right now-
UConn 27
Cincy 36
Temple 86

getting in the tourney. Tulsa right now for me is the 7th team out.... Houston is actually higher in my computer.

On February 16, 2016 at 5:10 AM, Warbow said:

Richie Schueler@RichieSchueler 4h4 hours ago

Word from the NCAA MBB Committee is that about 14 leagues could get multiple bids if don’t win conference tourney. Hawaii is on the list…

I think you guys need to root for a school of 5000 people on the Jersey Shore because if Monmouth loses in the MAAC Tournament I don't see how the committee can keep them out, wins over Notre Dame, Georgetown, UCLA and USC. They did lose to Iona and Manhattan but they have a really good resume, will have 25 wins and a good RPI. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage