Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cgzpack

Mobsters and Monsters - Game Over Town Wins

1 minute ago, WYO1016 said:

I would propose if we do this again to set hard rules on time. i.e. Nights last 24 hours, discussion/nominations last 24 hours, lynch discussion/voting lasts 24 hours. (Or whatever times you come up with) That would make the game feel less hectic and I think would bring more players.

Agree. It was a real pain with a majority vote ending a phase and the constantly changing deadlines. Wrote this up - whatcha think?

Day Phase:

Day Phase will last from 8am pst to 8pm pst. Players can vote/unvote for any other player during the course of the phase. The player with the most votes at the deadline, provided the number of votes is a simple majority of remaining players, will be lynched. No majority or ties would result in no lynch.

Night Phase:

Night Phase will begin immediately following a lynch deadline. Players will have until 10pm each night to submit their night actions. Night Action results will be announced in the morning, immediately followed by the next game day. So you’d have 2 hours after lynch deadline to submit night actions and I’d have plenty of time to process the results.

Deadlines:

·      Lynch Vote – 8pm pst daily

·      Night Actions – 10pm pst daily

May be a little quick for some tastes. I personally am only on the board at work, so anything before 8:30 am MST and after 5:30 pm MST I would miss until the next morning. (Life is busy)

43 minutes ago, WYO1016 said:

May be a little quick for some tastes. I personally am only on the board at work, so anything before 8:30 am MST and after 5:30 pm MST I would miss until the next morning. (Life is busy)

Yeah I mainly use this at work. When I get home I can check it on my phone if I remember but many times I won't be on around the deadlines at that time but If others prefer a nighttime deadline that's fine.

bleh well will have to think about it - evening/night is by far best for me - day stuff (unless I process first thing in the morning) gets difficult as unlike most people that play this game (here and elsewhere), I play most when I'm not at work

I'm generally always here :P so I'm in. Although I'll be moving next week so I may not post as much.  Oh and @Jack Bauer sign up. 

What I found really difficult during the day was the majority could be reached for nomination or guilt while I was with a patient, and I would have no chance to even put my 2 cents worth in. And i didnt have a CHOICE as to whether or not to be online..I was literally stepping into the ladies room on that last day just to see what was going on, lol, and it was over before i could do anything about it. But I liked the ruleset, so I just wasn't going to play again. If it can be worked out to have a set deadline that ISNT during the work day i might. But I just don't have the option during the day, like some do, but choose not to be on, at night.  

But with that said, if It means there are more players in, I will try and figure out a way. So whatever works.

Count me in the group who can't check in much during the day.....work keeps me hopping

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

I'm generally always here :P so I'm in. Although I'll be moving next week so I may not post as much.  Oh and @Jack Bauer sign up. 

I have been so damn busy at work lately that I've hardly posted since college football ended.  flu season and whatnot.  

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

I have been so damn busy at work lately that I've hardly posted since college football ended.  flu season and whatnot.  

lame excuse

*tosses an orange at him*

say 'yes'

Just now, mysfit said:

lame excuse

*tosses an orange at him*

say 'yes'

Bah, ask Mug.  He will tell you I have not been posting or visiting the board much lately.

This is the time of year when I'm overwhelmingly busy at work.  So, I post a lot less.  

Let me know when you guys are doing it again, however.

What the actual +++++? You guys fit a game in. Whatever that @CV147 is it doesn't work with me.

I'm in for whatever next.

You may have the notifications option turned off....

@CV147

@CV147

@CV147

Wondered why you didn't show up, figured you would be a solid in.

ps. how do we feel about playing through weekends and having a weekend deadline? I'm for it

Mysfit was right. I guess they're defaulted to off, or I turned them off during a split personality.

38 minutes ago, cgzpack said:

@CV147

@CV147

@CV147

Wondered why you didn't show up, figured you would be a solid in.

ps. how do we feel about playing through weekends and having a weekend deadline? I'm for it

i'm for it...

Ok how about this

36 Hour Days and 12 Hour Nights = Lynch Votes at 9am, Night Action Deadlines at 9pm every other day.

Sample

Game starts on Monday @ 9pm

DAY 1

·      Lynch Deadline Wednesday 9am

·      Night Action Deadline Wednesday 9pm

Day 2

·      Lynch Deadline Friday 9am

·      Night Action Deadline Friday 9pm

Day 3

·      Lynch Deadline Sunday 9am

·      Night Action Deadline Sunday 9pm

Day 4

·      Lynch Deadline Tuesday 9am

Etcetera

This gives the day walkers an early morning vote and all day to send a night action, then, a day and a half after that to vote again. The night owls will adapt (cuz that's what we do).

Signup for Next game (time and roleset to be determined - looks like another round of Salem is in order)

1. Billy
  2. Warbow
  3. tspoke
  4. WYO1016
  5. Mysfit
  6. mugtang
  7. timmae
  8. CV147
  9. 4UNLV
  10. TheBigAwesome
  11. EFEXizBACK
  12. Jack Bauer
  13. Salinas?
  14. trl87

We can try that...switching back and forth may cause some confusion...if you could edit the title maybe to indicate the next deadline as we play that would help.