lakesbison

NDSU to MWC....wheres the Invite?

Laramie to Fargo is 800 miles, and thats the closest school.  The geography just doesn't work.  Unfortunately for ND their just to remote for the MW, and may be to remote for the Mid-American too.   IDK, a football only thing would be the only way it could even be possible with the MW. 

1 hour ago, lakesbison said:

Ok WHOS ready now?    Did you see the 20,000 NDSU fans on espn 2 game yesterday?    Do MWC teams even take 5000 fans to bowl games?

ndsu is 71-5 5 straight titles (no one has ever done that) with 10 nfl players, it's time for that invite and thee was a lot of talk after the game about it.

Dude you guys play in the pop warner division, I understand you guys have a great thing going but for real man.... move up 1st then we'll see what happens

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 1/2/2016 at 1:27 PM, fanhood said:

NDSU wil never be in the MW. You do not fit our footprint, do not bring TV viewership, and are currently an FCS program. Contrary to what many want to profess here, the MW is the 6th best conference in FBS football in some years. It would damage credibility to add an FCS program, even one that is prolific like NDSU.

Boise State had to go through the Big West then the WAC for a long time before getting into the MWC.  I remember the WAC board was appalled when Boise State first got into the WAC--with many in the WAC thinking they didn't belong and Karl Benson got them in because he was an alumni. (Possibly true, but he was also right)

Nevada also went the Big West-WAC-MWC route.  It took USU like 40something years to get in as well.

Join an FCS Starter Conference like Appalachian State, Georgia State, Old Dominion, Marshall, etc.  Or get the Big Sky to move up. 

6 hours ago, lakesbison said:

Ok WHOS ready now?    Did you see the 20,000 NDSU fans on espn 2 game yesterday?    Do MWC teams even take 5000 fans to bowl games?

ndsu is 71-5 5 straight titles (no one has ever done that) with 10 nfl players, it's time for that invite and thee was a lot of talk after the game about it.

Honest question.  Is there any legitimate momentum within the NDSU administration to compete at the 1-A level?  You and a few other message board posters are the only ones I have read that are discussing moving up as an option.  I don't see national writers talking about it.  Is the Forum even discussing it?  

The run has been great for NDSU and they have received a lot of national press (none about moving up that I have read) and deservedly so.  Have there been any feasibility studies on what it will do to the university or how expenses would be covered with the bump up?  What sports would be added for Title IX with the increase in football scholarships?

By the way, are there any plans for NDSU to upgrade their library?  That should be priority #1 for the administration in Fargo if they want to be considered a major regional university.  

anyone watching Senior Bowl Coverage on ESPN 2 and NFL network?

NDSU's QB Carson Wentz is the "belle of the ball"  he is being mock drafted at #2 overall, #4 and mainly TOP 10.  Has any MWC school had a kid go that high or seen this much hype on?

Also LT Joe Haeg ( 6 6 315) is projected 2nd round and the South Team is coached by NDSU alum Casey Bradley & Todd Wash.

Wentz has been on ESPN, YAHOO, NFL.com front pages in last 2 days, pretty much non stop on espn 2/nfl network.

Mountain West is missing the boat on exposure by not having NDSU in its conference.

9 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

NDSU's QB Carson Wentz is the "belle of the ball"  he is being mock drafted at #2 overall, #4 and mainly TOP 10.  Has any MWC school had a kid go that high or seen this much hype on?

Also LT Joe Haeg ( 6 6 315) is projected 2nd round and the South Team is coached by NDSU alum Casey Bradley & Todd Wash.

Wentz has been on ESPN, YAHOO, NFL.com front pages in last 2 days, pretty much non stop on espn 2/nfl network.

Mountain West is missing the boat on exposure by not having NDSU in its conference.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

40 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

SO no rebuttal?    mwc missing out on HUGE exposure by NOT having NDSU in its conference.

10 NFL players from NDSU & 1 NDSU NFL Head Coach.

This tweet below says it all.

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/status/692381956135358464

Here, call somebody who can help:

http://www.themwc.com/page/contact_us

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

52 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

SO no rebuttal?    mwc missing out on HUGE exposure by NOT having NDSU in its conference.

So, you haven't read the thread?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lakesbison said:

You wouldn't happen to be a circus clown by profession would you? I know, Fargo has the #2 overall ranked circus in the US. 

• Like 1

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, lakesbison said:

You might want to submit that graphic to Hustler for some dough. Major wack off material for the whole world. 

kat.jpg

4 hours ago, lakesbison said:

DAMN...When will we ever learn???

NOTE TO SELF:  Fargo, NoDak is the center of the college football universe.  

One-of-these-days we'll learn & hitch our wagon to D-1AA shooting start that is NoDak State U F'ball.

GO STATE...Beat wyo!!!

9 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Cmon man.. The MWC has had a ton of first rounders. We have like 9 players in the Super Bowl as well. 

It's more unusual when the MWC isn't in play during the first day.  I know Boise had two first round picks 2 or 3 years ago. (Martin, McLellan)

Learn the history of the conference you want to get into.  Call us when Wentz is the next Marshall Faulk or Ladanian Tomlinson. (Or even David Carr)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, lakesbison said:

USU has a potential first rounder in Kyler Fackrell. SDSU and BSU put loads of guys into the league. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.