lakesbison

NDSU to MWC....wheres the Invite?

5 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

ESPN was at NDSU today filming QB Carson Wentz potential #2 overall pick.

NFL Network will be at NDSU live on Thursday for Pro Day for Wentz & 6 6 320 OT Joe Haeg 2nd round pick potential.

Mountain West could be a part of this and probably another ESPN Gameday next year!

Guy, it ain't gonna happen. Just stop already. Last thing MWC needs is another mouth to feed. 

• Like 1

On March 15, 2016 at 1:10 PM, VandalPride97 said:

Hey, for the most part, the MWC has some pretty damn solid academic contributors.  I don't think it can be written off as solely an "athletic conference."

He's a Boise State fan, they don't know anything about quality academics.  Ask @Dogs4Me, he'll fill you in. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

36 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He's a Boise State fan, they don't know anything about quality academics.  Ask @Dogs4Me, he'll fill you in. 

@VandalPride97 made his point very clear by the use of "some" when he referenced the better academic institutions in the MWC. Given that he was trading with I4H, I'd bet the delayed response has to do with a lost dictionary, the only one in the bsu library.

• Like 1

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1 minute ago, Dogs4Me said:

@VandalPride97 made his point very clear by the use of "some" when he referenced the better academic institutions in the MWC. Given that he was trading with I4H, I'd bet the delayed response has to do with a lost dictionary, the only one in the bsu library.

They had forgotten they were using it as a door stop.

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

NDSU needs to hurry on this.  At some point we'll ditch Hair.  You have hope with that idiot in charge, but once he's gone there will be no more of this ridiculous talk.

You're Fighting Hawks need to put on a full court press.

I think NDSU and SDSU would be great additions to the MWC, along with Montana and Montana State. Add those 4 schools and split it into a East/West or North South Division and you have a pretty good Conference. Hawaii can go Independent and join the WCC for other sports, bring in Idaho.

6 hours ago, Headbutt said:

NDSU needs to hurry on this.  At some point we'll ditch Hair.  You have hope with that idiot in charge, but once he's gone there will be no more of this ridiculous talk.

You're Fighting Hawks need to put on a full court press.

UND = Fighting Hawks; NDSU = Bison or as my ND friends pronounce it Bizon

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

I think NDSU and SDSU would be great additions to the MWC, along with Montana and Montana State. Add those 4 schools and split it into a East/West or North South Division and you have a pretty good Conference. Hawaii can go Independent and join the WCC for other sports, bring in Idaho.

It would be one thing to absorb a single FCS program into the MWC and quite another to absorb four of them.  That's a non starter for the MWC in its current makeup.  It is a huge leap from FCS to FBS.  Yes NDSU has been incredibly successful for many years and reached the pinnacle of FCS football success over the past 5 years.  I believe they could make the leap to FBS but at what cost?  How much more money does the state, university and yes students pay to compete at this level?  What does FBS membership get you?  NDSU won't be playing for national championships likely ever again if they become FBS.  I could see if NDSU or any FCS school was being courted by the P5 but they are not.  Even then there are plenty of P5 programs that have virtually no shot at a national championship let alone a conference championship.  Few FBS athletic departments actually make money.  Please understand my point here.  FCS schools have every right to lobby to join the FBS and whatever conference they wish to join.  I just think you really have to ask yourself to what end?  Spending more to accomplish what exactly?  Is it all about revenue of the FBS vs the FCS?  Will that increased revenue offset the costs of facility upgrades, coaching and staff salary upgrades, scholarship and cost of attendance increases, recruiting upgrades......  The list goes on quite a bit.  Not to mention the landscape of the MWC today vs 3, 5, 10 years from now could be completely different.  I think virtually all top level FCS schools would jump at the chance to join the FBS if they could become a Boise State.  How many of these same schools, particularly those from low populated states that are not fertile FBS recruiting grounds (i.e. ND, SD, MT) would join the FBS if their athletics were to end up looking more like Wyoming, Utah State or heaven forbid Idaho?  I grew up in South Dakota and graduated from the University of Wyoming.  I love both places and wouldn't change where I am from or where I went to college even if I could,  That said I have some perspective about these places and the potential to succeed at the highest level of college athletics.  Yes my perspective is just my opinion and heck I could be wrong.  My experiences tell me that I am right.

1 hour ago, utgrizfan said:

That does not make a pretty good conference.  That makes a bloated bag of cold weather teams.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That does not make a pretty good conference.  That makes a bloated bag of cold weather teams.  

We have a dome.  72 degrees in the dead of winter.  Just sayin....

9 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

VP was surely talking Fresno when speaking of those better academic institutions.. Where else could a sheep phukker take a grad course on boxed wine?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VandalPride97 said:

We have a dome.  72 degrees in the dead of winter.  Just sayin....

A dome or a converted airplane hangar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

VP was surely talking Fresno when speaking of those better academic institutions.. Where else could a sheep phukker take a grad course on boxed wine?

Tell us more about trucking potatoes.

15 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I can't tailgate in your quonset hut, and your women will be wearing sweaters and jackets.  We already have enough of those schools.

C'mon ECA where's your vision for the future?  Global warming will have those girls tailgating in tank tops and shorts within just a few years!  Give or take a decade or two or three.....?

Just don't understand why Idaho wants to fight this.. The Big Sky is much more regional and they would be competitive right out the gate. Basketball team seems to be doing well.

Dying on the vine as an Indy just doesn't sound fun. And as far as I know, Idaho hasn't promised any major athletic upgrades to make them desirable. They're probably not on the top 5 MWC list.

4 hours ago, utgrizfan said:

That sounds horrific.  You should have all joined Idaho in the WAC and saved it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, WAC_FAN said:

That sounds horrific.  You should have all joined Idaho in the WAC and saved it.

Better to have stayed feet dry in the Big Sky than to go down with the SS WAC.