lakesbison

NDSU to MWC....wheres the Invite?

Don't worry NDSU, I'm certain that the Big Sky comish will grab you, S Dakota St and a few others to join the bigger Big Sky schools in his planned FCS conference.  Since the MWC and the MAC had no interest in your tiny state, that would be your only choice to move up.

image.gif

On 12/26/2015 at 11:08 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

The day we did would be a capitulation of being a top G5 conference.  But you are right, a Hairball could always happen.

Although Hairball hasn't yet waived a white flag regarding G5 permanence for the Molehill West, the fact adding UTEP and Rise was discussed at the last presidents meeting makes clear he's at least hired his own personal Betsy Ross so he has one ready when the time comes.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 minute ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Although Hairball hasn't yet waived a white flag regarding G5 permanence for the Molehill West, the fact adding UTEP and Rise was discussed at the last presidents meeting makes clear he's at least hired his own personal Betsy Ross so he has one ready when the time comes.

UTEP and Rice aren't FCS though.  Even though NDSU is better than them, there is a perception difference.  If an FCS school got called up to the MWC, I would be the first to petition Sterk to GTFO of the MWC.  It would be a death knell.

On 12/25/2015 at 1:54 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

MWC has never, and will never, take in a school directly from the FCS.  Once again, this is a moot conversation.

why the heck not?

I think NDSU has earned it, we arent your typical FCS program.  We travel better than most MWC teams already  just ask Colorado State when we brought 5000 and drank them out of beer by halftime.

MWC averaged 23,500 fans last year, (most teams had 15k in the stands MAYBE)  NDSU is a guaranteed 20,000 year in & year out and if they can expand into 25k itd be just fine.

6 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

why the heck not?

I think NDSU has earned it, we arent your typical FCS program.  We travel better than most MWC teams already  just ask Colorado State when we brought 5000 and drank them out of beer by halftime.

MWC averaged 23,500 fans last year, (most teams had 15k in the stands MAYBE)  NDSU is a guaranteed 20,000 year in & year out and if they can expand into 25k itd be just fine.

You guys will be in an FBS version of the Big Sky with Eastern Washington, Montana, Montana State, Southern Utah, Weber State, Idaho, and New Mexico State in a few years.

8 minutes ago, lakesbison said:

why the heck not?

Because it makes about as much sense as SDSU being a member of the Big East.  I think your ready for FBS but match better with the MAC geographically and culturally.

Nothing to really say here.....except GO MWC!!

7 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Yeah, it seems lakesbison has been banned from NDSU boards and, although once frequented wyonation, has since more or less stopped posting there when we pretty well ignored him.

Steve_Bison?!!?

• Like 2

There is some logic to a Big Sky move to a 15-team basketball conference ... by adding NDSU, SDak St & USDak in all sports

Eastern Washington
Idaho State
Montana
Montana State
North Dakota
Northern Arizona
Northern Colorado
Portland State
Sacramento State
Southern Utah
Weber State

Idaho (Non-FB)
Cal Poly (Football)
UC Davis (Football)
Binghamton (MGolf)
Hartford (MGolf)

They could split football into two 8-team divisions -- one FBS (for those that are ready to move up), and one FCS (for those that aren't)

The Big Sky would be one of the few conferences that could pull this off.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

5 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Plus, just think of all the desperate blubber-layered lasses that would even make you some tater tot hot dish the next morning!

I do dig some hot tot action.

Just now, Chile_Ute said:

I do dig some hot tot action.

Well then.  That Minneapolis market that NDSU just toooooootally own (I'm like super serial), you have an abundance of tater tots at your beck and call.  Plus, Mall of America!  NDSU also owns Chicago, Detroit, and Toronto!  Everyone is a hot dish making Bizin!