lakesbison

NDSU to MWC....wheres the Invite?

14 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Narwhal for commish.

Mike Bronson thinks you will change your tune when Mike Bronson commands that CSU play a real OOC basketball schedule.

• Like 1

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

2 hours ago, lakesbison said:

NDSU is still waiting for its invitation.  71-5 over last 5 years 4 straight fcs titles and hopefully 5th in 2 weeks.

NDSU 8-3 vs FBS teams, beating kansas st, colorado st, minnesota, iowa st , kansas.

NDSU only seats 19,000 (sold out last 5 years before the season started) but its amazing and loud & could expand to 22,500 (MWC averages 23,500)

NDSU has new $44 million basketball arena, basketball team been to back to back Big Dances.

NDSU deserves a MWC invite, Fargo flies to Denver/Salt Lake City couple times a week, make it happen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIqTcbDq088 Video of Football opening.... atmosphere beats ANY in MWC outside Boise St

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-UO8OlH84  NDSU on ESPN Gameday twice... whens last time MWC had them?

You left out the most important stat - your market it tiny, which means you add nothing in terms of TV revenue to the MW. That's all that matters these days.

14 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Will Mike Bronson officially acknowledge Boise's fluke losses and Harsin's record of 21-0-6?

Mike Bronson hopes to hear his appeal.  Should Harsin survive a trial by fire, the record will be adjusted, accordingly.  Should he lose the appeal, Mike Bronson will attaint him a witch, and Boise will forfeit blue turf, henceforth.  Mike Bronson is fair minded; you have been warned.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Interesting that you bring this up.  Rumor has it that the negotiations with Baylor are really the sticking point, school colors and all.  We'd go orange, but Okie State objected.  Serious, we'd be P5 if we could embrace Teal and Pink. :D

oh_hell_no.gif

• Like 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

11 hours ago, Mike Bronson said:

Mike Bronson thinks you will change your tune when Mike Bronson commands that CSU play a real OOC basketball schedule.

Good luck finding a RAM fan that would be opposed to that.

13 hours ago, lakesbison said:

NDSU is still waiting for its invitation.  71-5 over last 5 years 4 straight fcs titles and hopefully 5th in 2 weeks.

NDSU 8-3 vs FBS teams, beating kansas st, colorado st, minnesota, iowa st , kansas.

NDSU only seats 19,000 (sold out last 5 years before the season started) but its amazing and loud & could expand to 22,500 (MWC averages 23,500)

NDSU has new $44 million basketball arena, basketball team been to back to back Big Dances.

NDSU deserves a MWC invite, Fargo flies to Denver/Salt Lake City couple times a week, make it happen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIqTcbDq088 Video of Football opening.... atmosphere beats ANY in MWC outside Boise St

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u-UO8OlH84  NDSU on ESPN Gameday twice... whens last time MWC had them?

Invite is in the mail -_-

The World Needs More Cowboys!

12 hours ago, lakesbison said:

NDSU has 3 losing seasons in 60 years.  zero chance they "suck ass"  with 22 more scholly's we'll be poaching the fcs teams best 2-3 players in the area.  Small Market?  how is Fargo smaller than laramie? Fargo is at 165,000 and State of ND is 789,000 and 500,000 of them are NDSU fans, not to mention 50% of NDSU are Minnesota students... you gotta factor that in.

Fox Sports North would cover Minneapolis, Minnesota and all of North & South Dakota.  Plenty of exposure for the Mountain West.

Right Now NDSU football games are on Broadcast TV in Dakota's and Northern Minnesota...  are any MWC teams on Broadcast TV?

Using Laramie to defend your small market? 

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Interesting that you bring this up.  Rumor has it that the negotiations with Baylor are really the sticking point, school colors and all.  We'd go orange, but Okie State objected.  Serious, we'd be P5 if we could embrace Teal and Pink. :D

You believe you're not getting an invite because of your colors?  Seriously?

13 minutes ago, pokebball said:

You believe you're not getting an invite because of your colors?  Seriously?

Of course I'm not serious, jeeez.  Everybody knows that the reason we're not in the B1G is altitude.  School colors?  I can't believe you bought that.:lol:

19 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Your coaches and athletic office aren't Ram fans?

The head coach makes the schedule, and many would tell you that "No, he's not a RAM fan".

19 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Of course I'm not serious, jeeez.  Everybody knows that the reason we're not in the B1G is altitude.  School colors?  I can't believe you bought that.:lol:

I've always had a problem with your attitudes!

13 hours ago, mugtang said:

Nothing says Mountain West like Eastern North Dakota....

You betcha!

I have family in Minneapolis, including my closest cuz, who's a big sports fan. The number of times I've heard him mention NDSU = absolute zero.

Boom goes the dynamite.

16 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You betcha!

I have family in Minneapolis, including my closest cuz, who's a big sports fan. The number of times I've heard him mention NDSU = absolute zero.

Do they even know Ndsu exists?  I mean NDSU is nationally relevant and stuff. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The MWC has never invited schools from FCS. If the Bison are really that interested in joining our conference then the natural progression would be to try to join the Sun Belt as football-only. Dominate the Sun Belt for a few years and an invite may eventually come. A real football stadium would be helpful too. 

However, the Mid-American Conference is obviously the best fit for NDSU. The MAC would be a much improved conference if they added NDSU to the west division  and Marshall to the east. 

The MAC is a cesspool in run down areas, plus they know NDSU would outshine every one of them on field and academia. Plus we are a land grant school,not a directional.

mountain west has NDSU peer schools Colorado St, Air Force, Wyoming...

theres nothing left left for NDSU to prove at Fcs level.

NDSU helps the mountain west, you all never had ESPN GAMEDAY and we've had them twice! 

Tv tv market is 118 and you pick up Minnesota as well, 50% of NDSU is Minnesota students and alumni! ton of alumni in Colorado too