Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Sending off the old court in style!

Downtown fan fest tomorrow.  We getting a new court at the T&M so why not set this sucker up outside and have some slam dunk and 3 point contests?

I like it.  Are we talking fans playing in these contests, or just fans watching.  This should be a public sendoff, with just anybody off the street participating.  If that's the case, then major props to UNLV.

I like it.  Are we talking fans playing in these contests, or just fans watching.  This should be a public sendoff, with just anybody off the street participating.  If that's the case, then major props to UNLV.

That's a great idea however I think just the players will be on the court.

The event is not really being billed as a send-off for the old court but I figure its got to be one of the last times, if not the last time, it will be used.

Should be a fun event. Kinda sucks the main show won't be there. Derrick jones isnt participating because of an ankle sprain.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

When I read the title, hoped it was a SJSU fan posting...maybe next year they'll finally rid us all of the Soldiers of Sharta court. 

1374756_535436756533904_424035700_n.jpg

Not sure why they would ever get rid of it since it gives them a tremendous home court advantage.

Will the new court look the same?

I just heard they were getting one a few days ago as part of the T&M renovations and have not heard anything regarding the design.  I am crossing my fingers so hard that there is not a Vegas skyline graphic.

I heard it will have some similarities to the football field. 

I'm good with making it a bit more "Vegas".

Side note: Why isn't "Viva Las Vegas" a bigger part of UNLV.  I know the band plays it but Elvis frickin Presley did a song about our city and we get nothing out of it besides some weird f reno sucks chant or something.  We should play Viva Las Vegas during the fireworks and everybody should sing the viva Las Vegas part really loud at the end.