Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

4-Star PG Devearl Ramsey Commits to Nevada

Prepare your collective anuses!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Prepare this threads anus for it's move to the recruiting board.  :D

ETA: Ah, you beat me to it!  :rotflmfao:

Did that intentionally.  Posted in main forum, moved it immediately, left link to the post.   Admin rights for the WIN!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Unless I see a link confirming the validity of this I'm just going to go on the assumption that mug has created an imaginary commitment to lessen the pain of last Saturdays loss to the Rebs.

2016 PG Devearl Ramsey commits to Nevada

Ranked the 106 best player by scout kid is going to be really really good.

Chris Murray@MurrayRGJ 57m57 minutes ago

Devearl Ramsey's final grouping was USC, Pitt, UNLV and Michigan, so not a bad win at all for the Wolf Pack: http://on.rgj.com/1M7xyFJ 

This is what his brother said on Instagram
earl_ramseyMy Brother Devearl RAMSEY has committed to the University of NEVADA!
#WOLFPACK

To say I'm PROUD would be a huge Understatement.
There's a few things you learn When you're from where we're from. One thing is talent isn't the "surprise"., Making it out the hood with your talent is.

Another thing is that TRUST is something to take very serious. Because giving that to the wrong Ppl could ruin your life, in a society thats already built for you to fail.
That all tied in to this decision... Trust, faith, fight, development, determination, FAMILY... There wasn't a staff that worked harder for him. And there isn't a Staff that we trust more then UNR

UNR is going to be fighting for MW Championships... unless his Xs and Os are similar to Dave Rice. His recruiting sure does seem to be similar to Rices'. 

The guy was the runner up for the NBA coach of the year award in 2002.

He looks like a stud. Might be the first good hire for Reno in, what, a decade? :P

for basketball?  Yeah, easily.   

for basketball?  Yeah, easily.   

I remember Reno having a good all around sports program... they seem to have been ddown the last few years. Although, I assume you still have that Rifle thing going for you, right? 

I remember Reno having a good all around sports program... they seem to have been ddown the last few years. Although, I assume you still have that Rifle thing going for you, right? 

Yeah the rifle team is pretty good.  We had a really shitty AD for almost a decade.  When our current AD got here it was like he was walking into 2004, not 2013.  

Guest Cowboy Junky

The MWC looks like it has a chance to get back to pre-raid levels before BYU and Utah left. If UNM and UNLV can replace their turd coaches, it doesn't look like SDSU(knock on NCAA investigation wood) or Wyoming are going anywhere. With Boise's recent success and the rise of Nevada, we could be looking at one of the deepest MW basketball conferences in history.

Now if we could just figure out a way to punt SJSU into the Pacific, we would be set.

The MWC looks like it has a chance to get back to pre-raid levels before BYU and Utah left. If UNM and UNLV can replace their turd coaches, it doesn't look like SDSU(knock on NCAA investigation wood) or Wyoming are going anywhere. With Boise's recent success and the rise of Nevada, we could be looking at one of the deepest MW basketball conferences in history.

Now if we could just figure out a way to punt SJSU into the Pacific, we would be set.

I hope your right! I'd love to see us consistently get 4-5 teams in.

Guest Cowboy Junky

some one should post a clip of the kids highlights in here , I don't know how?

It's easy. Just do a Google youtube search with his name and basketball afterwards, ie.......Devearl Ramsey basketball.

Then go to the youtube link. Copy that and paste away.

Nevada being good again in MBB would really be great for the conference, they are definitely on an upward trajectory recruiting-wise. The only good thing about Hoser is that they can really only get better--it would be nearly impossible for them to be any worse then they've been the last two years. I bet Ramsey and Paris Austin have some epic PG battles in a couple years--they're basically the same size and similarly ranked coming out of HS.