Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoldenEagleAztec

Which team is dirtier?

Which team is dirtier?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. See images below.

I love this selective editing. It makes it look like Boysee had the ball and BYU was trying to take it away. BYU had it in possession on the ground WAY before the Boysee player came in late. 

And what a shot -- full force!

I love this zoobie justification.   It was justified!! 

One guy's going for the ball, the other one is going for his balls.

The Boise player came in late to grab the ball. No idea why he did, but he did.

I guess that justifies getting punched in the nuts...

Ha ha, that's a pretty lame attempt to justify a nut punch for a guy that was going after the football.

I love this zoobie justification.   It was justified!! 

One guy's going for the ball, the other one is going for his balls.

It wasn't justified, but context is important. The video going around the web doesn't show the Boysee player coming in later after the BYU player and ball were already down with full possession.  It makes it look like Boysee has possession and BYU was trying to get the ball.

It wasn't justified, but context is important. The video going around the web doesn't show the Boysee player coming in later after the BYU player and ball were already down with full possession.  It makes it look like Boysee has possession and BYU was trying to get the ball.

Context is important.  Sometimes I have to hit my nuts before I can open the package and get to them.  Maybe BYU wanted to loosen the nuts too. 

Isn't that from the 2002 game?

I think you're right.  My bad. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Context?  You're kidding right?    Nothing justifies what he got away with.  Nothing.

Yeah, it's interesting.. Anytime someone brings up facts, video, clear examples of poor sportsmanship and lack of action from an institution, somehow BYU is "the most popular" team and everyone is "obsessed" and everyone else is at fault..

I'm amazed at the lack of accountability from BYU and their fans from some of the sewage going on the last year from Provo.

BYU is using the Hilary Clinton approach to atrocious behavior:  Shoot the messenger, deflect, blame a conspiracy, pull victim card, repeat.

Not arguing that it met the definition of targeting because it was helmet to helmet, but that's a legally designed block - so yes, he intentionally hit him because that was his job on that play - his problem was he hit too high and also, I think,  he expected Tago to actually turn towards him; for some reason he wasn't.  Like some others have said, two years ago that wouldn't be a penalty, but now it is.  I know some Spartan fans disagree, but I fail to see intentional malice in that play, poor execution of a block - yes and it sucks that it took Tago out, he was having a great game.  And, he left #26 unblocked because that was the pulling guard's job, it's traditional inside out blocking.  

So you can read his mind??? Also, I mentioned that he just ran by another Spartan defender (#26) straight for Tago (#4). It looks like a deliberate dirty hit.

Does BYU use timeouts to design a play for a bench warmer of practically no use to the team go headhunting? Maybe they do idk

By all appearances that is exactly what AF did, and they got their money's worth.

#FootballFirstCountrySecond

12667677.jpeg

Does BYU use timeouts to design a play for a bench warmer of practically no use to the team go headhunting? Maybe they do idk

By all appearances that is exactly what AF did, and they got their money's worth.

I can see Howdy Doody doing something like that.  He's a hothead.

I don't think anyone cares who had the ball. Context is irrelevant when it comes to a punch in the nuts. (That would make a nice t-shirt.)

LOL at roswell trying to use context as justification.  Sounds like a wife beater trying to justify a black eye.  

Why not just come out and say, that was a shitty play and our guy should be suspended? That's the normal thing to say.

But when you've been trained to drink the blue kool aid and talk and act like a robot your whole life, the words and lack of discipline from BYU as an institution tend to cloud normal behavior.