Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueAg

4* Top 100 player Koby McEwen commits to USU

I'm not really sure how USU did it but Koby McEwen announced moments ago via Twitter that he has committed to Utah State.

He is a 4* player on Rivals, Scout, and ESPN and is also an ESPN top 100 player. He a 6'-4" Canadian SG that actually attends prep school in Utah. He had a number of P5 offers and his final 3 were Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and Utah State. Wake Forest had reported that Tim Duncan was brought in to be his host on his official visit there. All he did on his official visit at USU was witness the 12-9 snoozer of a football victory over Southern Utah. Apparently Duncan's personality must have been even more dry than that football game!

Congrats. He is a good player. I followed him during the Adidas Nation tournament, because he was teammates with Narain.

I think some of the MWC schools should recruit Canadian players more, as they seem to care less about conference affiliation, and arent wowed by high majors.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

You think that schools like Wyoming should just be able to schedule whoever they want?

+++++ no. I agree with you on this point. Not complying with schedule recommendations should cost tourney credit money. 

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

You think that schools like Wyoming should just be able to schedule whoever they want?

I think that schools in the conference should be able to schedule according to their talent level and according to where they are as a program. The simple fact is that SJSU should not be playing the same kind of schedule UNLV or SDSU are playing (with Dave Rice as the coach I'm not sure UNLV should be playing the schedule UNLV is playing, but that is another topic for another time). Forcing MWC teams to meet certain scheduling requirements would probably work out for the teams at the top of the league, but it would smother teams in the middle or at the bottom. Why would it not work for these other teams? Because it would force them to schedule games where they have a very small likelihood of success and would probably even lead to many of those schools getting blown out in the higher profile games. And don't give me some garbage about how if MWC teams scheduled tougher teams it would lead to better recruiting. Losing to, or getting blown out by, a better team is not going to help recruiting. SJSU could play Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Arizona, Gonzaga, and a whole fleet of other quality programs every year for the next ten years, but it wouldn't help their program at all because they would be getting crushed in every game.

All of the teams in the MWC should schedule in a way that helps their program move forward, but setting strict guidelines for all teams is an absolute joke because the teams in the conference are all in very different places. If you set the bar to challenge the teams at the top, the lower teams suffer. If you set the bar to challenge the middle or bottom of the conference it does nothing to challenge the teams at the top.

I think that schools in the conference should be able to schedule according to their talent level and according to where they are as a program. The simple fact is that SJSU should not be playing the same kind of schedule UNLV or SDSU are playing (with Dave Rice as the coach I'm not sure UNLV should be playing the schedule UNLV is playing, but that is another topic for another time). Forcing MWC teams to meet certain scheduling requirements would probably work out for the teams at the top of the league, but it would smother teams in the middle or at the bottom. Why would it not work for these other teams? Because it would force them to schedule games where they have a very small likelihood of success and would probably even lead to many of those schools getting blown out in the higher profile games. And don't give me some garbage about how if MWC teams scheduled tougher teams it would lead to better recruiting. Losing to, or getting blown out by, a better team is not going to help recruiting. SJSU could play Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UNC, Arizona, Gonzaga, and a whole fleet of other quality programs every year for the next ten years, but it wouldn't help their program at all because they would be getting crushed in every game.

All of the teams in the MWC should schedule in a way that helps their program move forward, but setting strict guidelines for all teams is an absolute joke because the teams in the conference are all in very different places. If you set the bar to challenge the teams at the top, the lower teams suffer. If you set the bar to challenge the middle or bottom of the conference it does nothing to challenge the teams at the top.

You have an absolute loser mentality.  You've proven that you're for letting the lesser teams ruin it for the better teams.  Two top fifty RPI teams, four top 100 RPI teams, and six top 150 RPI teams.  It's not that hard.

You got me. I'm a loser.

After San Jose State plays their two top fifty, four top 100, and six top 150 RPI games, I can care less what they do with the other seven games.  They could play seven "winnable" games, so your argument about smothering them is pure garbage.  Finally, San Jose State, or any team, can leave if they don't like my requirements.

After San Jose State plays their two top fifty, four top 100, and six top 150 RPI games, I can care less what they do with the other seven games.  They could play seven "winnable" games, so your argument about smothering them is pure garbage.  Finally, San Jose State, or any team, can leave if they don't like my requirements.

All hail ph! The high-lord of MWC basketball, the grand poobah of scheduling, and the unquestioned president of the Dave a rice fan club!

All hail ph! The high-lord of MWC basketball, the grand poobah of scheduling, and the unquestioned president of the Dave a rice fan club!

Your argument about not mandating non-conference scheduling is principally the same as saying thay somebody who smokes has the right to breathe their disgusting cigarette smoke in your face.  

Your argument about not mandating non-conference scheduling is principally the same as saying thay somebody who smokes has the right to breathe their disgusting cigarette smoke in your face.  

I would say it is more succinctly described as we shouldn't take advice from some dipshit on the internet.