Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Wyoming, UNLV, Fresno and Nevada offer lists Wyoming as favorite

Wouldn't get too worked up at the possibility of UNLV losing out on Peters, he is at best a back up plan in the event some others fall through.  

As for Obekpa, too each their own but this story from CBS Sports after his commitment raising questions about the arrangement.  The author though should have added that Minnesota and NC State stopped recruiting him after doing their due diligence.  

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25262218/chris-obekpa-unlv-marriage-a-curious-one-on-its-surface 

You don't know the kid personally.

I don't need to. I've never met any of the Kardashians, but I'm pretty sure they are all nuts. I've never met Kevin Hart, but I'm pretty sure he is a funny guy. I don't need to know someone to know something about them.

Here is what I know. Last year he requested, and received, a release to transfer. After deciding to come back he was suspended for St. John's tournament game for smoking weed. Then when St. John's brings in a coach that is set on cleaning up Lavin's lax, anything-goes culture and installing discipline he is out. Toss in the kernel by Ernie about other schools backing off after doing their due diligence and I know all I need to know.

I would think you of all people would be at least confused by this transfer because you have been the one continually trumpeting the fact that Rice has changed his recruiting so he only brings in high-character players. Obekpa is not a high-character player. But instead of looking at the facts objectively, you have taken a big swig of Dave Rice flavored Kool-Aide and convinced yourself that Dave Rice actually knows what he is doing.

I don't need to. I've never met any of the Kardashians, but I'm pretty sure they are all nuts. I've never met Kevin Hart, but I'm pretty sure he is a funny guy. I don't need to know someone to know something about them.

Here is what I know. Last year he requested, and received, a release to transfer. After deciding to come back he was suspended for St. John's tournament game for smoking weed. Then when St. John's brings in a coach that is set on cleaning up Lavin's lax, anything-goes culture and installing discipline he is out. Toss in the kernel by Ernie about other schools backing off after doing their due diligence and I know all I need to know.

I would think you of all people would be at least confused by this transfer because you have been the one continually trumpeting the fact that Rice has changed his recruiting so he only brings in high-character players. Obekpa is not a high-character player. But instead of looking at the facts objectively, you have taken a big swig of Dave Rice flavored Kool-Aide and convinced yourself that Dave Rice actually knows what he is doing.

They said that DeAndre Jordan was a problem at Texas A & M.  It's all about the situation.

They said that DeAndre Jordan was a problem at Texas A & M.  It's all about the situation.

Oh good. I'm glad he came to play for Rice then. I mean, I would be nervous if Rice had a track record for letting players and their parents walk all over him. If Rice did something like let the dad of a mediocre recruit pull the strings behind the scenes because he thought his son was NBA bound as a PG, only to have that recruit leave after one year then I would be nervous. Or if Rice didn't have enough backbone to stand up to his starting PG for being habitually late. If Rice had done any of that I would be really nervous. But since that was some other coach at some other school, we should be ok.

Oh good. I'm glad he came to play for Rice then. I mean, I would be nervous if Rice had a track record for letting players and their parents walk all over him. If Rice did something like let the dad of a mediocre recruit pull the strings behind the scenes because he thought his son was NBA bound as a PG, only to have that recruit leave after one year then I would be nervous. Or if Rice didn't have enough backbone to stand up to his starting PG for being habitually late. If Rice had done any of that I would be really nervous. But since that was some other coach at some other school, we should be ok.

You're retarded.  He booted Deville Smith from the team after the season was over.

You're retarded.  He booted Deville Smith from the team after the season was over.

I'm glad he finally had the nuts to do something after the dumpster fire that was the 2013-14 season. Although I have my doubts Rice did all that much seeing as how Deville pretty much just followed Schroyer to UT-Martin. But please, insult my intelligence again and offer nothing of substance to support your claims. Ever since you joined the Board it has been great practice for my debates with my second grader.

That is a bad miss for Wyoming.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Sucks to lose him. Thought we had a great shot at him. Sucks even worse to lose him to a school that we own in basketball. Own so much they won't even consider playing us anymore. At least we didn't lose him to a conference mate that would have been worse.

UNLV would win 100 out of 100 times in a recruiting battle with Wyoming if we were actually primarily recruiting him. there's no contest.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.