Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV recruiting

That’s a great commitment, Fresno was recruiting him for awhile but then went in a different direction.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

13 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Crystal Ball has him at 100% UNLV.

Grayson did announce his commitment to UNLV this morning.

Grayson is a TE who could also play LB (but was recruited primarily as a TE by UNLV).  Grayson had 9 offers including MWC schools SDSU, Fresno St, CSU, Wyoming, and New Mexico.

2 hours ago, 1IvyDog said:

That’s a great commitment, Fresno was recruiting him for awhile but then went in a different direction.

The real fight between the Bulldog and Rebel staffs is over Nick Dimitris.  The "experts" say Fresno St but we're still holding out hope.

4 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

The real fight between the Bulldog and Rebel staffs is over Nick Dimitris.  The "experts" say Fresno St but we're still holding out hope.

Although I see SDSU is making a late effort at Dimitris and offered him this week.

8 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

My guess is that Dimitris picks UNLV.  Behind the scenes, I feel like we’re pushing harder.

I just hope that Marcus Arroyo isn’t another Dave Rice.

Big day for UNLV recruiting.

ILB Marsel McDuffie out of TX committed to UNLV.  McDuffie's offer list included 12 schools, including Baylor, Georgia Tech, and Kansas.

CB Jakelyn Morgan out of TX committed to UNLV.  Morgan had offers from 22 schools, including Arizona and four MWC schools.  This is four DB commits for UNLV in the '21 class.

McDuffie.PNG

Morgan.PNG

Another big day for UNLV recruiting:

WR Aaron Holloway committed to UNLV, becoming Coach Arroyo's first local recruit.

The 247Sports "expert predictions" for DE Nick Dimitris began to shift heavily from Fresno St to UNLV ahead of his Saturday commitment.

UNLV is also consider the leader to commit S Jaylen Lane on Friday, a player who has offers from Houston, Kansas, and 5 MWC schools.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:55 PM, ph90702 said:

My guess is that Dimitris picks UNLV.  Behind the scenes, I feel like we’re pushing harder.

I just hope that Marcus Arroyo isn’t another Dave Rice.

I hope Dimitris realizes if he goes to UNLV he’s headed to a program that will be trying to overcome a chronic losing history. 
Its all great playing in a shiny new stadium, but that will get old fast for him  having losing seasons in front of few fans?

10 hours ago, Cincy said:

I hope Dimitris realizes if he goes to UNLV he’s headed to a program that will be trying to overcome a chronic losing history. 
Its all great playing in a shiny new stadium, but that will get old fast for him  having losing seasons in front of few fans?

Recruits don't care about the past.  They care about the future and getting to the NFL.  As an example, I bet that there are players on Alabama who had no clue who Paul "Bear" Bryant was until they arrived on campus.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Recruits don't care about the past.  They care about the future and getting to the NFL.  As an example, I bet that there are players on Alabama who had no clue who Paul "Bear" Bryant was until they arrived on campus.

Utter nonsense.

4 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

Dimitris is RAW. He is a tremendous athlete, but he needs development. He's only played organized football for a year. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

Would like to have him as a Bulldog...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

6 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

I'd like to have him too, but I'm keeping this in perspective.

Me too, don’t want the sour grapes persona...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

UNLV just landed the 4th of hopefully 5 commits this week.

Safety Jaylen Lane's had offers from 8 G5 schools and 1 P5.  With four '21 CBs already committed and some solid incoming '20 DBs the outlook is looking much better for the defensive secondary.

LaneCommit.jpg

DE Nick Dimitris will announce at 2pm today.

Now there are four 247Sports predictions on Dimitris, and all four are for UNLV. 

After consistently being at the bottom of the sack rankings for the past decade UNLV landed DE LeShaun Bell in the '20 class, and the addition of Dimitris in the '21 class could mean the sack numbers are finally going to improve.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nick-Dimitris-at-Sierra-Vista-236464/CurrentExpertPredictions/

2 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

DE Nick Dimitris will announce at 2pm today.

Now there are four 247Sports predictions on Dimitris, and all four are for UNLV. 

After consistently being at the bottom of the sack rankings for the past decade UNLV landed DE LeShaun Bell in the '20 class, and the addition of Dimitris in the '21 class could mean the sack numbers are finally going to improve.

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Nick-Dimitris-at-Sierra-Vista-236464/CurrentExpertPredictions/

Our pass rush has been embarrassingly bad.  Even with a more aggressive scheme under Skipper, it had a minor positive effect at best.