Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV recruiting

On 3/13/2018 at 2:13 PM, SharkTanked said:

Geez. We've had bad luck with injuries at the WR under Sanchez.

True - can't recall any season under Sanchez where the WR corps have not been reduced by serious injuries 

Guest RoscoesDad
5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

True - can't recall any season under Sanchez where the WR corps have not been reduced by serious injuries 

We got no worries at WR with Woods, Pressley, Tejchman, Trosclair and Collins along with Keys when he gets healthy maybe a few games into season or sooner.  If Armani figures out a way to get more accurate on short & intermediate passes, it's game over.  Add Lex and Williams and Tyreek and Hollandsworth into the mix and there is no reason why any team with that should not put up 40ppg in a mediocre conference.  Oh wait.  Barney Cotton will have us running up the middle 35+ plays per game, scratch that.

45 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

We got no worries at WR with Woods, Pressley, Tejchman, Trosclair and Collins along with Keys when he gets healthy maybe a few games into season or sooner.  If Armani figures out a way to get more accurate on short & intermediate passes, it's game over.  Add Lex and Williams and Tyreek and Hollandsworth into the mix and there is no reason why any team with that should not put up 40ppg in a mediocre conference.  Oh wait.  Barney Cotton will have us running up the middle 35+ plays per game, scratch that.

I agree the offense should be able to put up points and that the offense could be opened up some to utilize a decent stable of weapons 

Guest RoscoesDad
3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I agree the offense should be able to put up points and that the offense could be opened up some to utilize a decent stable of weapons 

I know.  Except we're going to run the same RPO up the middle 35+ times per game just like Cotton always does.  Sanchez wont make him change to get the ball out in space to our playmakers, even though that's what he is saying now. Not like Cotton is going to all of a sudden come up with new, creative plays after 30+ years of calling power dives all game long. All Sanchez does is talk about this that and the other thing, but he never actually does anything about it.  Just like he talks about the defense needing to be more aggressive....we all knew that last year and he did noting about it all year.  Tony needs to stop talking about things that he's never going to do.  Or perhaps he can just quit talking and do it. 

On 3/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, RoscoesDad said:

And........Sanchez is our coach so that's another reason. Calling the conference mediocre, you act like we are good but we are run like a D3 program with a HC that doesn't know what he is doing, in way over his head and should have been fired already. We are one of the worst D1 football programs I have ever seen, with a well-below-average HC. Until we remove him we won't be any better. He doesn't even know how to recruit (look at recruiting ranking in MW) and runs the program like a HS and he also doesn't know how to effectively communicate and hype up a program, all he knows is how to bring in money, which is sad any decent COLLEGE coach can do that. We are TERRIBLE and won't get better until we #FireTonySanchez. To re-emphasize the point: we are run like a D3 program!

On 3/20/2018 at 6:23 PM, RoscoesDad said:

I know.  Except we're going to run the same RPO up the middle 35+ times per game just like Cotton always does.  Sanchez wont make him change to get the ball out in space to our playmakers, even though that's what he is saying now. Not like Cotton is going to all of a sudden come up with new, creative plays after 30+ years of calling power dives all game long. All Sanchez does is talk about this that and the other thing, but he never actually does anything about it.  Just like he talks about the defense needing to be more aggressive....we all knew that last year and he did noting about it all year.  Tony needs to stop talking about things that he's never going to do.  Or perhaps he can just quit talking and do it. 

He'll get fired before he does it. He won't change, he doesn't know the college game at all.

Guest RoscoesDad
43 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

good local pick up. 

It just takes a few big local recruits to break the seal.  If UNLV is able to lock down a decent # of the best local recruits, we'll be getting used to 9 and 10 win seasons.  Oblad is the real deal.  He will be starting in 2019 if not sooner.  

3 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

It just takes a few big local recruits to break the seal.  If UNLV is able to lock down a decent # of the best local recruits, we'll be getting used to 9 and 10 win seasons.  Oblad is the real deal.  He will be starting in 2019 if not sooner.  

I’ve heard that as well. Can’t wait to see him. 

Guest RoscoesDad
46 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

I've heard Oblad has been crushing it in spring practices, but he isn't anywhere near 6' 7".  I think he is more like 6, 1" or 6' 2".  Maybe he just looks that tall standing next to Lex. :lol:

I'm going to guess it was either a typo about Oblad who is maybe 6'2 in spikes or perhaps another QB at another program that he's close with.  

Armani is a big talent but he has no touch and from what I've seen, he doesn't have the ability to make quality short-range throws and move the sticks.  Big explosive plays yes.  Moving the sticks-not.  I am just going to say that things might get interesting in fall camp and am curious how it plays out.  I am not sold on Armani's progress and I sort of get the feeling we have already seen his ceiling.  The kid should be killing it right now, his 3rd year of camp.  He should be dominating.  

3 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

I'm going to guess it was either a typo about Oblad who is maybe 6'2 in spikes or perhaps another QB at another program that he's close with.  

Armani is a big talent but he has no touch and from what I've seen, he doesn't have the ability to make quality short-range throws and move the sticks.  Big explosive plays yes.  Moving the sticks-not.  I am just going to say that things might get interesting in fall camp and am curious how it plays out.  I am not sold on Armani's progress and I sort of get the feeling we have already seen his ceiling.  The kid should be killing it right now, his 3rd year of camp.  He should be dominating.  

I think you are right about Rogers. Supremely athletic with a strong arm, but doesn’t have the touch or finesse to be a good QB. Plus, he is much to eager to pull the ball down and try to make a play with his legs.