Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV recruiting

He wasn't being sarcastic. He's a typical unlv high football fan. No clue and Sanchez is the bestest ever. 

Nice try John Hinckley Jr. 

Just don't go shoot Obama because Sanchez won't give you the sweat off his balls. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Not sure what will happen first. Unlv hoops wins a mw title or 1 unlv fan gets a clue and realizes they have a high school coach who knows a guy with money.  

Lets make it a 3-pronged scenario of what will happen first?

UNLV wins a title in hoops, UNLV fan gets a clue and realizes they hired a H.S coach, or you lose your virginity.

I'm going to go with the first two.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

He wasn't being sarcastic. He's a typical unlv high football fan. No clue and Sanchez is the bestest ever. 

it is becoming painfully obvious that reading comprehension, critical thinking, and deductive reasoning are not your strong suit. While I have questions about why you would choose to interact with others on a message board-a medium so reliant on skills you have in very short supply-I'll save those questions for another day and try to break this down for you.

First, nobody said that Hauck waited until everyone else was done to do ALL of his recruiting. In order to fill a recruiting class of approximatly 20 players he would certainly have to meet with players earlier than that. What Hauck didn't do, however, was secure commitments early. For example, look at his 2014 class (https://rivals.yahoo.com/unlv/football/recruiting/commitments/2014). His earliest commit for that class came in September. SEPTEMBER. His next two commits came in November. That means that when December rolled around he had three commits. THREE. 

As a follow up to that point, it is well known that Hauck landed some of his most talented players by waiting until later in the recruiting cycle and picking up kids that were recruited over by other programs.

So here is a quick summary of this point for you. Hauck secured nearly all of his commitments at the end of the recruiting cycle and picked up his best players by picking off kids that were recruited over by other programs. If that doesn't count as waiting for leftovers I would really like to see what does. But since you are the obvious expert on all things football I'm sure you can provide us with objectively verifiable data to demonstrate otherwise.

Second point, nobody is saying Sanchez is the bestest. I have a TON of other guys I'd rather have as a head coach, and I would imagine all other UNLV fans feel the same way. The excitement about Sanchez comes from the fact that, at least at this early stage, he seems to be a big improvement over the two previous dumpster fires we had. Is this a low bar? Sure. But this is something you should understand all to well. I'd imagine that it is probably similar to the sales pitch you give women after they are inebriated beyond the ability to think straight after a long night at the bar trying to drink away their self loathing. I'd imagine it goes something like this, "listen sweetheart. I'm not working with much down south and I can only guarantee I'll last a minute or two, but if you come back to my double wide and don't barf from the smell of stale tapioca pudding and empty mayonnaise jars I feel pretty confident that there is a slight chance that minute or two will be more enjoyable than staggering home alone and possibly getting taken advantage of by some homeless vagabond."

Do you spend enough time following UNLV football that it would count as a part-time job, or is it just a compulsive hobby? You are obviously the MWCboard expert on UNLV football, so I just want to see how much time I need to invest to get on your level.

no worries brah, that's his MO, he likes to jump into a fight after the damage already has been done to the other guy. Or look for the smallest guy during a gang fight. That's his style....

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Sanchez makes year-round effort in recruiting

For many years and under many coaches, the UNLV football calendar has been split into three distinct parts — the season itself, spring football and the two months of the recruiting period leading up to signing day.

The lines are more blurred under new coach Tony Sanchez, at least when it comes to recruiting. He doesn't limit the recruiting season to early December to early February.

For him, it's a year-round effort, and there is no surer sign that times are different at UNLV than the drip of commitments that continues to flow in.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/football/sanchez-makes-year-round-effort-recruiting 

Tony Sanchez's first commitment academically ineligible to play at UNLV

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/football/tony-sanchezs-first-commitment-academically-ineligible-play-unlv

"I'm going to play at a junior college, and hopefully I will get a scholarship better than UNLV," Johnson said. "If not, I will go back to UNLV."

What an ass. Hope Sanchez doesn't re-offer.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/football/tony-sanchezs-first-commitment-academically-ineligible-play-unlv

"I'm going to play at a junior college, and hopefully I will get a scholarship better than UNLV," Johnson said. "If not, I will go back to UNLV."

Yeesh! That is something you think but don't say.

LOLLOLOL.

The balls on the kid.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Yeesh! That is something you think but don't say.

Well considering he couldn't qualify academically...he's not the brightest crayon in the box.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

This might be my favorite recruiting quote of all time.

Not specifically laughing AT UNLV in this instance (though I can't in good conscience say I'm laughing 100% WITH them with a quote like that) but more laughing AT this particular kid.

I mean...DUDE...

Can I get somebody to hook me up with a Ron Burgundy style "you should probably stop talking for a while now Champ" picture for this occasion?

this came across my timeline, i know nothing about this kid except 6'3" 235 lbs, senior tight end.  apparently he liked what he saw from sanchez/unlv last night. more to come? (pics because of the vegas stuff. maybe it's working, lol)

Gio Fauolo @Gdollaz44 3h3 hours ago

Blessed to say I'm committed to UNLV ? after talking it over with family this is the place for me. ♦️♠️

Embedded image permalink

Giovannni Fauolo, a tight end at Freedom High School in Oakley, Calif., tweeted that he committed to play football at UNLV.

Fauolo (6 feet 3 inches, 235 pounds) also reportedly received a scholarship offer from Washington State.

He is a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.com.

Fauolo is the ninth member of the Rebels' 2016 recruiting class.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/columns-blogs/sports/unlv-rebels/unlv-picks-commitment-tight-end 

tony is out recruiting this weekend...

Richard Lagow @RichardLagow 1h1 hour ago

Extremely blessed to receiver an offer this afternoon from the UNLV Rebels! God is good??#GoRebs #NewEra ♦️?

UConn to OK St to Cisco College.  Tall at 6.5.  Looks like he has a visit scheduled for Dec. 4th.  We need better depth at that position.

UConn to OK St to Cisco College.  Tall at 6.5.  Looks like he has a visit scheduled for Dec. 4th.  We need better depth at that position.

ok, i would LOVE to see this kid here...he's certainly not afraid to throw the ball down the field, and has a quick release on the short routes...

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/586266/highlights/280697406/v2

and while he's at it, maybe tony can pick up that receiver, also...