UNLV2001

UNLV recruiting

This thread is for UNLV - rather than sifting thu a generic recruiting thread

Offensive lineman Matt Brayton attended one of UNLV football coach Tony Sanchez’s camps Sunday and came away impressed.

He committed to the Rebels on Wednesday.

“I think I can see myself there the next four years,” said Brayton, who will be a senior at Bishop Amat High School in La Puente, Calif. “The whole coaching staff made me feel welcome and part of the team already.”

Brayton (6 feet 4 inches, 295 pounds) chose the Rebels over New Mexico and Montana State.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/football/california-high-school-offensive-lineman-commits-unlv

New Mexico and Montana ... Lol

great start.

New Mexico and Montana ... Lol

great start.

Two teams better than Hawai'i.

• Like 1

Newest Vegas verbal has an offer from Weber State and was swayed by a billboard from attending Nevada's camp! Dirty Sanchez is amazing!

Wide receiver chooses UNLV over UNR

UNLV picked up its fifth football recruit for the 2016 class, landing wide receiver C.J. Harris of East Valley High School in Redlands, Calif.

Harris (6 feet 1 inch, 185 pounds) posted his commitment on Twitter. He reportedly chose the Rebels over UNR, according to the San Bernardino (Calif.) Sun.

Harris caught 58 passes for 862 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/unlv-rebels/football/wide-receiver-chooses-unlv-over-unr

3-star WR Marquis Wimberly committed to UNLV today

http://247sports.com/Player/Marquis-Wimberly-31845

First-year UNLV coach Tony Sanchez is securing commitments early in the recruiting process, a common practice among most college programs — just not at UNLV until Sanchez took over. He is the sixth prospect and second wide receiver for 2016 to commit to the Rebels. The other four recruits are linemen.

“I believe in coach Sanchez,” Wimberly said. “He’s a legendary high school coach who knows nothing other than winning.”

--http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jul/17/unlv-football-scores-another-recruit-lands-commimt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

3-star WR Marquis Wimberly committed to UNLV today

http://247sports.com/Player/Marquis-Wimberly-31845

First-year UNLV coach Tony Sanchez is securing commitments early in the recruiting process, a common practice among most college programs — just not at UNLV until Sanchez took over. He is the sixth prospect and second wide receiver for 2016 to commit to the Rebels. The other four recruits are linemen.

“I believe in coach Sanchez,” Wimberly said. “He’s a legendary high school coach who knows nothing other than winning.”

--http://lasvegassun.com/news/2015/jul/17/unlv-football-scores-another-recruit-lands-commimt/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Very nice pick up! One of the things that I'm most excited about with Sanchez is that he is being proactive and going after guys instead of waiting for the leftovers like Hauck did.

• Like 1

Very nice pick up! One of the things that I'm most excited about with Sanchez is that he is being proactive and going after guys instead of waiting for the leftovers like Hauck did.

too stupid for words. 

too stupid for words. 

Good to see you're still obsessed with UNLV football. Will you be buying season tickets this year?

Good to see you're still obsessed with UNLV football. Will you be buying season tickets this year?

Explain again to everyone how Hauck didn't do any recruiting untill after other schools were done.  What a joke. 

If unlv high had a real coach they would win 6 games this year. 

Explain again to everyone how Hauck didn't do any recruiting untill after other schools were done.  What a joke. 

With all the Senior turnover and tough schedule? No f*ckin way.

Do you spend enough time following UNLV football that it would count as a part-time job, or is it just a compulsive hobby? You are obviously the MWCboard expert on UNLV football, so I just want to see how much time I need to invest to get on your level.

Do you spend enough time following UNLV football that it would count as a part-time job, or is it just a compulsive hobby? You are obviously the MWCboard expert on UNLV football, so I just want to see how much time I need to invest to get on your level.

You shouldn't talk football. 

Hauck always kept his recruiting very tight to his chest, so you would rarely see many recruiting services like Rivals, Scout, 247, etc list UNLV has an offer to many recruits until they actually publicly committed to UNLV. Another thing was Hauck's commitments always came very late in the signing period. Like you wouldn't hear a peep about a recruit commiting to UNLV FB until around signing day. He never had commits anywhere near as early as February, May, June, etc in the recruiting period like we've already seen with Sanchez.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

Hauck always kept his recruiting very tight to his chest, so you would rarely see many recruiting services like Rivals, Scout, 247, etc list UNLV has an offer to many recruits until they actually publicly committed to UNLV. Another thing was Hauck's commitments always came very late in the signing period. Like you wouldn't hear a peep about a recruit commiting to UNLV FB until around signing day. He never had commits anywhere near as early as February, May, June, etc in the recruiting period like we've already seen with Sanchez.

http://247sports.com/Season/2016-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=M-West

Please continue to give the Boise dope facts, they only make his comments on UNLV that much more entertaining. His obsession with UNLV is way beyond stalker mode. He should probably be on some FBI list somewhere. 

Rebel fans are cute. Can't wait for 1 rebel fan to have a clue about football.  

This latest rebel thought that Hauck didnt recruit players till all other schools were done recruiting is the funniest shit I've seen on this board. 

Rebel fans are cute. Can't wait for 1 rebel fan to have a clue about football.  

This latest rebel thought that Hauck didnt recruit players till all other schools were done recruiting is the funniest shit I've seen on this board. 

Obviously he wasn't serious with that comment, it's called sarcasm.