Warbow

MWC has created an uneven playing field

I don't know who is more stupider, your schools presidents for agreeing to this or you fans who brought into it.

I have no doubt in my mind the AAC will become a better conference because they refused the Boise threat and treats all their members fairly. The power conferences were all build on fairness for all their members. Each member has the same chances as anyone else in their conference. They have the correct blueprint on how to get it done. The MWC not so much as they are hanging themselves just to survive.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

When you start talking about a partial member having to pay dues equal to what a full member pays you know the conference created a real shyte sandwich. Luckily most of us will only have to take a bite out of it every few seasons..except Hawaii, they get a bite every year. 

​You need to bone up on your facts Warbow.  When coach Pete left he took most of his assistants with him.  So no, we had to replace nearly every one of them.  Also, when HC Bryan Harsin was hired as Boise State's new coach in 2014 his salary ranked 72nd in the nation.  At the time his $1M salary was third among Mountain West coaches. Fresno State coach Tim DeRuyter was first with a $ 1.4 M salary and Colorado State coach Jim McElwain was second with $1.35 M.

​Not so much the head coaches salaries, it's the quality asst coaches salaries that Boise is allowed to maintain. Check the stats on that and come back. Compare the whole football STAFF.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

travel subs or no, they should at least be allowed to cash in on the bonus deal.

​Not unless they give up their $2.3 million TV deal they have for themselves.    

So I guess that is the way for Hawaii to not have travel subs.   Hawaii's TV deal gets added in the MW TV deal and then split 12 ways.  Meaning each school would get an addition $190,000 to the TV base payout but no travel subs from Hawaii.

But then Hawaii would being losing even more $$ because they would be taking away $1 million of their own deal but gain $650,000 in travel subs. So giving a $350,000 bigger loss than the current setup.

But then it still puts them at $4.3 million in the deficit....

Question #2 and 3 - Is going to the playoff or a NY6 bowl the only way Hawaii can earn a football bonus?  And did they earn any money from Boise playing in the Fiesta Bowl??

When you start talking about a partial member having to pay dues equal to what a full member pays you know the conference created a real shyte sandwich. Luckily most of us will only have to take a bite out of it every few seasons..except Hawaii, they get a bite every year. 

​This. Boise basically has one end of the stick and everybody else got varying degrees of the sh*t end. UH just got the sh*ttiest end.

Question #2 and 3 - Is going to the playoff or a NY6 bowl the only way Hawaii can earn football money?  And did they earn any money from Boise playing in the Fiesta Bowl??

​#2 No

#3 Yes

#4....They also get $1million from the CFP base payout.

​#2 No

#3 Yes

#4....They also get $1million from the CFP base payout.

Thanks.  Good to know that at least they received some bonus from the CFP base payout and Boise's Fiesta appearance.

They'd get zero from TV if we didn't come back and we win them money in the Access bowl.  Big westerners wouldn't understand just like many Cal staters don't.

​The Boise myth that keeps on giving. No one knows what the MW would've done without Boise. Would we get paid as much? Maybe not, but I bet you schools like SDSU wouldn't be getting paid out less in TV money then they contributed when looking at ALL revenue streams contributing to this years payout. 

Either way ESPN wouldn't have purchased content prior to 2013 because of the MTN network. Unless Boise fan believes ESPN didn't want UTAH, BYU, and TCU games before Boise was even invited to the party. 

They'd get zero from TV if we didn't come back and we win them money in the Access bowl.  Big westerners wouldn't understand just like many Cal staters don't.

If you hadn't remained you would be paying the BW $750,000 in annual travel subsidies instead, just for the right to be in our midst again.  Over time that was going to add up.

I don't know who is more stupider, your schools presidents for agreeing to this or you fans who brought into it.

I have no doubt in my mind the AAC will become a better conference because they refused the Boise threat and treats all their members fairly. The power conferences were all build on fairness for all their members. Each member has the same chances as anyone else in their conference. They have the correct blueprint on how to get it done. The MWC not so much as they are hanging themselves just to survive.

​This made me laugh.

​If Boise & SDSU had stayed with the AAC, it would indisputably have been the best G5 Conference, and would have won the NY6 bid basically every year.

With Boise & SDSU back, the MWC is in contention for best G5 Conference every year, and even if it's more about national perception than any reality of having Boise in-conference, it gives the MWC a boost toward getting that NY6 bid every year, even if/when another MWC school beats Boise and goes-on to win the MWC championship in a season.

Not sure how the MWC is hanging itself with the new CFPlayoff payola and extra dough kicked-in by Boise (or any MWC school's) appearance in a NY6 Bowl.   You're complaining with additional revenue in your mouth, far more than the old system every provided.

Don't choke too hard on the millions of dollars of extra revenue and the hundreds of thousands of dollars of revenue Hawaii just got BECAUSE of Boise. 

​Not so much the head coaches salaries, it's the quality asst coaches salaries that Boise is allowed to maintain. Check the stats on that and come back. Compare the whole football STAFF.

​Thank Odin that BSU is "allowed" to maintain their higher assistant coaches salaries.  I do agree it is unfair if other MWC schools have lower capped assistant coaches salaries.  I'll get Bob..err, "my people" on the phone to CT and we will have this little problem resolved before the end of the day.

Oh yeah, Warbow is also correct in his assertion of BSU becoming an "unstoppable juggernaut".  Since the Broncos first collegiate football game the program is 607-217-12 (.726).  That was done with tiny budgets (the Broncos could not afford helmets until 1996 and still can't come up with enough for a green field). Just think how good BSU is going to be now that the pittance... err, humongous tidal wave of cash (via the Bonus Bonanza) that is being lavished on the football program starts paying dividends.  The PAC10..., no that would be small potatoes (see what I did there), the NFC will be calling any minute.  So long, suckers!

Lol at warblow. Trying to equate bsu's success with two years of tv revenue that frankly is not that much money. Bsu has done more with less their entire existence.  

Warblows top 3 reasons why bsu is hawaiis daddy. 

1.  Illegal practices

2.  Roids

3.  And the latest excuse " tv money"

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

​"more stupider", I think you just answered your own question. 

​The Boise myth that keeps on giving. No one knows what the MW would've done without Boise. Would we get paid as much? Maybe not, but I bet you schools like SDSU wouldn't be getting paid out less in TV money then they contributed when looking at ALL revenue streams contributing to this years payout. 

Either way ESPN wouldn't have purchased content prior to 2013 because of the MTN network. Unless Boise fan believes ESPN didn't want UTAH, BYU, and TCU games before Boise was even invited to the party. 

​That's just dumb.  I don't even know why you bring it up, it's so irrelevant.

Love that you started your statement off with "No one knows what the MW would've done..." and then pulled an about face and forecasted yourself about the old MWC.  Hilarious!

Do you see how you contradicted yourself?

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

Lol at warblow. Trying to equate bsu's success with two years of tv revenue that frankly is not that much money. Bsu has done more with less their entire existence.

Warblows top 3 reasons why bsu is hawaiis daddy.

1.  Illegal practices

2.  Roids

3.  And the latest excuse " tv money"

​Sounds like another bout with probation coming up. Cheating fucks.