Werewolves vs. Vampires

vimpirewerewolf.jpg

Werewolf is a game of suspicion, deduction, accusation, deception, and misdirection.

SOME GROUND RULES:

• no editing of posts for whatever reason.
  • no quoting of PM's recEIVed from the Game Moderator (GM).
  • no discussion of the game anywhere other thAn this thread.
  • NO POSTING BY A PLAYER, ONCE THAT PLAYER HAS BEEN KILLED.

GAMEPLAY

• The GM will post storyline, instructional, and clarifying posts in BLUE FONT.
  • Any questions for the GM should be sent via PM or asked in the Game Thread using ORANGE FONT.

The game consists of two different phases: Day and Night. The game begins with a Day phase.

DAY:
Each day villagers will vote for one person to be lynched. The player who receives the most votes will be killed. In the event of a tie, there will be no killing that day.

A X:01AM/PM PT VOTE DEADLINE (votes with a timestamp of X:00AM/PM will count, those with X:01AM/PM or later will not) will be used each day (unless specified otherwise), using the Board’s timestamp. Day actions will be processed 10 minutes after the Vote Deadline to allow for any Intervention(s) (see Roles below).

Votes for a player will be submitted in bold:
VOTE TheBigAwesome

Unvoting a player is allowed and done as follows:
UNVOTE TheBigAwesome

Unvoting and revoting a new player at the same time is allowed and done as follows:
UNVOTE TheBigAwesome

VOTE Bulldog Rob (because...tradition)

LOCKING IN A VOTE
Players can lock in their vote by voting for NIGHTFALL after they have voted for a player to be lynched. Done as follows:
VOTE NIGHTFALL

Voting for a player and voting for NIGHTFALL can be done at the same time and done as follows:
VOTE TheBigAwesome

VOTE NIGHTFALL

A SUPERMAJORITY REQUIREMENT OF 75% is needed to lock in a Lynch Vote for the day.

NIGHT:
Each night the Wolves may submit, via PM to the GM, a player they want to attack. The attacked player will either be killed, be converted to a wolf, or be saved (see Roles below), depending on several factors.

Each night the Vampires may submit, via PM to the GM, their chosen action. The targeted player will either be killed, be converted to a vampire, or be saved (see Roles below), depending on several factors.

Villagers with special Night Powers (see Roles below) can elect to use—or not use—their powers, also submitted to the GM via PM.

Night actions are subject to the same X:01AM/PM PT DEADLINE (votes with a timestamp of X:00AM/PM will count, those with X:01AM/PM or later will not).

Reminder: There is NO POSTING permitted by a player, once that player has been killed.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

• The Werewolves win if they eliminate all of the Vampires and achieve a 1:1 ratio of Villager to Werewolf.
  • The Vampires win if they eliminate all of the Werewolves and achieve a 1:1 ratio of Villager to Vampire.
  • The Villagers win if they eliminate all the Werewolves and Vampires.

START Day & DEADLINES
Start date and deadlines are flexible and open to discussion. We can do conventional deadlines with an evening Lynch followed by Night Actions due approximately an hour later or do morning Lynches with evening Night Actions (or vice versa) or something different altogether. Suggestions welcome.

ROLES
Roles will be assigned randomly. The GM will inform players of their role via PM prior to the start of the game.

Villager Roles (In the Game)
SEER:
The Seer may choose to “scan” one player every night by sending a PM to the moderator with that player’s name. The GM will tell the Seer whether the chosen target is a human/not-human, no special role will be revealed.

DUKE:
Once per game, the Duke can change the outcome of a lynch vote by selecting a different person to be lynched. Once this power is exercised, the Duke’s role is revealed to the Village. The Duke will have 10 minutes after the vote to submit an action to the GM for that intervention to count.

Herbalist:
Each night the Herbalist may choose one player to protect using Wolfsbane. The same player may not be protected on consecutive nights (this includes the Herbalist as well). Wolfsbane does not protect a person from the Vampires or Vampire Hunter.

VAn Helsing (vampire hunter):
Each night Van Helsing may choose to protect one player with Vervain. The same player may not be protected on consecutive nights (this includes Van Helsing as well). If the selected player is the Feeding Vampire or the Feeding Vampire's target, the vampire attack is blocked. Vervain does not protect a person from a Wolf Attack.

In lieu of protecting someone, Van Helsing may choose to hunt at night. If VH targets a vampire or werewolf, that vampire/wolf will die. If the Feeding Vampire/Brutal Wolf is targeted, then the Vampire/Wolf Attack is blocked as well. If VH targets Count Dracula, the Count will die. If VH and the Count target each other on the same night, they both will die. If VH selects a villager, that villager will die and VH will lose his ability to hunt but may still protect.

VILLAGER:
Simple villager with no special functions other than a vote (or are they?).

Werewolf Roles (In the Game)
BRUTAL WOLF:
The Brutal Wolf is the leader of the wolves and scans as not-human. If neutralized at night, the wolves cannot attack. If lynched, the Brutal Wolf can select a player to take down with them.

All members of the Brutal Wolf's pack will be invited to a special WOLF CHAT and will be able to communicate with each other there.

Cunning wOLF:
The Cunning Wolf shows up as human on scans.

WOLF:
Each night the Wolves select a player to attempt to kill. Wolves scan as not-human. (The total number of wolves will fluctuate based on signups, but will be revealed at the start of the game).

Vampire Roles (In the Game)
COUNT DRACULA:
Count Dracula is the patriarch of the vampire clan. On the first night, the Count selects ONE vampire from his clan to feed on a selected player and bring back blood to the clan. The night following a successful feeding, the Count may chose to feed again or go out himself and add to his clan by attempting to convert one player to a vampire.

If the Count targets a villager, that villager will be converted to a vampire and lose their villager power (if they had one). If the Count targets a werewolf, the wolf will die but not be converted and if that wolf is the Brutal Wolf the Wolf Attack is stopped as well. If the Count targets Van Helsing, VH will die (unless VH protected himself with Vervain) but not be converted. If the Count and VH target each other on the same night they both will die. Count Dracula scans as human. Resilient to the first Wolf Attack.

All members of the Count's clan will be invited to a special VAMPIRE CHAT and will be able to communicate with each other there.

vampire:
At night, a SINGLE vampire may be selected to go out and feed upon a targeted player and bring back blood to the clan. If a villager is targeted, that villager will die. If Van Helsing is targeted, the Feeding Vampire will die. If a werewolf is selected, the wolf will die. If the Brutal Wolf is selected, the Feeding Vampire will die. Vampires scan as not-human. (There is a clan of Vampires with an unknown number of members in the village to start the game.)

Possible Roles (MAY or MAY NOT be in the game, players won't know which are/aren’t in)
DISEASED:
You are a simple villager, or so you think. If attacked by wolves, the wolves cannot attack the next night. If fed upon by the vampires, the vampires cannot convert the next night (counts as an unsuccessful feeding). If targeted for conversion by Count Dracula, the Diseased will die instead and not be converted. The Diseased role is not revealed to the villager who possesses this trait.

cursed:
You are a simple villager, or so you think. If attacked by wolves, you are converted to their side and will be invited to the WOLF CHAT. If attacked by Van Helsing, the Cursed will die and Van Helsing will NOT lose his ability to hunt. The Cursed scans as not-human, regardless if converted or not. The Cursed role is not revealed to the villager who possesses this trait.

Apprentice seer:
The Apprentice Seer assumes the role of the of Seer if/when the Seer is killed or converted to a Vampire.

BADASS:
The Badass can fight off an attack by the wolves or Feeding Vampire the first time but will not be able to fight off either if targeted a second time. The Badass cannot fend off an attack by Count Dracula or Van Helsing.

masons (2):
There may be two Masons in the game who will be allowed to communicate in a private MASONS CHAT set up by the GM. The other players will not know if there are Masons or who the Masons are.

Game Moderator: TheBigAwesome

PLAYERS (June 2018)

1. mugtang
  2. retrofade
  3. happycamper
  4. CV147
  5. 4UNLV
  6. SalinasSpartan
  7. Mad_Hatter
  8. tspoke

------- OLD LIST -------
PLAYERS

1. Billy B. Ace
  2. CV147
  3. cgzpack
  4. CrimsonFox
  5. Mad_Hatter
  6. mugtang
  7. tspoke
  8. 4UNLV
  9. SalinasSpartan
  10. trl87
  11. Warbow

So after night one can the count attempt to convert a villager each subsequent night? 

So after night one can the count attempt to convert a villager each subsequent night? 

​No, the Count can only attempt a conversion the night directly following a successful feed. The idea being that he needs to be strong to go out and convert someone.

For example, if the N1 feed is successful, he has a choice to attempt to convert on N2 or go feed again. If he chooses to feed and fails, he will not be able to attempt a conversion on N3 because of the N2 fail. If N1 is unsuccessful, he must feed on N2, and if unsuccessful again on N2, again he must feed on N3, and so on.

Looks cool - my turn :)

​No, the Count can only attempt a conversion the night directly following a successful feed. The idea being that he needs to be strong to go out and convert someone.

For example, if the N1 feed is successful, he has a choice to attempt to convert on N2 or go feed again. If he chooses to feed and fails, he will not be able to attempt a conversion on N3 because of the N2 fail. If N1 is unsuccessful, he must feed on N2, and if unsuccessful again on N2, again he must feed on N3, and so on.

Got ya, makes sense. 

Again, just consider me a permanent IN for all these things.

22 hours ago, CV147 said:

Again, just consider me a permanent IN for all these things.

Ditto. If any game that's not mine fills before one of mine, I'll play. 

This one does look like a lot of fun but unfortunately the next two week I will only be around till Wednesday so I don't think I can play. I don't think my wife would approve of me being on my phone playing this game while we are at her brothers wedding.

1 hour ago, tspoke said:

This one does look like a lot of fun but unfortunately the next two week I will only be around till Wednesday so I don't think I can play. I don't think my wife would approve of me being on my phone playing this game while we are at her brothers wedding.

You can pay attention at his next one. ;)

But seriously, I doubt this fills up any time soon so if you check back in two weeks (or whatever) and we haven't started, I'm sure everyone would like to have you join us.  Have fun Chicken-dancing and Electric-sliding and all of that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBigAwesome said:

You can pay attention at his next one. ;)

But seriously, I doubt this fills up any time soon so if you check back in two weeks (or whatever) and we haven't started, I'm sure everyone would like to have you join us.  Have fun Chicken-dancing and Electric-sliding and all of that.

That made me laugh.