Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Hoops Recruit

UNLV big winner in Spring Recuiting Period

Under Winner's Category

"UNLV

The Runnin’ Rebels won one of the biggest prizes of the of the spring recruiting period, literally, when they convinced 6-11, 250 pound center Stephen Zimmerman to eschew advances from several high-major programs such as Arizona, Kansas, Kentucky and North Carolina, among others, and stay home in Las Vegas, Nevada. The addition of Zimmerman was just icing on the cake for a UNLV class that includes 4-star guard Jalen Poyser, 4-star small forward Derrick Jones and JUCO power forward Tyrell Bellot-Green."

http://thehoopsrecruit.sportsblog.com/posts/2519538/winners-and-losers-of-spring-recruiting-period.html

Wake me up when we are the big winners on the court.... yes yes yes I know you need to talent to win but I'm yet to see UNLV do that. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Recruit like Tarzan . . .

Coach like . . .

OFF-SEASON CHAMPIONS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Great recruiting class with outstanding talent returning.  Top to bottom UNLV has top 10 talent. Be interesting to see how the Rebel's season unfolds.

i0dMp8gsbAQxz.gif

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Kentucky and maybe 1 or 2 others getting a pass, it takes more than a season to mold a team, regardless of talent level in HS.   Rice is either unlucky or making a mistake in recruiting so many head cases.  Not sure but until one of these impressive recruiting classes stays 3 seasons together it is hard to judge the talent of the head coach other than maybe he needs to adjust his recruiting to include more kids that want to be Rebels and less parents who want $troking.

I give them a year before they transfer to a big west school.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

I give them a year before they transfer to a big west school.

Zimmerman to UCI after Mamadou leaves

Zimmerman to UCI after Mamadou leaves

Didn't you claim Mamadou could be The #1 pick? :lol: :lol:

UCI's 7'6 center Mamadou Ndiaye, was a top-100 ESPN recruit in his class (#74).  If he continues to develop then he'll start seeing his name on draft boards.  Stamina and post moves are what I've heard he needs to really improve. I believe he could be the #1 overall pick if he stays four years.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Didn't you claim Mamadou could be The #1 pick? :lol: :lol:

I did and I'm not backing away from it.  He still has two more years of eligibility.  If he has a healthy, productive junior year it will go a long way. You can't teach 7'5, 280.    Hasheem Thabeet ended up being the #2 overall pick so why not?

I did and I'm not backing away from it.  He still has two more years of eligibility.  If he has a healthy, productive junior year it will go a long way. You can't teach 7'5, 280.    Hasheem Thabeet ended up being the #2 overall pick so why not?

Willing to bet something?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.