Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Who's got Fertitta Money? New Lower Bowl Runnin' Rebel Tix 4 U.

Dear Rebel Athletic Fund Member:

As part of the Thomas and Mack renovations we were able to add additional premium seating in sections 106 & 117. The seats will be allocated based upon priority points. At this time we are taking seating upgrade requests until Friday, May 8 at 5 pm. If you are interested in upgrading your seats to sections 106 or 117 in double letters (Lower Bowl 1), please contact the Rebel Athletic Fund at 702-895-1533. There are a limited number of seats and a max of four per account. We will compile the list of upgrade requests and contact you directly by phone if your request can be accommodated. The pricing for the seats is as follows:

Cost per pair of seats:
-Commitment over five years of $50,000-($10,000 per year for five years)
-Plus required priority donation-($1,800 per seat) 
-Plus cost of season ticket-($555 in 2015-16)

Summary of costs for Sections 106 & 117-(Lower Bowl 1)

Year 1:
Major Gift Commitment $10,000 
Priority Donation $3,600 
Season Ticket Cost $1,140 
Total in Year 1 $14,740

Year 2:
Priority Donation $3,600
Season Ticket Cost TBD 

Year 3:
Priority Donation $3,600
Season Ticket Cost TBD

Year 4:
Priority Donation $3,600
Season Ticket Cost TBD

Year 5: 
Priority Donation $3,600
Season Ticket Cost TBD

Year 6 & beyond:
Major Gift Commitment $0
Priority Donation $3,600
Season Ticket Cost TBD

-Annual major gift commitment and priority donation is $13,600 per year in years 1-5. Year 6 will require priority donation only.
-Priority donation is subject to change with notice.
-Major gift commitment and priority donation are tax deductible. Please consult with your tax advisor.
-Season ticket cost change annually based on competition schedule. 

The support you provide UNLV student-athletes allows them the opportunity to achieve their academic and athletic goals. Your generosity and commitment has given many student-athletes who wear the Scarlet and Gray opportunities they could have ever imagined. You are making a meaningful difference to the more than 450 young men and women who pursue excellence while preparing to be leaders in their respective communities. 

Again, seats are limited and the deadline to be placed on the upgrade list is Friday, May 8 at 5 pm. See attachment for seat locations. 

Go Rebels!

I'm also pretty sure this is for NEW lower bowl season ticket holders and not for people who renew.

Pretty ridiculous...especially with the way things have been the last few years.

Gotta fork out nearly 12 thousand dollars before you can buy your $555 season ticket....and do this for 5 years straight.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

$12,000 to watch Dave Rice coach a basketball game.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

This was actually in effect last year as well, but the prior season ticket holders were grandfathered in.. I know this because when i moved downstairs last year sections 105-107 required a major gift of $15.000-$50.000. So I am in 104 now...

This was actually in effect last year as well, but the prior season ticket holders were grandfathered in.. I know this because when i moved downstairs last year sections 105-107 required a major gift of $15.000-$50.000. So I am in 104 now...

Yeah. I was thinking of making the move down last year. I'm in lower 227 balcony which is dead center. I saw the change and was like EFF that.

Center balcony isn't bad though. Has that TV view and a lot of passionate fans in 227. Plus saving all that money allows me to go to those road/long trips like Brooklyn.

With these outrageous prices? #Balcony4Life  LOL

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Here is a better idea:

All tickets to UNLV basketball games next season should be discounted by 10% for each place the team finishes in MWC standing below #1.

7th place finish this season should discount all ticket prices by 70%

Yeah. I was thinking of making the move down last year. I'm in lower 227 balcony which is dead center. I saw the change and was like EFF that.

Center balcony isn't bad though. Has that TV view and a lot of passionate fans in 227. Plus saving all that money allows me to go to those road/long trips like Brooklyn.

With these outrageous prices? #Balcony4Life  LOL

i hear ya! although i liked where i was this last year,  (lower bowl 6-8 doesn't require the major donation) i'm seriously considering not renewing at all this year, and just going to the games that fit my schedule the best, including road games (tucson, sdsu, maui maybe?). Living in logandale i do a LOT of driving and sometimes i'm not home til midnight on wed night 8:00 games, then up at about 5 to go to work in mesquite. but OTOH, i WANT to go to all of them. it's a conundrum, lol. and if nothing else, it will be showtime at the mac with all those slam dunks coming our way. well thanks, you convinced me, i'm renewing...

and i'm glad to hear the fans in 227 get into it...the last time i was in 209 i was surrounded by the stuffiest bunch of idiots, i was glad to be downstairs last year (plus the guy behind me gave stanley johnson such crap, lol...and he was LOUD)..if my daughter moves back, i might move back upstairs and buy her ticket too. (not buying her boyfriend's ticket again :angry: ). but if my son moves back from phoenix, he wants a seat next to mine in 104 (and he'll buy his own :) ). i guess i've got till june 1 to figure it out, both my kids should know by then if they're moving back.

Showtime at the Mac??? Anything but lol.

But anyhow, regardless of our coaching situation, these prices are a ripoff. You could go to many other D1 programs, and get season tickets for a couple hundred bucks and still get some danm good basketball (in some cases). Problem is UNLV is the only game in town, so they can charge whatever they want.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Showtime at the Mac??? Anything but lol.

But anyhow, regardless of our coaching situation, these prices are a ripoff. You could go to many other D1 programs, and get season tickets for a couple hundred bucks and still get some danm good basketball (in some cases). Problem is UNLV is the only game in town, so they can charge whatever they want.

i was referring to the lobs by mccaw and dunks by derryck jones, among others. and it WILL be show time in that regard.