Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Steve Fisher as UNLV's coach

I stated that to illustrate the fact that Fischer would in no way be better off with our roster than his own. We may have more talented players, but they're almost exclusively freshmen. Why would he get better results with our team when he has a much better roster taking into account experience and depth??? Overall this is just a dumb question to ask.

I guess it should be pointed out that he took a team with five freshmen starters to the National Championship game once.

You have no material.  Just like on the RJ and the Sun.

?????

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

I thought the OP was asking if vegas and umn would be better if Fish were coaching them. I don't think he was suggesting either would be better than SDSU.

Even a slow guy understands and I get called out for asking dumb questions.  Go figger.

?????

You essentially said that Dave Rice owed his job to Jelan Kendrick.  You said that without Jelan Kendrick, Dave Rice wouldn't have a job.  Then you got owned when another person said that we wouldn't be here without oxygen.

If UNLV had Fisher as coach this year instead of being 17-14 we would be 14-17.

Right. And 7-20 with Coach K.

You essentially said that Dave Rice owed his job to Jelan Kendrick.  You said that without Jelan Kendrick, Dave Rice wouldn't have a job.  Then you got owned when another person said that we wouldn't be here without oxygen.

Kendrick saved UNLV ass on Saturday. That's all.

Appreciate the explanation though.

You're completely ignoring my posts.

I replied to yours, chill out buddy.

Honestly, if Stew Morill or Steve Fisher coached UNLV (and could somehow humble those star recruits to play within the coach's plan without player defections), UNLV would be a top-50 (if not top-30) team. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA but would lose the MWC Tournament due to injuries.

If the players refuse to accept changes to their style, however, I don't think UNLV will be significantly better, regardless who is the coach.

UNM coached by either probably would be where Utah State is now (assuming the injuries this year remain the same), tied for 3rd or 4th in the MWC.

Honestly, if Stew Morill or Steve Fisher coached UNLV (and could somehow humble those star recruits to play within the coach's plan without player defections), UNLV would be a top-50 (if not top-30) team. A guaranteed spot in the NCAA but would lose the MWC Tournament due to injuries.

If the players refuse to accept changes to their style, however, I don't think UNLV will be significantly better, regardless who is the coach.

UNM coached by either probably would be where Utah State is now (assuming the injuries this year remain the same), tied for 3rd or 4th in the MWC.

i guess it's easy to just make assumptions but unm isn't a very talented team. neal might not be a very talented coach but nobody on the planet is coaching that group up to anything buy mediocrity 

Will you be admitting that you're wrong next year?

Will you?