Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Steve Fisher as UNLV's coach

Ifs and buts and candy and nuts....

How well would UNLV have done this year, with the current Rebel roster and Steve Fisher as head coach?

What about UNM?

I think this is kind of  a dumb question. Steve Fischer has a slightly less talented, much more experienced roster right now - not to mention that his roster is deep. Why would he choose UNLV's roster when they have 5 freshmen and a senior who are responsible for 95% of the contribution. 

Dave Rice didn't succeed this season, but if you think UNLV should have been be a 4 seed this season you are mistaken. 

An appropriate goal for this team would have been maybe an 8 or 9 seed in the tourney with maybe 6 more wins in conference than they have now.

4 seed..... ahahahhhahahahahaha

with the injuries fisher might've had this team on the bubble but it's hard to win when your best players don't play 

This is kind of the way I see it, and if we are being honest it should be pointed out that someone with Fisher's baggage would never have a chance to be the head coach at UNLV.  Due to the past NCAA battles, the Rebels just wouldn't take that kind of chance.

Steve Fisher can't coach offense.  I think the results would be the same.

Neither can Dave Rice.

And SDSU can sure the hell play DEFENSE.

That's what wins games!!!!

Steve Fisher teams never underachieve. Right now, we'd be a 6-9 seed w/o the injuries, with them on the bubble.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Neither can Dave Rice.

Steve Fisher teams never underachieve. Right now, we'd be a 6-9 seed w/o the injuries, with them on the bubble.

You have no idea what you're talking about.  We're shooting 37% from three this season, which is four percentage points higher from last year.  We're also averaging one more assist per game than last year.

Neither can Dave Rice.

Also, you completely changed the subject.

You have no idea what you're talking about. We're shooting 37% from three this season, which is four percentage points higher from last year. We're also averaging one more assist per game than last year.

What did that do for your total win stat?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

You have no idea what you're talking about.  We're shooting 37% from three this season, which is four percentage points higher from last year.  We're also averaging one more assist per game than last year.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Go watch a game and look at our sets. We've always stunk in the half court under Rice.......

Stop acting so ignorant.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Go watch a game and look at our sets. We've always stunk in the half court under Rice.......

Stop acting so ignorant.

Are you sure it's an act?

Barack Obama

Stop acting so ignorant.

You have no material.  Just like on the RJ and the Sun.

I think this is kind of  a dumb question. Steve Fischer has a slightly less talented, much more experienced roster right now - not to mention that his roster is deep. Why would he choose UNLV's roster when they have 5 freshmen and a senior who are responsible for 95% of the contribution. 

Dave Rice didn't succeed this season, but if you think UNLV should have been be a 4 seed this season you are mistaken. 

An appropriate goal for this team would have been maybe an 8 or 9 seed in the tourney with maybe 6 more wins in conference than they have now.

I think this is kind of a dumb comment.  Nobody said anything about Steve Fisher choosing between UNLV or SDSU, or even Steve Fischer for that matter.

I think this is kind of a dumb comment.  Nobody said anything about Steve Fisher choosing between UNLV or SDSU, or even Steve Fischer for that matter.

I stated that to illustrate the fact that Fischer would in no way be better off with our roster than his own. We may have more talented players, but they're almost exclusively freshmen. Why would he get better results with our team when he has a much better roster taking into account experience and depth??? Overall this is just a dumb question to ask. 

I stated that to illustrate the fact that Fischer would in no way be better off with our roster than his own. We may have more talented players, but they're almost exclusively freshmen. Why would he get better results with our team when he has a much better roster taking into account experience and depth??? Overall this is just a dumb question to ask.

I thought the OP was asking if vegas and umn would be better if Fish were coaching them. I don't think he was suggesting either would be better than SDSU.

Barack Obama