jimjam

Colorado State Recruiting

Picked up commits from Arjay Jean and Robert Awunganyi today.  According to Rivals the MWC holds the #55 (Boise State), #62 (Colorado State), and #65 (UNLV) recruiting classes.  Not bad for a G5 conference.  I'm sure there will be lots of nice, and not so nice, surprises still to come by close of business Wednesday.  Interesting, I could have sworn Rivals had Jean as a 3*, now he's a no-star.  I'm sure that will change.

Come 2018 or so, I hope we've all exceeded expectations.

Edit:  Add 3* DB Chris Gaston to that list.

My signing day wish list includes:

Christian Colon  *** DT with 14 P5 offers.  Has it down to Marshall, Miami OH, and CSU.

Devron Davis     *** CB with 28 P5 offers.  Supposedly CSU still has a shot.

JT Williams        **   DT with a Missouri offer.  Has it down to SMU and CSU.

I think Davis and Colon are a bit of a long shot but here's to hoping they sign with CSU!

38 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Wow!  Kid is a burner. Put him on punt returns Bobo. 

Agree about the PR.  I just watched his Hudl.  I'm not sold that he's got 4.28 speed, but is definitely a burner.  His vision and shiftiness impressed me the most.  He doesn't waste any time getting out of the backfield and then breaks some ankles.  I think he can be very dangerous as a slot receiver, and of course returner.

Rams land Devron Davis!!!

He committed back in July for 4 days, de committed and now re commits on signing day.

Now we wait to hear about Christian Colon....

Here's Davis's offers.  Probably the most offers in MWC history...

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by
Colorado State
Committed
X
6/12/15 Terry Fair, Ronnie Letson
Alabama
None
X
None  
Arizona
None
X
None  
Arizona State
None
X
None Chris Ball
Arkansas State
None
X
None Trooper Taylor
Auburn
None
X
None  
Baylor
None

None  
Brigham Young
None

None Garett Tujague
California
None

None  
Cincinnati
None
X
1/22/16  
Colorado
None
X
None  
Florida
None

None  
Florida State
None
X
None  
Fresno State
None
X
None  
Georgia
None
X
None  
Illinois
None
X
None  
Iowa State
None
X
None  
Kansas State
None
x
None  
Louisville
None
X
None  
Maryland
None
X
None  
Massachusetts
None
X
None  
Memphis
None
X
None Ricky Hunley
Miami (FL)
None
X
None  
Michigan State
None

10/9/15  
Middle Tennessee State
None
X
None  
Mississippi
None
X
None  
Missouri
None
X
None  
Nebraska
None
X
None Mark Banker, Brian Stewart
North Carolina
None
X
None  
North Dakota State
None

None  
Northern Illinois
None
X
None  
Ohio State
None
X
None Luke Fickell
Oklahoma
None

None  
Oregon
None
X
None John Neal
Oregon State
None

None  
Pittsburgh
None

None  
Rutgers
None
X
None  
South Carolina
None
X
None  
Syracuse
None
X
None  
Tennessee
None
X
None  
Texas
None
X
None  
Texas A&M
None

None  
Toledo
None
X
None  
Troy
None
X
None  
UCLA
None
X
None  
USC
None

None  
Utah
None
X
None  
Utah State
None

None  
Washington
None
X
None  
Washington State
None
X
None  
West Virginia
None

None Brian Mitchell

Christian Colon Commits!!  3 star DT with offers from Notre Dame, Maryland, Marshall, Boston College, North Carolina State, penn State, Pittsburgh, Ucla, Wake, South Carolina, North Carolina.

Bobo Closing the deal!!!!

• Like 1

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Bobo knocked it out of the park!  In his presser he mentioned that some of the guys that came in mid-year count back instead of forwards so there is still room to sign a couple more, and he's working on doing that.

8 Juco's because we had need, but OTOH we should see some immediate impact from those guys.

• Like 1

To me this was a historic class from the aspect of not getting one or two kids poached on signing day and closing the deal on some very highly touted kids.  This was something we typically have not done well in the past.  Oh and the rankings are very good too!

Great job coach Bobo and staff!!

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Based on rivals, Boise finishes 15 pts ahead of CSU in final standings. Some might call that a tie.   Imo, CSU finished with a better class based on P5 offers, a better gauge than stars. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2016 at 9:46 PM, Lobo Amor said:

Impressive signing class Rams. It now all depends how it translates on the field. Boise had finished first in the MW for three straight years and then lost to UNM, AFA, and USU who had recruiting classes in the bottom half those three years...

And that's the hard part about recruiting.  They're all the best player on their team, sometimes in their league.  In their world, there is no one better.  Then they hit the real world of D1 football and discover that they aren't "ready made" as a champion after all.

It takes coaching, the right mindset of the entire team, and a constant desire to always exceed expectations.  We got some solid talent, but the work has just begun.  I hope Bobo is the right guy to get it done.

• Like 1

So I was really sick the last  few days and spent a lot of my free time watching the Hudl highlights of MWC teams classes and CSU's really stood out, wow.

Colon is a bad, bad man.  Gaston is a glove and Bodie should get touches as a true.  I also like Hicks, Tongomoa and Sutton.  I would have been stoked if BSU landed any of those guys.  CSU's class also reminded me of Boise in how they reached all over to get recruits.  Pretty cool to see two teams in the Rockies prove to be so attractive to kids.

This might chaff some Fresno fans but after looking at all the highlights and digging around and reading articles I think SJSU had the 3rd best class.  

• Like 3

On February 1, 2016 at 8:29 AM, jimjam said:

My signing day wish list includes:

Christian Colon  *** DT with 14 P5 offers.  Has it down to Marshall, Miami OH, and CSU.

Devron Davis     *** CB with 28 P5 offers.  Supposedly CSU still has a shot.

JT Williams        **   DT with a Missouri offer.  Has it down to SMU and CSU.

I think Davis and Colon are a bit of a long shot but here's to hoping they sign with CSU!

MERRY CHRISTMAS...2-of-3 isn't too bad!

• Like 1

For 2017:

2 commits for coach Bobo today. 

3 star DT Sincere David from Jacksonville, Florida.  Had offers from B1G and ACC schools.

2 star OL Scott Brooks from Moorpark, California.  Had offers from AF, Navy, and Hawaii.