Warbow

BYU fans

Guest #1Stunner

Is Wilder the only black guy on the team? Do they make him do the laundry after the game?

Winder? He's Samoan.

Everyone helps with the laundry. He cleans the lava-lavas.

BYU basketball is the 2nd most Polynesian basketball team in the country, only behind BYU Hawaii.

I think they are #1 as hawaii doesn't have any on their team. I think BYU-Hawaii has a few.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

This is why the WCC sucks. You don't get anyone you care about playing at home besides Gonzaga and St Marys. Team comes out flat, games are boring, etc. Basically waiting until March to see if you can play St Marys or Gonzaga again in the tourney, etc. Then hoping they make you a 13 seed in a play in game. Fun stuff.

Give these guys a little more time. Pepperdine, USD, LMU, they will grow on you eventually.

Guest #1Stunner

Terrible game for BYU tonight.

Pepperdine is decent (great inside players) but is mediocre overall.  They have no guards.

Haws is a whiner.... throws too many tantrums.

Guest #1Stunner

Did Rose find Haws playing a banjo in back of a gas station in Georgia or what?

Marty Haws (his dad).

2e3c16a4-0bda-11df-be41-001cc4c002e0.ima

His brother, TJ Haws, is also committed to play for BYU:

1283968.jpg

Give these guys a little more time. Pepperdine, USD, LMU, they will grow on you eventually.

I don't think it ever will. 

You play these teams and you get no credit for beating them, ever.  The only team you get credit for beating in the WCC is Gonzaga and St Marys.  The rest are slugs, and it has made the basketball season for me after the preseason a totally boring affair unless we're playing one of the two aforementioned teams. 

Being a BYU sports fans sucks big fat donkey dicks.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

You play these teams and you get no credit for beating them, ever.  The only team you get credit for beating in the WCC is Gonzaga and St Marys.  The rest are slugs, and it has made the basketball season for me after the preseason a totally boring affair unless we're playing one of the two aforementioned teams. 

All depends on how well the school does in their OOC schedule. If they are decent OOC, then the games aren't bad.

You play these teams and you get no credit for beating them, ever. The only team you get credit for beating in the WCC is Gonzaga and St Marys. The rest are slugs, and it has made the basketball season for me after the preseason a totally boring affair unless we're playing one of the two aforementioned teams.

Guess I'm more partial to these schools since we play them often. I kinda miss Pacific. I know the excitement level goes down for Santa Clara and USF vs Stanford and SDSU, but it's still a good league for all sports.

Since you joined the WCC it's earned two bids twice and three bids once. Assuming things stay the same, it will be two bids again unless someone other than you or Gonzaga takes the auto bid (then three teams go).

Guess I'm more partial to these schools since we play them often. I kinda miss Pacific. I know the excitement level goes down for Santa Clara and USF vs Stanford and SDSU, but it's still a good league for all sports.

Since you joined the WCC it's earned two bids twice and three bids once. Assuming things stay the same, it will be two bids again unless someone other than you or Gonzaga takes the auto bid (then three teams go).

If BYU takes a couple more losses like the one last night the WCC will be a 1 bid league.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Yeah, BYU is just an okay team this year really.  I'm thinking they will be lucky to make the tournament because there isn't much room for stumbles against teams like Pepperdine.  They just have guards and lack much inside game.  They miss Mika.

I think BYU basketball relies too much on Utah recruits.  50% of their current roster (9 of 18) come from Utah.  2 current players are from Lone Peak (Austin & Haws) and they have 3 more Lone Peak'ers on missions (Mika, Emery, TJ Haws).

This is why the WCC sucks.  You don't get anyone you care about playing at home besides Gonzaga and St Marys.  Team comes out flat, games are boring, etc.  Basically waiting until March to see if you can play St Marys or Gonzaga again in the tourney, etc.  Then hoping they make you a 13 seed in a play in game.  Fun stuff.

You don't like the WCC experiment? You're the first BYU fan i've heard  admit that. Everyone else I talk to is trying to convince themselves how awesome it is. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Guest #1Stunner

You don't like the WCC experiment? You're the first BYU fan i've heard say admit that. Everyone else I talk to is trying to convince themselves how awesome it is.

Wrong. Most fans say it is "livable" but not great.

Notre Dame didn't join the B1G, they joined the ACC.

The zoo needs to return to the MWC and help elevate it.

The athletics would experience immediate improvement.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"