Warbow

BYU fans

Guest #1Stunner

I was giving you a heads up so you can get best odds for your bet. Doing a quick search, a site that is actually taking bets has BYU at 200 to 1, so if you bet $100 you could get $20k when BYU wins the natty, easy money for you:

http://sports.bovada.lv/sports-betting/football-futures.jsp

Pac-12South! - yep, toughest division in college football this year.

NFLSpeed! -  yep, Utah has been producing lots of NFL players. You want to compare numbers?

OregonNat'lChamps! - I believe they played in the National Championship game. How far did BYU fall short of their undefeated season?

I don't see BYU going undefeated until Bronco Mendenhall is gone.

I don't see BYU going undefeated until Bronco Mendenhall is gone.

I don't see them going undefeated, particularly with a schedule that could get them into the CFP.  In the past 30 years, they haven't had any undefeated and only one 1 loss season, and they would need to play a significantly harder schedule than they did in MWC/WAC days to qualify for CFP.  I just don't think they can get enough talent to be at that high a level, and I don't see a coach out there that is a possibility that would get them there.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner

I don't see them going undefeated, particularly with a schedule that could get them into the CFP.  In the past 30 years, they haven't had any undefeated and only one 1 loss season, and they would need to play a significantly harder schedule than they did in MWC/WAC days to qualify for CFP.  I just don't think they can get enough talent to be at that high a level, and I don't see a coach out there that is a possibility that would get them there.

I'm fine with that.

And I don't see BYU or Utah being able to get into the college football playoff anytime soon, if at all. However, if the 4 team playoff ever expands, then who knows what will happen.

But I do think BYU can go undefeated in a weaker squeduling year if we have the correct coach. Hell, Utah alone is evidence that a local school can go undefeated against a weak non-P5 squedule.

I'm fine with that.

And I don't see BYU or Utah being able to get into the college football playoff anytime soon, if at all. However, if the 4 team playoff ever expands, then who knows what will happen.

But I do think BYU can go undefeated in a weaker squeduling year if we have the correct coach. Hell, Utah alone is evidence that a local school can go undefeated against a weak non-P5 squedule.

The problem is a good number of impact players from those teams would not or could not attend BYU - having a much smaller talent pool to draw from is limiting.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Guest #1Stunner

The problem is a good number of impact players from those teams would not or could not attend BYU - having a much smaller talent pool to draw from is limiting.

It's always all about the QB, DLine, and OLine at BYU. Those are 90 percent of the impact players you need.

While I agree with your point here you probably shouldn't use RPI to support it. The MWC has more and nastier RPI vampires than the WCC right now - and for the 2nd consecutive year for that matter. The WCC is the 9th rated conference according to RPI and the MWC is the 11th:

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_conf_Men.html

MWC: 1 300+ RPI team and 4 in the 200-299 range.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_mwest_Men.html

WCC: 0 300+ RPI teams and only 2 in the 200-299 range.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_wcc_Men.html

The WCC is an "adequate" home for BYU bball. While I would prefer competing in the MWC, the gap between the two conferences isn't NEARLY as wide as many on here would like to think - high school gyms and all.

OK - didn't realize the MWC sucked so bad this season.

User Actions

Montana Tech player was sent off for butt-ending BYU player. Fan heckled MTU player. MTU player said, "Bring it on." BYU fan drop kicks him.

Surprising things I learned by checking out the link:

- BYU has a hockey team (who knew...)

Not surprising things I learned by checking out the link:

- A hockey fan is crazy enough to fight with a player from the opposing team who was ejected for misconduct

- Said hockey fan got his butt kicked by said hockey player -- twitter post:  "BYU fan who jumped into tunnel to fight MTU hockey player has broken his ankle plus, of course, gets the snot beat out of him."

- Said hockey fan who fought with MTU hockey player was arrested (no duh....)

Moral of the story--don't fight hockey players.  They can kick your butt with their skates on even off the ice.

Yes, and they too got their a$$es kicked in Boise...

10608714_10204883449711735_5590243960947

byuhockey.org:  the team has only been around for a few years as an officially recognized school sport (was a club sport before that).  But BYU is 0-16-0 this year so Boise beating them isn't something that is going to set your school above the rest.  lol

It looks like BYU plays their games at the Seven Peaks ice sheet.