Warbow

P-5 conferences that BYU would win

Guest #1Stunner

BYU has something we both were lacking when we made the switch; a quarterback.

BYU might be able to finish 2nd in the ACC or B10; not the others though. BYU is legit top 20 IMHO. Can't say if they're better than that without their getting the opportunity to test themselves against someone good.

This is a great post... a great QB is huge in college football.

One thing I will concede, TCU is BYU kryptonite, and would probably embarrass us gain if we played you guys.

This is a great post... a great QB is huge in college football.

One thing I will concede, TCU is BYU kryptonite, and would probably embarrass us gain if we played you guys.

Yeah I would have liked to have seen how TCU & Utah would have done transitioning to the P12/B12 with QBs who lasted a season.  BYU ran into the same problem going Indy, had a run of injured/bad QBs.  

2014:  Maybe.  I am still undecided on Boykin's progress and TCU's new offense.  TCU's defense may be as good or better than we had our past two years.  Kind of hard to tell after only playing Samford and Minnesota.  Get back to me in November after we have played a couple of good teams.  

Good Luck to BYU.  Wouldn't mind seeing you crash the party at the expense of SEC redundancy.  

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

Yeah I would have liked to have seen how TCU & Utah would have done transitioning to the P12/B12 with QBs who lasted a season.  BYU ran into the same problem going Indy, had a run of injured/bad QBs.  

2014:  Maybe.  I am still undecided on Boykin's progress and TCU's new offense.  TCU's defense may be as good or better than we had our past two years.  Kind of hard to tell after only playing Samford and Minnesota.  Get back to me in November after we have played a couple of good teams.  

Good Luck to BYU.  Wouldn't mind seeing you crash the party at the expense of SEC redundancy.  

Gah, I have so many painful memories from Dalton. I agree if Utah and TCU had consistent QB play going into their new conferences they would have competed from the beginning. Utah for sure would have been south division champs their first year.

CVEcMlXUEAAtMZW.png

Under Bronco BYU is 9-9 vs PAC 10/12 teams. Under Kyle Utah is 13-21 vs PAC 10/12 teams. There is one reason to believe our performance would be better.

On the other hand, since 2011 when Utah joined the Pac 12, BYU has gone 2-4 against PAC 12 teams. Two of the losses were to Utah and none of the games were against the top PAC 12 teams.

[oops. edit. That's 2-5 against PAC 12 teams with 3 losses to Utah. How could I forget?]

Under Bronco BYU is 9-9 vs PAC 10/12 teams. Under Kyle Utah is 13-21 vs PAC 10/12 teams. There is one reason to believe our performance would be better.

And before Utah joined the Pac-12, Kyle had a winning record against the Pac. Amazing what happens when, unlike BYU, you actually have to face the top teams in the Pac not just the middle and bottom teams.

As an independent BYU is 2-5 against the Pac-12, and that is without having faced any of the top Pac-12 teams. 

Last year for instance they were blown out by the 6th place Pac-12 team in Washington, and lost on their home field to my 10th place Utes.

As an independent BYU has won two games against the Pac-12, one against a 3-9 Oregon State team and one against a 3-9 Washington State team.

I'll believe BYU would do better in the Pac-12 then Utah, as soon as BYU actually starts consistently beating "decent" Pac-12 teams, rather than having a 2-5 record against the middle and bottom of the Pac.

You'll get another mid to bottom tier Pac team this year in Cal. Let's see if Bronco can muster another fantastic win like the 10 point victory over that 3-9 juggernaut Oregon State you guys had a few years back.

BYU is good, but destroying a dumpster fire Texas team and getting 2 somewhat close wins over decent but not great teams does not make you a contender for a P5 league.

Well the Pac12s second highest rated team sure couldn't destroy that dumpster fire Texas team on a neutral site, a week after BYU gave them all the film they needed on how to handle Texas and their new QB.

Fact of the matter is BYU would compete well in the above mentioned conferences. Would we be in 1st place? That's an impossible projection to make. But we'd compete.

Well the Pac12s second highest rated team sure couldn't destroy that dumpster fire Texas team on a neutral site, a week after BYU gave them all the film they needed on how to handle Texas and their new QB.

Fact of the matter is BYU would compete well in the above mentioned conferences. Would we be in 1st place? That's an impossible projection to make. But we'd compete.

Yes, you'd compete. But going by your record not very well.

Really? The Texas game is your comparison.... A game where UCLA was without it's Heisman candidate qb for all but one full possession of the game (got injured on UCLA's 2nd possession after scrambling for a first down) and still managed to beat Texas...Really, that is the game you pick? How do you think BYU would do against any team without Taysom Hill?

So by your logic, does that mean BYU would finish near the bottom of CUSA, since UTSA waxed Houston on their home field and gave BYU all the game film they needed, and BYU could barely beat Houston at home? Or how about the fact that BYU beat UVA by the same margin on their home field, that UCLA beat them on the road.

Your arguments would be much more compelling if you didn't always cherry pick only the games and stats that make BYU look the best. As such, your posts come off as nothing more than homerism.

And FYI. I have no clue how BYU would do this year in the Pac-12. Maybe they'd win it, maybe they'd finish near the bottom. I have my own ideas, but that does not make them anymore or less valid than anyone else's.

But Bluebrothas and TrueCougs arguments on why BYU would do well in the Pac-12, are just preschool level stupid.

Cherry picking? Let's try UVA then. BYU scored more offensive TDs against UVA than UCLA (who had their Heisman hopeful Hundley the entire game) and #21 Louisville COMBINED.

And I don't think Houston is very good so who cares what UTSA did against them. I do think UTSA would win the MWC this year though.

Really? The Texas game is your comparison.... A game where UCLA was without it's Heisman candidate qb for all but one full possession of the game (got injured on UCLA's 2nd possession after scrambling for a first down) and still managed to beat Texas...Really, that is the game you pick? How do you think BYU would do against any team without Taysom Hill?

So by your logic, does that mean BYU would finish near the bottom of CUSA, since UTSA waxed Houston on their home field and gave BYU all the game film they needed, and BYU could barely beat Houston at home? Or how about the fact that BYU beat UVA by the same margin on their home field, that UCLA beat them on the road.

Your arguments would be much more compelling if you didn't always cherry pick only the games and stats that make BYU look the best. As such, your posts come off as nothing more than homerism.

The same Heisman candidate QB managed 1 TD drive the whole game against UVA.  Just saying.

BYU was in control of the Houston game the entire game.  BYU went up by 2 scores and was in control of the UVA game throughout the 4th quarter.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg