BSUTOP25

Who Should Leave the Board Permanently, Loboblast or Jack Bauer?

Who Should Leave the Board, Loboblast or Jack Bauer  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Loboblast and Jack Bauer both agreed the loser would leave forever.

I agree with him. I don't think that it is our place as members to be inhibiting other members right to post. This situation is different in that jack told a banned member to leave, not a member in good standing.

If the ban hammer was swung every time someone disagreed with you, you'd never be able to post.

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.

And this wasn't about something as simple as disagreeing which you well know. We all know given the way this board is moderatec he would never get a 3 day cool down ban. Doesn't mean I can't state my opinion it might have been helpful.

One of the Final Five..........

I agree with him. I don't think that it is our place as members to be inhibiting other members right to post. This situation is different in that jack told a banned member to leave, not a member in good standing.

If the ban hammer was swung every time someone disagreed with you, you'd never be able to post.

I don't think any of us have a right, per se.  As we are more or less lawless when it comes to board culture and rules, I see us as more of a tribe.  When the tribe votes against you, it's time to move on or back down.

To further split hairs, favoring Blast's temporary break has more to do with his tone.  I would much - MUCH - prefer it if he would excuse himself from this thread, work out his frustrations and aggression in a more healthy manner, come back, and post UNM content.  I don't want him to leave.  I just want him to change his tune.

I don't like all the rules of the board.  I don't like how it's cool for everyone to pile on a fanbase, troll the living sh|t out of them, and then act like it's the fault of those who were provoked out when they react.  The onus is on the poster to avoid being made a target - true.  But sometimes I feel like we could stand to give the smacktalk a fricking rest.  Either that or just accept that if you provoke people they're going to react.  But dismissing the smack and trolling, like people just need to get over it, is as erroneous as the way Blast has been dismissing objections to his posting style.  Seems like both kinds of dismissals are cut from the same cloth, but that's me.

It's just too bad this poll can't be unarchived:

http://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?showtopic=30992

... I believe blast's meltdown would have rivaled any of those.  

Aztec as Hell = Sergio

Damn, I miss Monty.

Carry on . . .

Boom goes the dynamite.

I got a bit peeved last night when some folks were portraying Toadpiss as a victim.

Instead of continuing the confrontation I said my peace and bowed out. Something Toadpiss can't bring himself to do. When it's clear the majority are going a different direction you bow out gracefully.

When the communitu is under seige by a venemous psychotic troll YOU DO NOT CHOSE THAT TIME TO PURSUE A PERSONAL VENDETTA

That and the city state crap just chap my hide.

anyway

it's almost football season

I don't think any of us have a right, per se. As we are more or less lawless when it comes to board culture and rules, I see us as more of a tribe. When the tribe votes against you, it's time to move on or back down.

To further split hairs, favoring Blast's temporary break has more to do with his tone. I would much - MUCH - prefer it if he would excuse himself, work out his frustrations and aggression in a more healthy manner, come back, and post UNM content.

I don't like all the rules of the board. I don't like how it's cool for everyone to pile on a fanbase, troll the living sh|t out of them, and then act like it's the fault of those who were provoked out when they react. The onus is on the poster to avoid being made a target - true. But sometimes I feel like we could stand to give the smacktalk a fricking rest. Either that or just accept that if you provoke people they're going to react. But dismissing the smack and trolling, like people just need to get over it, is as erroneous as the way Blast has been dismissing objections to his posting style. Seems like both kinds of dismissals are cut from the same cloth, but that's me.

I don't disagree with you at all. Perhaps right wasn't the correct word. I think the nature of this very board prohibits forced timeouts unless a certain line is crossed.

I think the board does have a collective voice and it has spoken out pretty clearly in this thread, I take issue with the suggested actions that the admin should be doing instead of simply letting them do their job as they have all along. I think if they needed help they would ask for it. It isn't like we haven't had a moderator viewing this thread.

In this instance I agree with shark. Mysfit shouldn't be the one deciding who is worthy to post. I agree with her that blast needs to step away but its been suggested to him and he has refused. Forcing him to do it without cause is detrimental to all of us.

What happens if happy or Ian decide that your posts have two much academia in them and that you need a time out to knock that shyt off? Silly I know but where do we draw the line?

When the communitu is under seige by a venemous psychotic troll YOU DO NOT CHOSE THAT TIME TO PURSUE A PERSONAL VENDETTA

That and the city state crap just chap my hide.

anyway

it's almost football season

Is there a sign up sheet that let's everyone know when they can pursue personal vendettas? I think blast is completely in the wrong as well but I'm not lumping in his timing as an issue.

We're all supposed to have thick skins around here, none of us should have gotten that wound up over some pathetic moron that has nothing better to do than continue to prove why he was banned.

I am all for you having your own opinions on this, I'm not arguing with you to prove you wrong, I'm only trying to explain my own opinion. I don't really every expect my opinion to change anyone else's.

I don't disagree with you at all. Perhaps right wasn't the correct word. I think the nature of this very board prohibits forced timeouts unless a certain line is crossed.

I think the board does have a collective voice and it has spoken out pretty clearly in this thread, I take issue with the suggested actions that the admin should be doing instead of simply letting them do their job as they have all along. I think if they needed help they would ask for it. It isn't like we haven't had a moderator viewing this thread.

In this instance I agree with shark. Mysfit shouldn't be the one deciding who is worthy to post. I agree with her that blast needs to step away but its been suggested to him and he has refused. Forcing him to do it without cause is detrimental to all of us.

What happens if happy or Ian decide that your posts have two much academia in them and that you need a time out to knock that shyt off? Silly I know but where do we draw the line?

tumblr_lo5y5ma0eb1qg5gu4.gif

I am not expecting anyone to change their opinion. Just explaining why I am so pissed off at Toadpiss and not willing to forgive and forget at this point.

Cowardly sack of shit to do what he did, when he did and then to change his story repeatedly. You want to forgive him fine. You're a better person than I am. But I am still pissed and will remain so for a good long time. Not that it matters to anyone else.

:)

And let's get serious here

Does anyone really think the mods are going to first listen and second act on my off the cuff gibberish and enact a 3 day time out?

I would like to talk to you about some swamp land I have for sale if so

Isn't BSUTOP25 the guy who left this place crying and started his own MwC forum because of threads like these? If that's not the guy, I apologize.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

This is the coolest thread in history, second only to that burning bridges thread from four years ago. Totally friggin awesome.

I vote for me, always for me.

Glad you brought that up, you still owe us for some of those bridges you toasted. I'm pretty sure Utenation didn't actually leave the board but got stranded in the middle of a flaming bridge and ended up making an ash of himself.

2me1q87.jpg

Which on the Loboblast hierarchy of university value is a second class citizen to Flagship status.

However, it's still better than city/state status - which makes the University of New Hampshire a better school than San Diego State.

Or Florida State, for that matter.

Nope you're confused. The only "second class" schools at the G5 FBS level are "city" state schools and directional schools. 

:lol:

roflbot.jpg