Warbow

Be honest now...

I do. Amateurish and over simplified with questionable accuracy. It's basically someone's opinion dressed up to appear to be more than what it actually is.

Please provide some examples of inaccuracy. It's a fairly accurate depiction of the left and right if you ask me.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Please provide some examples of inaccuracy. It's a fairly accurate depiction of the left and right if you ask me.

The right favors nation building.

The right wants public funding for private churches.

The right favors special treatment for some companies. Which may be truthful to some extent, but that's hardly exclusive to the right. (GM bailout, special treatment for green energy companies, etc.)

IMO, that chart just summarizes some guys opinions. Perhaps you agree with him. I do not.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

The right favors nation building.

The right wants public funding for private churches.

The right favors special treatment for some companies. Which may be truthful to some extent, but that's hardly exclusive to the right. (GM bailout, special treatment for green energy companies, etc.)

IMO, that chart just summarizes some guys opinions. Perhaps you agree with him. I do not.

The chart doesn't specify Democrats or Republicans as there is of course some variance ... but it does highlight the general philosophies of the far left and far right spectrums in the US.

The right favors nation building.   No

The right wants public funding for private churches.   No

The left favors nation building and before you point to Bush 43 you have to remember he is a liberal in policy.

The right doesn't want public funding for church's, they do want to have a government based of religious principles which is funny because they don't consider if could be someone elses religious principles at some point.

That chart is pretty accurate as far as it goes.

to be clear Libertarians are also anti-cancer and anti-holocaust

Exactly, unlike communists and fascists we're opposed to cancer and ethnic cleansing. Thanks for clarifying that and contributing to the conversation Einstein.

The chart doesn't specify Democrats or Republicans as there is of course some variance ... but it does highlight the general philosophies of the far left and far right spectrums in the US.

Nor did I specify dem or republican. I just said the chart was amateurish and not accurate.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Exactly, unlike communists and fascists we're opposed to cancer and ethnic cleansing. Thanks for clarifying that and contributing to the conversation Einstein.

your welcome, I left off papercuts because that's too controversial.  :D

Nor did I specify dem or republican. I just said the chart was amateurish and not accurate.

The chart itself may be flawed, but it points to a larger issue- the hypocrisy of both political parties when it comes to liberty. As an ideal, Republicans believe in fiscal liberty and low regulations on businesses, but want the government to legislate morality. Democrats believe in civil liberties but not in fiscal liberty. Libertarians believe in both. Freedom works!

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

The chart itself may be flawed, but it points to a larger issue- the hypocrisy of both political parties when it comes to liberty. As an ideal, Republicans believe in fiscal liberty and low regulations on businesses, but want the government to legislate morality. Democrats believe in civil liberties but not in fiscal liberty. Libertarians believe in both. Freedom works!

So, are libertarians for the federal govt paying for women's health costs, including abortions and birth control?  B)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

So, are you for the federal govt paying for women's health costs, including abortions and birth control? B)

No. I'm for the federal government almost ceasing to exist. Rand Paul 2014

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

So you side with the Repubs on this issue, but for perhaps more nobel reasons :)

Sort of.

In general, they have the right idea that regulations on businesses should be low, but where I disagree is that I think there should still be a free, fair market without corporatism and government favoritism towards big business, which is rampant.

I also sort of agree with Democrats on social issues in that people should be allowed to do what they want in their personal lives as long as they are consenting adults and no one else is being directly hurt by it. But I disagree that the government should subsidy or be involved in any of it.

Basically, take the government out of everything that it doesn't need to be in, and we will all be better off.

What you think of the video clip of Michael Sam after he found out he got drafted?

I turned the TV off in disgust. If he wishes that life style that's up to him but I will not accept homosexuality as anything other than perversion. They are not born that way as many people ignorantly believe. Some of them are great people and friends of mine. Most of them know where I stand and I will treat them with respect even though I don't accept their beliefs.

http://www.mygenes.co.nz/index.html

Sort of.

In general, they have the right idea that regulations on businesses should be low, but where I disagree is that I think there should still be a free, fair market without corporatism and government favoritism towards big business, which is rampant.

I also sort of agree with Democrats on social issues in that people should be allowed to do what they want in their personal lives as long as they are consenting adults and no one else is being directly hurt by it. But I disagree that the government should subsidy or be involved in any of it.

Basically, take the government out of everything that it doesn't need to be in, and we will all be better off.

That!

I don't agree that people are just born that way.  I do agree that Jesus would love a gay person.  But you can love a person and still want them to change and find a different path.

You sound like every man's wife on this board LOL

Posted Image

The right favors nation building. Iraq and Afghanistan 

The right wants public funding for private churches. George W. Bush's Faith Based Initiatives 

The right favors special treatment for some companies. Which may be truthful to some extent, but that's hardly exclusive to the right. (GM bailout, special treatment for green energy companies, etc.) Too many to list .. but yes, both the left and right are guilty of this