Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

UNLV's Actual "Advantage" During the MWC Tournament

Funny you should mention this...

Strip listed as world’s most visited tourist attraction

The Las Vegas Strip is the most visited tourist attraction in the world, beating New York City’s Times Square and Paris’ Eiffel Tower.

That’s according to a list of the world’s 50 most visited tourist attractions by Love Home Swap, an online home and rental swap service. But then again, we have bright neon flashing lights and an Eiffel Tower in Vegas too.

In 2011, Travel and Leisure magazine listed the Strip as the No. 4 most visited tourist attraction in the world and noted that it has an annual 29,467,000 visitors.

Three years later, the Strip has an annual 39,668,221 visitors, according to the Love Home Swap list.

In 2013, Trip Advisor listed the Bellagio Fountains as the No. 1 traveler attraction on its list of Top 10 U.S. Landmarks, earning it a Travelers’ Choice Attraction Award.

Nevada’s Lake Mead also made the Love Home Swap list of most visited tourist attractions in the world at No. 43.

According to Love Home Swap, Lake Mead gets an annual 6,285,439 annual visitors. Lake Mead was not included in Travel and Leisure’s list of tourist attractions three years prior.

Tourist attractions in the United States made up the top nine most visited tourist attractions in the world on the Love Home Swap list with Times Square, Central Park, Union Station (Washington, D.C.), Niagara Falls, Grand Central Terminal (NYC), Faneuil Hall MarketPlace (Boston), Disneyworld’s Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park.

U.S. tourist attractions made up 28 of the 50.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/strip-listed-world-s-most-visited-tourist-attraction

I got my info from a non Las Vegas source but I'm sure the Las Vegas review journal is much more reputable. And some claim boise is the cou lol.

Posted Image

I got my info from a non Las Vegas source but I'm sure the Las Vegas review journal is much more reputable. And some claim boise is the cou lol.

These are based on the number of visitors, think of it as butts in seats, and these sites are not Las Vegas based.

When 39,668,221 people vote with their wallets and visit Las Vegas I think that tells you something.

2me1q87.jpg

It's weird the MWC would let BSU do this esp after BYU bitched and moaned about it for so long.

not really. If the mwc didn't allow for this we'd be talking about Boise's chances in the bwc tournament instead.

see! i knew it!  :D

anyway, have a great time in vegas...spend some money, i've got taxes due.

I was there on Monday, we're just getting back from Disneyland with the kids.  I was there yesterday but it was just a gas stop.  My sister lives there so we crashed at her place on the way down.  I miss the MWC tourney sometimes.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I was there on Monday, we're just getting back from Disneyland with the kids.  I was there yesterday but it was just a gas stop.  My sister lives there so we crashed at her place on the way down.  I miss the MWC tourney sometimes.

i bet. the wcc can't be as fun as the mwc. i'll be there pretty much all week, don't want to miss a thing, lol.

The MWC tournament is best in Vegas.  I am glad it is there, plus UNLV already made concessions to the rest of the conference when they hired Rice.  It is the gift that keeps giving.